• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

Sammer

Established Member
Sol said:
I fear the worst, I really really do. How can the players pick themselves up for Liverpool??

It is last year all over again and I cant stand it. It is at times like this that I wish football didnt mean so much to me, I feel sick.
Ive just looked at my phone and ive got 16 messages - Ive deleted them all.

But fair play to Chelsea - they battered us second half really. But where were we? What happened to us in the second half?
I would not like to be Wenger now. One thing is for certain and that is we will not beat Liverpool AND Newcastle.

Lehmann, Henry, Pires, Freddie all had terrible games tonight when it mattered most. When your big players dont play what else can you expect.

Vieira was brilliant (what must he be thinking?) as was Reyes and the back four.

Spot on Sol, 100% agreed with every word you just said !

Evil Dragon

With all the recent Gilberto bashing I begin to wonder how wrong they could be. It seems we need him more than ever.

gypped

Yeah, to all you slagging off on Henry, you go play as hard as he has as mch as he has this season. ****all, the man hasn't had a ****ing break!

Gunner Ossie

Us loosing tonight has got **** all to do with gilberto so dont you wankers start with that hindsight ****. If you really want to look for sad ass excuses why not blame it on the fact that bergkamp did not start, or maybe cygans injury or henrys misses or fergie's crystal ball or maybe a lady bird shat on a blade of grass on the pitch. OH P leeeease

There is only one person who deserves most of the credit and, conversely most of the blame if arsenal **** up another season (that was all but in the bag) and that is Arsène wenger.

patrick42uk

Established Member
thats a good point, what must vieira be thinking. he gave this club a second chance, then a third, then a fourth. his patience must have run out by now. i would be surprised but also respect him more if he sticks with this club. as for henry, i dont care what he does.

A

Anonymous

Sammer said:
Sol said:
I fear the worst, I really really do. How can the players pick themselves up for Liverpool??

It is last year all over again and I cant stand it. It is at times like this that I wish football didnt mean so much to me, I feel sick.
Ive just looked at my phone and ive got 16 messages - Ive deleted them all.

But fair play to Chelsea - they battered us second half really. But where were we? What happened to us in the second half?
I would not like to be Wenger now. One thing is for certain and that is we will not beat Liverpool AND Newcastle.

Lehmann, Henry, Pires, Freddie all had terrible games tonight when it mattered most. When your big players dont play what else can you expect.

Vieira was brilliant (what must he be thinking?) as was Reyes and the back four.

Spot on Sol, 100% agreed with every word you just said !

What?!

Evil Dragon

Reyes has outplayed Henry recently, for Liverpool play him instead,

Lehmann (****ing ****)

Lauren (****ing ****) Toure Campbell Cole

Gilberto Edu Vieira Pires

Bergkamp Reyes

A

Anonymous

this is the exact result you get when we have no natural centre forward

we were tired, the backfour played well, but henry sucked.

what this game has done, is like the united games is that others will believe that arsenal are beatable.

well done chelsea you deserved it more.

when did a team come to highbury and play the arse off the park

dsurg

we loosing today means only one thing we dont have a good enough squad simple and short ...we were knackered in the second half and lacked imagination and chelsea wanted it more.....wenger has some serious planning and shopping to do...and this season really isnt over yet but its looking very ominous

Mark

Established Member
Ljungbergfan said:
I said it before! Freddie Ljungberg shouldn't have played, we seem to do better when he isn't there and Gilberto is

Premiership
Arsenal (w. Gilberto & without Freddie) v Chelsea- 2-1

FA CUP
Arsenal (w.Gilberto & without Freddie) v Chelsea- 2-1

Premiership
Chelsea (w.Gilberto & without Freddie) v Arsenal- 1-2

Champ league 1
Chelsea v Arsenal (w.Freddie & without Gilberto) - 1-1

Champ league 2
Arsenal (w. Freddie & without Gilberto) v Chelsea 2-1

That statistic says something.

Those statistics don't mean anything. If Gilberto had played tonight and we still lost there would be people like you saying he shouldnt've played because he doesn't provide us with attacking options or whatever ****. The players who played were all good enough to beat Chelsea tonight and for the first half we were definetly on top of them but they all disappeared in the second half. Gilberto wouldnt've saved us, you know. Next people will say we missed Kanu and Cygan. We cannot blame it on certain players not playing. The reason we lost was the attitude of the team overall.

A

Anonymous

gypped said:
Yeah, to all you slagging off on Henry, you go play as hard as he has as mch as he has this season. ****all, the man hasn't had a f****g break!

just want to add this turd has a break more then the others.

where was he today. I was so happy wenger saw that and took him off. this sub must be a big bruising to his already fat ego

however he should have brought on wiltord or ali. Bergkamp did
**** all also

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Looking back on the past week, it seems to me that there is something not quite right with the Arsenal midfield. When the pressure is on, it seems to crumble. In the past 4 big games - the defence has been superb in every one, absolutely superb. I couldn't have asked for a better effort and performance from Cole, Campbell, Toure, Lauren (& Clichy when he filled in). Edu, Vieira, Ljungberg and Pires have all been extremely hot/cold, and they've dissappeared when we've needed them most.

Henry has been disappointing through the games, he seems to be missing something attitude-wise... i don't know what it is. I hope some of Reyes eagerness rubs off on Henry and not the other way around.

AFCG7

Established Member
Bergkamp came on with Chelsea in the ascendancy and hardly got the ball..what did you expect him to do??

arsena1

do I feel sick in the stomach? sure !
but to the point of condemning the arsenal players ?
a big NO !

can't you see that they were doing their best ?
can't you see how tired henry was ?
that he was picking himself up to go get the balls ?

can u even hear the arsenal fans at highbury in the 2nd half ?
where was the support when it was most needed ?
so it is true that arsenal fans are just a bunch of glory chasers
who only share in the joys with the players but turn into a
batch of player-slaggers when things are not going our way.

what happened to the legions of fans I used to see in this forum
who supported the team through thick and thin.

There's still the EPL title to play for.
at the start of the season, I would be happy for just 1 of the 3.
and now we still have a chance.

Not that I don't feel ****ing disappointed in the past 2-3 days
but that's no excuse to be moaners.

show that we're still behind them and not sticking them behind their backs while the wounds are still fresh.
Does anyone happen to think they do not hurt inside ?

those criticising the team's mental strength, you have a point
but look at yourselves in the mirror before pointing an accusing finger.

Come on ! the team needs us now more than ever !

Hopefully all the Arsenal players can get their heads out of this muck and start thinking of defending our EPL lead.

this is serious. those going to games come on ! show your passion.
sing louder than ever !

It wouldn't do to do a Leverkusen.

Kyla

what does today prove? That we are not good enough? I still think we are. But no desire or commitment and we payed the price for that 2 games in a row. Still credit to Chelsea and their manager in paticular. I guess it was fitting that we were knocked out with a typical Arsenal goal.

PS: i think Vieira's off. he must have had it by now. Don't be surprised to hear disgruntled talk from Pires in the French papers and Henry having his two pennies worth!

Those statistics don't mean anything. If Gilberto had played tonight and we still lost there would be people like you saying he shouldnt've played because he doesn't provide us with attacking options or whatever s**t. The players who played were all good enough to beat Chelsea tonight and for the first half we were definetly on top of them but they all disappeared in the second half. Gilberto wouldnt've saved us, you know. Next people will say we missed Kanu and Cygan. We cannot blame it on certain players not playing. The reason we lost was the attitude of the team overall.

Actually there is a current pattern so technically I consider it a statistic. Maybe Freddie isn't the one to blame for this loss, maybe Gilberto isn't the answer either but when you play the first 3 matches with Gilberto in it and win them, then don't use him for 2 champions league matches and then don't end up winning, you begin to wonder.

Oh and I think had Cygan been on we would have lost more than 2-1. But as you know Cygan is injured so that wouldn't have happened anyway :wink:

Evil Dragon

Weeks ago everyone was on about what a disaster Manures season was, at this stage they have a better chance of winning a trophy, and have the better season. That just makes me sick :cry:

Top Bottom