• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Smalling

Viking

Del Boy said:
ArseNic said:
How can he be THAT expensive? He's got no experience whatsoever
It's a ridiculous price.

And what does this mean for Bartley? This signing isn't even necessary, yet some people are jumping for joy over it. I doubt anyone has seen him play more than one match.
Del Turd strikes again. Come summer, as it stands now, we'll only have Djourou and Vermaelen as defenders. Spending money where needed is what we've cried out for, for so, so long, and now that the club appears willing to do so we're gonna whine about it? Christ. Nine out of ten times Wenger gets us the right man for the job, so when he finally appears to be willing to spend some, it's natural that we become excited.

ArseNic

Clrnc said:
Del Boy said:
ArseNic said:
How can he be THAT expensive? He's got no experience whatsoever
It's a ridiculous price.

And what does this mean for Bartley? This signing isn't even necessary, yet some people are jumping for joy over it. I doubt anyone has seen him play more than one match.
Plan for future please.

Gallas, Silvest, Campbell is in their 30s and we only have 2 able centerbacks who are not 30.

No I see the need to get someone, but 7 Million for someone who has played 1 premier league match, is a bit of a gamble.

Meatwad

watching wenger's post match interview, it seems like there are talks with fulham. i need to watch this guy more because we might actually be in for him. haha at wenger telling fulham to shut up.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16429_5874546,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 46,00.html</a>

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Looks almost certain that we are in for him now. Wouldn't say no to a foursome of Gallas Vermaelen Djourou and Smalling next season. You can be sure there is talent there if Wenger is looking to spend £7m on an unproven player.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Del Boy said:
It's a ridiculous price.

And what does this mean for Bartley?
if it happens, it probably means he's better than bartley. or maybe nordveit isn't seen as a CB anymore. or maybe djourou is out of favour. or maybe we just want as many promising CBs as possible since vermaelen's really the only one we can count on long-term.

chill out.

ricky1985

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
Viking said:
And he's 6'4!!!!!!!

6'4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we've got chris smalling, f**k adebayor??
:lol:

Actually getting pretty excited about this now, and I've never seen him play! However, if Roy Hodgson and Arsène Wenger both rate him, then I think it's pretty safe to assume he's a plyer.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Armor for Sleep said:
Looks almost certain that we are in for him now. Wouldn't say no to a foursome of Gallas Vermaelen Djourou and Smalling next season. You can be sure there is talent there if Wenger is looking to spend £7m on an unproven player.
What? So you'll just watch then?

taylor314gh

AnthonyG said:
Armor for Sleep said:

took me a minute, but I see what you did there...

Raider

Established Member
20 year old, 6 foot 4 inch, young English defender.

7m? I can't comment on price, if Wenger thinks he's worth it, I'd back him.

I remember he was after Villas Curtis Davies when he was at West Brom and we bid £5m, although Brom were demanding in and around the 10m region, and this was the only reason he pulled out of the negotiations.

Anyway, lets hope this young lad can come in and prove his worth at 7m.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Armor for Sleep said:

:lol:

Yes yes, very good Ant!

gunner_down_under

AnthonyG said:
Armor for Sleep said:

LOL

Double_H

Established Member
he was really good against chelsea and he was very unlucky to score an own goal.

and from Arsène's interview he is ours

dbig

Google has a calculator function. Just type "193cm to inches" in the search box.

Result: 193 centimeters = 75.984252 inches

Which is almost 6'4".

Latest posts+

Top Bottom