• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

City player has to break religious principles.....

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 3,198

slapz

He could have just told the FA doping testers to f'ing wait for it. They couldnt ban him anyway cos he'd get his human rights people onto it causing mayhem

satan_beckham

if the FA creates a big fuss over this,the image of england will not be good,just like US to muslims now all over the world

Laymonite

What if a Christian player refused to play on a Sunday, or a Jewish player refused to play on a Saturday? The Sabbath is meant to be just used as a holy day of prayer, no working.

Would they have your sympathy if forced to play? Keegan has criticized the FA for the Ramadan thing, but what would he do if faced with the above scenario?

JazzG

Established Member
Sorry what the FA did was right, he has to take the drugs test and it doesn't matter if it is Ramadan or not.

If its something the player can't deal with then he should of taken the month off or not be in football at all

A.Hussain

ya, its a pretty sorry fact that the FA had to force negoui to break his fast. With the mercy of Allah, hopefully this would be forgiven. since negoui was forced.

i expect the FA to come up with an apology on this issue.
and laymonite, u have a point there. no player should have to break the rules of his religion unless it is a dire emergency and even that decision should lie with the player.

remeber Roa?? 8)

Laymonite

JazzG said:
Sorry what the FA did was right, he has to take the drugs test and it doesn't matter if it is Ramadan or not.

If its something the player can't deal with then he should of taken the month off or not be in football at all

Agreed. If it meant so much to him he should have flat out refused and just took whatever punishment was given.

A

Anonymous

Ther Same with Rio, he has turned Rasta :idea: so thats what i'd go with anyway, smoking weed is my religion :D

DLC

Kolo Toure is also a muslim and leaves the training ground in his muslim robes (i don't know the proper name for it sorry). However, he doesn't observe Ramadan because it would interfere with his profession but believes God understands this.

A

Anonymous

yeah..but the testers from UK sport always have claimed that they will wait Day and Night for the player to pass urine...but apparently in this case they didn't do that and forced a player (who had absolutely no need to break his fast) to break his fast..that was something really dumb UK sport did.surely they could have taken time out in the evening to do the test.

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:

No JazzG, the drug testers should not have forced him to break his fast.

What they should have done is wait until he could provide a sample.

JazzG

Established Member
What if he could only provide a sample the next day? Don't think that would be right.

Maybe they should of waited but I heard that he said that he could only provide urine if he could drink some water, I've heard different now so maybe I was abit harsh there......

A

Anonymous

That's kind of odd thinking he can only provide a sample the next day because your body has to dispense water some time. ;)

If you don't go to the toilet for 24 hours, there's something wrong with you. ;)

Also, there are other methods of drug testing.

This is the same issue with Ferdinand, where drug testers are required to wait till a player can provide a sample. UK Sport's argument is that Ferdinand was nowhere to be found, as opposed to someone unable to piss in a cup ...

Top Bottom