• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is it really. Ideally we would start Theo but he's just not up to scratch atm. Welbeck has just come back from injury and would have played 70 mins a few games before, so it's a tricky one. Giroud is way down the pecking order for me in this game.

I'd potentially still go with Theo. Flanked by Alexis and Welbeck.

Yeah I think we could use Giroud like we did against Bayern, havoc off the bench which was really effective. Welbeck probably only got 60 minutes in him at most so that'd work out I reckon.

@yousif_arsenal

Suffocate the midfield 3, cut off service to them and harry them on the ball, then break quickly. Ramsey not a patch on any of their midfielders technically but he has them beat easily physically. Dare the likes of Pique to go over the top.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Las Palmas outplaying them atm, but losing now. Mind you they look like a better team than us, don't have cloggers like Giroud, Theo and Ramsey. All their players are technically superb and confident.

The way to go:

Cech
Bellerin Per Kos Monreal
Ramsey Coq
Oxlade Özil Alexis
Theo/Welbz

Really, really miss Santi for a game like this. I would've been confident of beating them if he was fit.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Arsenal-predicted-lineup-vs-FC-Barcelona.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i would start theo only as striker only, theo on wings is no thanks for me he even don't look up for it every time he play on wings.

nmn

Coquelin will be vital for this game. He'll have to play almost as a 3rd CB between Koscielny and Mertesacker, playing just slightly in front of them, helping them defend against Suarez and against Messi and Neymar cutting in. Let Ramsey and Özil (lol) pressure Iniesta and Rakitic/Turan.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
All I'm really looking for is a professional approach here. Don't be stupid and do everything possible to avoid conceding. If there are opportunities on the counter, great. If not just don't be reckless and give ourselves a chance in the away tie.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I doubt Giroud will start this. We'll probably have less than 30% of the ball, so we'll rely on counters. Welbeck is more suited to pressing game, plus his pace can be useful in counters.

Chamberlain will have to stay infield to cover Neymar/Alba combinations and also provide for an extra man in midfield.

My lineup:
Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Ramsey
Chamberlain - Özil - Sanchez
Welbeck
We have about 5% hope of going through this tie, so hoping the score is kept at a respectable level and we don't get humiliated

Aevi

Hale End FC
I doubt Giroud will start this. We'll probably have less than 30% of the ball, so we'll rely on counters. Welbeck is more suited to pressing game, plus his pace can be useful in counters.

Chamberlain will have to stay infield to cover Neymar/Alba combinations and also provide for an extra man in midfield.

My lineup:
Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Ramsey
Chamberlain - Özil - Sanchez
Welbeck
We have about 5% hope of going through this tie, so hoping the score is kept at a respectable level and we don't get humiliated
We need to save Welbz for Man Utd. He probably needs a rest anyways.

When he scores and gets Van Gaal sacked :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom