Christoph Metzelder

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Lord Dula, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Cheers for the info mate :)

10mill pound of euros?

2. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

i say go for matteo ferrari or daniele bonera. they are italian, young and cheap.

3. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

paolo cannavaro is another good italian one.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all these names branded about. he will never come to Arsenal

probably go to bayern or some italian club

5. patrick42uk

i really dont know how metzelder's name snuck into a potential signings list. Out of all the possible links, that is the most far fetched

6. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

I agree Patrick. Its just coz of that article linking him with us in Bild. I don't think Wenger's after any defenders.

7. eikaz

eikaz New Member

yes..cannavaro or bonera is a good player..i agree with that..but if metzelder want to go to aresenal..make him the first choice.. ;D :angel ;D

8. patrick42uk

juventus apparantly made a 2 million bid for ferrari, for a young italian international defender (and former captain of the u-21s), thats a bargain. Man utd have joined the hunt

9. Shirley

Shirley New Member

There is still another rumor that Inter is interested in him.

I'm waiting for the final result.

PS: He is actually the most handsome player in Germany. :mrgreen: ;D

10. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

In any case, it looks like he will definately leave Borussia Dortmund.

Considering that ManU will spend some cash on their defense in the summer, they will probably go for Metzelder too.

11. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

There are alot of great young defenders out there who are attainable - Metzelder, Mexes, Trabelsi, Ferrara, Ferreira, Kompany, Hofland, Van Buyten.

.... but you'd have to question are they truly better than what we might have in Toure and Senderos, and Hoyte. The jury is still out.

One thing is for sure - Metzelder is the most accomplished out of those, and has proved that he can be a shining star as part of a consistent defensive unit. Probably one of the best defenders around with Chivu, Nesta, Cannavaro, Ayala, and Pellegrino.

12. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

i rate Metzelder quite highly... started making a name for himself in WC2002... has played good ever since... he's pretty big too, isnt he? i wouldnt mind if we got him, but as has been said before, he wouldnt be cheap.....

13. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

He is a great CB - quite young and very accomplished for his age. Very capable of organizing a defense "Nesta-Style". He always wanted to play in the EPL or the spanish league.

Besides other clubs being able to pay more for him, his friendship with Jens could be a definate plus for Arsenal, if Wenger is interested. He is a smart guy and not the type, that decides merely about which club pays most.

14. TheGunner4

TheGunner4 New Member

It would be the best what could happen for the arsenal.
    He´s my favourite german defender.
    I dont know how much he costs.
    I only know that they´re want 30.000.000€ for Rosicky.
    I regard that they want nearly 10.000.000€

15. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

They will ask a lot for Metzelder.. i dont know if we have the cash to do a deal.. Wenger has to interested enough first before anything happens.

16. kNiteMare

kNiteMare New Member

Unless Kolo moves to RB, i dont see this happenning. Wenger rated Senderos highly and if that is still true after a year the only CD Wenger would be interested in would be a back up.

17. seanconvey66

seanconvey66 New Member

Aren't Dortmund well and truely skint tho

18. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Well they are supposed to be in financial trouble..but they will still want to sell to the highest bidder

19. GlasgowGooner

GlasgowGooner New Member

isnt he injury prone though? I dont think he has played all season.

20. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

At 27?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.