• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chuba Akpom (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hope he goes to Celtic.

Think he can have an Afobe like career at a mid table team.

Wasn't he wanted by Dortmund academy some years ago?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He hasn't played regularly enough at a higher level. If he gets that chance, he could go up a level or two in ability. Not saying he's going to become a world beater by any stretch of the imagination.
He has been on three loans in the Championship and scored 3 goals, why should he get a chance at a higher level? He should start in the League One just like Afobe.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Hope he goes to Celtic.

Think he can have an Afobe like career at a mid table team.

Wasn't he wanted by Dortmund academy some years ago?
No idea about Dortmund wanting him. But I can also see Akpom taking a similar path as Afobe. Hopefully, we can get a decent fee for Akpom.

al-Ustaadh

He has been on three loans in the Championship and scored 3 goals, why should he get a chance at a higher level? He should start in the League One just like Afobe.
And we got 2m pounds for Afobe when he left along with I think a sell-on fee clause.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No idea about Dortmund wanting him. But I can also see Akpom taking a similar path as Afobe. Hopefully, we can get a decent fee for Akpom.

Yeah, just checked. Was on the Telegraph and on the Star, but haven't bothered to check on who sourced it.

Don't think it'll be a huge fee. Still, for 2-5m he'd be a good gamble for many championship sides.

al-Ustaadh

Yeah, just checked. Was on the Telegraph and on the Star, but haven't bothered to check on who sourced it.

Don't think it'll be a huge fee. Still, for 2-5m he'd be a good gamble for many championship sides.
Doesn't need to be a huge fee. We only got 2m pounds for Afobe back in the day. I think 3m pounds is a fair price for Akpom.

Box2Box

I saw him play for Brighton (my local team now) a couple of times. He was shockingly poor. I was embarrassed that he'd come from Arsenal. The Brighton fans around me wanted rid of him.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As @GDeep™ used to say, Akpom sealed his fate when he didn't cross on a preseason friendly. Instead he was selfish in trying to score, only to hit the post and miss a wide open goal.

Some theory that :)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Is that who he was on loan with season just gone?
Yeah. £2m is a good price with I imagine a sell on clause attached.

We really should be churning out more players like this fetching between 1 to 5m. Lots of little fees add up and if half of them have a decent career it reaffirms our academy as a producer of good talent whilst providing money for the first team.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yeah. £2m is a good price with I imagine a sell on clause attached.

We really should be churning out more players like this fetching between 1 to 5m. Lots of little fees add up and if half of them have a decent career it reaffirms our academy as a producer of good talent whilst providing money for the first team.

There was that lad that went to Germany last summer for a million or two, can't remember his name. Hayden to Newcastle the summer before that. Wonder how the costs for training them and wages compares to the fees received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom