• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
gun__1450090848_141512_Barca.jpeg

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscileny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Chamberlain Özil Alexis
Giroud

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Özil and Ramsey don't perform we'll get murdered, could snatch a result if they learn how to shoot in training.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Chamberlain is playing here over Walcott, and we'll try the latter up front vs Manchester United.

Rest I agree with from OP lineup.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Giroud will probably play but he shouldn't. Will do more harm than good I think. Walcott should not play. Welbeck is looking good, but don't think he can play again so soon.

It has to be giroud up front. Walcott is shocking and welbeck isn't ready yet. Giroud is our best option- we aren't going to dominate so will be relying more on set pieces to get a goal. At first glance, Walcott would be the better option because we are going to be playing a counter attacking game. Tactically, he would be the better option but in reality, he's just too poor (and he's lost a bit of pace since his injury). Giroud would be like using a 7 iron on a driving range- not a perfect match but you'll get somewhere with it. Walcott would be like using a full driver... made out of biscotti.

Proof

Established Member
Looking forward to it a lot!

Our defenders should get a little physical with Messi, Neymar and Suarez. I wouldn't mind an occasional shove. I would love to have some old school Italian centre-backs for this game.

Both Bellerin and Monreal should to talk some trash and try to get into their heads. They should bring up Suarez's biting past, Neymar's transfer irregularities, Messi's inability to score against Cech, his failures with Argentina etc.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Clearly awful preparation for this game today but let's just hope our first teamers (who actually came on and looked worse than the people they replaced) remember how to finally score again.

We'll get a few chances, it will come down to whether we are clinical enough to take them.

Hopefully Cech rallies this team to put in a monster defensive performance too. Going to need his experience on Tuesday.

Can't see us winning this though. Barca are just too good. Way too good,

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Suarez will bully us, Neymar will get us down to 10 men and Messi will end us.

nmn

Watching Neymar with the ball shows how poor Sanchez's first touch and dribbling is in comparison.

arsmile

Established Member
Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscileny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Chamberlain Özil Alexis
Giroud

Yeah I don't think there's much debate about this line up?

Gabriel would have probably started had he not got injured- ...youre looking at theo/Campbell/Ox/Welbeck for where the fitness/form is at and Ox probably edges it...

the only alternative would be to do something super cautious like put flamini or chambers next to coquelin and then sit ramsey out wide.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd consider Welbeck for Giroud because we're going to need to utilise the counter and he's really impressed the last two games. Normally I would have started Theo but the poor lad looks like he's having a mare.

Also Las Palmas proving this Barca side can be got at, us breaking at pace on that midfield could be tasty, not much physicality in there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i have no idea how we gonna stop MSN park the bus? but we are home we not gonna do that so i just hope we be careful with position here because anytime we gonna losing the ball they gonna counter us.

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Kosh Nacho
Coq Ramsey
Theo/Ox Özil Alexis
Giroud

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd consider Welbeck for Giroud because we're going to need to utilise the counter and he's really impressed the last two games. Normally I would have started Theo but the poor lad looks like he's having a mare.

Also Las Palmas proving this Barca side can be got at, us breaking at pace on that midfield could be tasty, not much physicality in there.
Barca Defense is nothing special the problem is their front 3 even man marking not gonna work against Messi Suarez and Neymar.

RandyMarsh

Established Member

This is it really. Ideally we would start Theo but he's just not up to scratch atm. Welbeck has just come back from injury and would have played 70 mins a few games before, so it's a tricky one. Giroud is way down the pecking order for me in this game.

I'd potentially still go with Theo. Flanked by Alexis and Welbeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom