• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Celta Vigo | 10/3/04

Legend#1

Established Member
JazzG said:
Good professional performance, nothing fancy. Just got the job done and everyone goes home happy.

Exactly, no nerves, no complecency, let's just shut up shop and advance

GlasgowGooner

Vieria was once again immense, great display from him. Special mention for Lauren also who takes a lot of unfair stick he was great tonight on the right with Freddie.

Alexone234

i am disgusted that there are no full highlights on ITV. If those man c*nts had played, we would have been treated to an hour of manc crap.

kanooo

Mark said:
Freddie looked better than Pires today, Pires wasn't quite at his best.

Edu was even missing at times. But it's understandable when we were in cruise control.

Mark

Established Member
Edu played well but has played a lot recently so it was perhaps wise to take him off early. He also had a yellow card so if he had got another he'd miss the next round which we can't have. Gilberto wasn't too bad when he came on but I can see why Edu has seemingly taken his place.

Alexone234

Edu is become a really good Arsenal player. it has taken so time, but it shows what a run of games can do for you.

GlasgowGooner

Alexone234 said:
i am disgusted that there are no full highlights on ITV. If those man c*nts had played, we would have been treated to an hour of manc crap.

no they would have just swithced their live game to Wednesday and shown the mancs.

JazzG

Established Member
Alexone234 said:

I don't think they have the rights to show our match. Same way if a match is on ITV they don't show highlights on sky.

JazzG

Established Member
They did one right after the match, one for every match. Have no idea when they will do more highlights, they seem to randomly show them during the day on skysports!

Watch skysports news, they will show u the major things there.

Andrew

Pretty good match this was. It was good to see a more solid win after the 3-2 win away.

Henry was our best player I thought. Bergkamp was great again and seems to be really effective early on in a match lately. Pires had a couple of chances he would normally put away with his eyes closed, still played ok I thought. Ljungberg played well. Vieira and Edu (suprised to see him chosen ahead of Gilberto) were solid as was our back 4 while Lehmann did well to get a clean sheet.

Overall we didn't play out of our skins but still I think we are just about the most impressive team in the CL, or at least are in the top 3. Still won't get carried away because I don't think we have met a really great team so far this season in the CL.

bobbypires

Established Member
Pires was very generous, Bergie a genious and Henry, what can I say? There are no words.

I think it was an easy game. Here in Spain said that Celta was a toy in Arsenal's hands. :D They thanked Arsenal because they did not continue scoring. They are really scared of us.

Pat's missing Gerbil

From the telegraph

Henry is so close to nirvana in his game that he actually laughed as he chased an ambitious long ball from Bergkamp which skimmed along the touchline. Laughed, one suspects, because he knew he was going catch the bouncing ball before it left the pitch. Laughed, because it was fun to be chasing a bag of air at full pelt in a match that hardly extended them beyond a canter. With United going out at home to Porto the night before, there was a double incentive for these Arsenal players to turn the screw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom