• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christoph Metzelder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirley

I am totally confused by such rumor as I was told several days ago that Metzelder is going to join in Man United. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sammer

Established Member
Shirley said:
I am totally confused by such rumor as I was told several days ago that Metzelder is going to join in Man United. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well to be honest, it looks more like he will join ManU than Arsenal. He is a born-CB and Dortmund needs to make a lot of cash fast.

Basically, Metzelder is exactly what ManU needs - a Nesta-type of player being capable of organizing their ****ty defense.

If he leaves Dortmund, he will more likely end up at ManU (or Chelski, if Roman does catch him first) at this point.

M+D

Established Member
WENGER LOOK AT CHRIST
Arsène Wenger has made enquiries about taking Real Madrid's Christoph Metzelder to the Emirates on loan.

The Germany defender has fallen down the pecking order at the Bernabeu and Wenger needs to bolster his defence af ter selling Philippe Senderos to AC Milan and seeing new signing Mikael Silvestre pick up an injury the moment he walked into the club from Manchester United.

Metzelder, 27, only joined Real last summer, but knows he will struggle to get past established stars such as Fabio Cannavaro and Sergio Ramos.

Arsenal centre-half William Gallas was even booed against FD Twente by his own supporters on Wednesday and Metzelder would see the move as an opportunity to re-start his career.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=wenger-look-at-christ&method=full&objectid=20718626&siteid=93463-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose it's a possibility if Djourou went on loan, but this is a story from The People, so there's about a 2% chance it's true.

Asterix

Established Member
Re: Christoph Metzelder on loan?

Would be useful to have some height in defence, particularly when there are ten minutes to go and we're up only 1-0 having squandered 18 scoring chances earlier in the game and the opposition is bombarding us with long balls.

number_0

Established Member

appearntly we only enquired about him, i dont think we will get another defender after silvestre this season.

Paddy from Sweden

AW said when he let Senderos go that we were stacked in defence. That hasn't changed and letting Djourou go and bring another defender in that hasn't any experience of the Premiership isn't a wise one.

JazzG

Established Member

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, even though he spends most of his time recovering from injuries he is actually a fantastic defender. Would provide great company for Rosicky and RvP as well...

IBL

Established Member

isnt this guy big, slow and cumbersome?

We're better off keeping JD if Metz is another version of Senderos

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Metzelder and Mertesacker were junk in the Euros. I haven't seen much of either outside of that, but I was really disappointed at both of them.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He is normally a very reliable solid central defender. I am unsure if he could play our offside game though

entropy13

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Metzelder and Mertesacker were junk in the Euros. I haven't seen much of either outside of that, but I was really disappointed at both of them.

They haven't played a competitive match for months before the Euros. They were both just recovered from injuries then.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Fair enough Entropy, as I said I'm hardly in a position to judge either.

Asterix

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/19/barcelona-arsenal-gael-clichy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ael-clichy</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a very tenuous rumour at the bottom of this article. His contract expires in the summer and he seems to want to go and actually play some football for someone. He'll be 30 in November. I know we've been linked in the past.

Will he go to the World Cup? I guess he'll want to put himself in the shop window.

Bossa

Established Member
Metzelder is poor and injury prone. If he's considered a starter at Arsenal our defence will continue to be ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom