• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christopher Nkunku

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Once again I trust the people running the club to do the right thing.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's an interesting young player but I find the option to buy really expensive.

He can be a signing like Guendouzi, a good young player for the future but I'm not sure he's gonna improve us for the 2nd part of the season.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
£20 million for Nkunku is a very good deal. I am all for him replacing Ramsey and I am happy we are targeting skilful technical players who have the pace to run forward and get back. He can do a job on the wing, but he isn't a wide player.

Also, bringing in a young French player from PSG who as come through their academy, speaks volumes to our appeal. We need to be the club that attracts that profile of talent and if Nkunku signs and is a success it gives us a much better chance of getting the next Kimpembe.

The big spending clubs do not always allow a pathway for young talent to come through. Nkunku is an example of that and I wouldn't be surprised if Adli wants to leave in 2 years time.

We need to start attracting the young talent that go to Leipzig, Mainz and Dortmund.

Absolutely 100%!

I read someone's comment in this thread saying he is a poor man's Iwobi. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HBL

Established Member
Not sure this transfer has a downside, we'll be able to recoup the fee we pay for him if things don't work out.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Looks like this will go through then.

TornadoTed

Established Member
He's an interesting young player but I find the option to buy really expensive.

He can be a signing like Guendouzi, a good young player for the future but I'm not sure he's gonna improve us for the 2nd part of the season.

Totally different pedigree though. Guendouzi had played 50 games for Lorient and Lorient B with all but 8 of them in French divisions 2, 3 & 4. Nkunku has made 46 1st team appearances for PSG, one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for us to just recall Nelson back from loan?

Its exactly because of things like this we never have money for the players we really need.

CJJ

Established Member
Is this guy a midfielder or a winger?
And can he dribble 1v1?
And is he fast?

If its another midfield/winger hybrid without pace that we'll play as AMR i'm not interested.

Is this guy a midfielder or a winger?
And can he dribble 1v1?
And is he fast?

If its another midfield/winger hybrid without pace that we'll play as AMR i'm not interested.

He is basically the french AMN according to the people who watch him on regular basis. A player without position but Emery apparently utilized him on the left and right wing. From the videos he doesn't look fast or good dribbler but has a good long range shooting, which everyone should always be vary of.

I rather recall Nelson, play ESR more, debut Amiechi and give Saka more chances. Because we are in more need of right back, center back, left back talent or senior wide-forward.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
FFS yeah you guys are making me think this is a ****ing pointless signing and a waste of money (and a waste of our actual talents).

CJJ

Established Member
He is basically the french AMN according to the people who watch him on regular basis. A player without position but Emery apparently utilized him on the left and right wing. From the videos he doesn't look fast or good dribbler but has a good long range shooting, which everyone should always be vary of.

I rather recall Nelson, play ESR more, debut Amiechi and give Saka more chances. Because we are in more need of right back, center back, left back talent or senior wide-forward.
I wouldn't recall Nelson as i think this loan is good for him, and I have an idea that clubs dislike other clubs that recall loanees without a very very good reason.
But if this guy will be utilized as right wing i'd rather give a chance to our youth who's with us right now and spend our ressources elsewhere.

benjamin86

Established Member
Not really. He may develop to be a gem but nothing I have seen so far would lead me to the conclusion that he is a future crack. Good young player but there are much better young talents in the French league. Someone compared him to AMN, I would agree with that talent wise.
so not as good as Nelson?

Top Bottom