• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christian Abbiati

A

Anonymous

Re: And Arsenal's new goalkeeper is...................

lee1001 said:
CreatorSupreme said:
Cristian Abbiati of Milan. One of my company's clients, scouts for Arsenal across Europe. In the course of our business discussion, I turned the conversation towards Arsenal and he confirmed that Wenger will move for Abbiati in the summer.

I asked about Frey and was told "He's mad, has a bad attitude, is too small for English football and wont come for crosses. He has the quickest reflexes you will ever see on a goalkeeper, but wont command the penalty area. You need a big strong goalkeeper in England and Abbiati is technically excellent, agile and brave, Arsène likes him and will get him in the summer"

I believe this guy.

The quote from this "client" has a lot of truth in it. Wenger does like keepers that come for crosses and command their areas well so our players can be released on the counter attack quickly which is Lehmann's biggest strength and reason for him coming out of his area so much and even Almunia has been doing that more recently so its clear they are encouraged to do so.

I think you do need a strong keeper in the premiership and maybe explains why we have never moved for Frey or will not move for Hildebrand.

We did move for Abbiati a couple years back, but he wanted to fight for his place. So its clear Wenger does indeed like him.
Its as clear as day Lehmann and Almunia are not good enough and Wenger isn't stupid, he knows this. So im sure we'll see a new keeper for the start of next season

What do you mean that we wanted abbiati 2 years ago but he wanted to stay to fight fo rhis spot? 2 years ago abbiati was there number one. STOP BULLS***ING

asajoseph

Established Member
Actually, we did chase Abbiati (well, we were linked with him a lot) the summer that we ended up with Lehman. But that was the summer that every keeper and his cat was linked to Arsenal. Canizares, Abbiati, Marcos were all linked strongly.

Sammer

Established Member
CreatorSupreme said:
Legend#1 said:
CreatorSupreme said:
I'd love to see Hildebrand at Highbury as much as any of you, but Bayern have done a deal for him. To be honest I've only seen Abbiati a couple of times, he looks good, but I dont know how good he is, but he is Wenger's choice.

No they haven't..

Where's your source then..
Regarding Hildebrand, I'm going on a) What I read in both the Independent and the Times and b) From a work colleague who used to work for Reuters and is pretty clued up on European Football, and his contacts have told him again and again that Hildebrand and Lahm will be Bayern players next season.

You seem to be a real insider, creatorsupreme :wink:

Lahm going to Bayern next season? Of course, he is only on loan at Stuttgart. That was already made offical a year ago !

Hildebrand joining Bayern after this season? Not really, as Kahn will definately stay at Bayern until 2006, and then - like Gazza said - Rensing will most likely take over.

Abbiate could be a great option for us, but you got to convince us a bit more with your insider sources....

Mostarac

Established Member
Hildebrand will probably end up with Schalke. They seem to get all their players on free transfers.

seb_afc

Established Member
WE dont need a keeper!!!! STUART TAYLOR is perfectly good..and so is stack!!!! just give them a run in the team! they cant be worse than the turkey thats in their at the minute :evil:

Mostarac

Established Member
Haha, yeah Taylor is only a RESERVE for Leicester, and Stack has lost his place to Marshall at Millwall. And you call them Arsenal-material? Haha.

seb_afc

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Haha, yeah Taylor is only a RESERVE for Leicester, and Stack has lost his place to Marshall at Millwall. And you call them Arsenal-material? Haha.

as it happens taylor is training with the arsenal first team now. stack has only lost his place because of this "rape" scandal that went on. and you think jens lehmann and almunia are??? they make loads of mistakes. all im saying is that they cannot be worse...

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Well creatorsupreme was right. Hildebrand will go to Munich. I was wrong. Maybe this guys actually an insider?

Creatorsupreme also said we'd sign Abbiati, so lets hope he was right about that one too.

Ratinho

Established Member
If you worked for a company dealing with scouting and Arsenal, would you release info on a transfer that was not yet done, on a random forum?

We'll start next season with Kevin Pilkington in goal.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
He never said he worked for a company which scouts for Arsenal, he just has contacts which do.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, mate. But two weeks ago Bayern said they weren't signing Hildebrand, yet this guy maintained that they were. Now Hildebrand has signed a pre-contract deal with Bayern, so either this guy is a lucky guesser or he actually knows something.

Ratinho

Established Member
Fair enough, I see that re-reading it, but you see my point. I'm taking it with a large tub of saxo.

It didn't take rocket science to realise there was a very good chance Hildebrand would sign for Bayern.

Sammer

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
He never said he worked for a company which scouts for Arsenal, he just has contacts which do.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, mate. But two weeks ago Bayern said they weren't signing Hildebrand, yet this guy maintained that they were. Now Hildebrand has signed a pre-contract deal with Bayern, so either this guy is a lucky guesser or he actually knows something.

It is just a rumour, that Hildebrand has signed a pre-contract with Bayern. A rumour, nothing more yet.

The 2-year contract with Stuttgart is a present to his club, as he will most likely leave in 2006 to join a big european club, not necessarily Bayern.
A present, because the club going for Hildebrand will have to pay bucks.

Soler

Established Member
Does anyone know how Isaakson has been playing for Rennes this season :?:

Matt

Looks like Arsenal is very interested in the Belgian International keeper Silvio Proto: Arsenal scout Proto

A good, young keeper but not yet ready for Arsenal. Stack and Taylor are just as good as Silvio Proto. But here in Belgium everybody is going wild about him.
Other clubs who are interested are Paris Saint-Germain, Palermo, Man United en Monaco.

Footage of his game this weekend, if you wanne see him play: http://www.vtm.be/asx/sport/stadion_deel2.asx Go to the 14th minute 44 second (his team plays in blue.
Just after that compilation you can see the match of Beveren, just look at the magnificent free kicks of Romaric.

Top Bottom