• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

n_henry

As we know now that Henry strained a hamstring, perhaps he was feeling it early on, and that's why he was invisible...

Who knows, but let's not get carried away with this disappointing defeat. It hurts a lot, yes, but Chelsea were due for a win against us, and unfortunately, they just krept through the back door at the most crucial time.

Henry a poser? :roll: Yeah, that's why Real and Chelski want him. Though...those Galacticos didn't do better than us this season, did they - there you go - we did as well as the most successful club in Europe this season. :lol:

Come on guys - keep your heads up. The league is the most important thing this season. Perhaps we've forgotten what it's like to really lose...?

thierrys_girl

Established Member
n_henry said:
As we know now that Henry strained a hamstring, perhaps he was feeling it early on, and that's why he was invisible...

Who knows, but let's not get carried away with this disappointing defeat. It hurts a lot, yes, but Chelsea were due for a win against us, and unfortunately, they just krept through the back door at the most crucial time.

Henry a poser? :roll: Yeah, that's why Real and Chelski want him. Though...those Galacticos didn't do better than us this season, did they - there you go - we did as well as the most successful club in Europe this season. :lol:

Come on guys - keep your heads up. The league is the most important thing this season. Perhaps we've forgotten what it's like to really lose...?

agreed with everything you said, we have to keep our heads up

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Yeah guys!!!The league is ours..and so please lets stop this talk of "chokers", "bottlers" .... lets get behind our team. They need our support more than ever.

Mark

Established Member
I've forgotten what it's like to lose to Chelsea. I know they're better this season but it sure feels awful, especially at Highbury too.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
Adam - yes, if we win the league, then we can easily swallow what has happened tonight (although recriminations will remain about Henry and Pires's disgraceful "performances"). But how are we going to recover in time to beat Liverpool, Newcastle, etc? This reminds me so much of last season: we have just been knocked out of the CL, the 2nd place team in the prem is on form precisely at the same time as we are losing our form, fatigue is setting in, Henry is disinterested, we are conceding late goals. The signs are ominous.

Last season was much worse coz we just couldn't defend to save our lifes. The defense has been good but certain players in midfield haven't helped enough in defense. e.g. Pires, earlier on he was tracking back so much but now seems to think he is above that again.

Last season we were shipping goals left right and centre to average sides, only Chelsea and Man utd have stopped us from going on. They ain't exactly poor sides!

n_henry

Mark said:
I've forgotten what it's like to lose to Chelsea. I know they're better this season but it sure feels awful, especially at Highbury too.

I know...it's quite depressing :cry: They were able to beat us when it mattered most (though I'm not belittling the other times, they just seem so insignificant now :? )...

Good lesson for the boys - I just hope they don't rush off to join Roman's moneybag club in the hopes of getting CL glory. ;)

Mark

Established Member
The win over them in the FA Cup seems meaningless now, but those 2 wins in the league could prove very important for us. I would've traded defeat today for defeat in the cup though.

n_henry

Mark said:
The win over them in the FA Cup seems meaningless now, but those 2 wins in the league could prove very important for us. I would've traded defeat today for defeat in the cup though.

I would too... but I hope we make those 2 wins in the league count! Come on boys :D

KoLo28

I'm still pissed off about the result, although i'm not willing to point the finger at a single player, it was the teams fault and chelseas fault.. they played well. together together

shaffarullah

How did it go wrong? We didn't win the Premiership match against man u. Winning this match would have made the players more ready for the FA Cup semi. We didn't win that match either. Winning the FA cup semi would have made the players ready for the CL quaterfinal. Alas, we didn't win. The reason for these two defeats is simple. Bad substitutions in premiership match costed us that game. Bad starting line up in FA Cup semi costed us the game. Of course the season is long but tactical mistakes cost us two possible trophies.

Having said this, the next three EPL matches wouldn't be that easy. I can't imagine how the players must have felt to endure two painful defeats in the row. They are just human beings. But I hope they will bounce back. The sooner the better.

shaff

lee1001

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Yeah guys!!!The league is ours..and so please lets stop this talk of "chokers", "bottlers" .... lets get behind our team. They need our support more than ever.

I hate it when people say that.

Its not as if the players log on to this forum to read our comments.
Are you saying we can't comment unless its positive?
Two bad results/performances mean we are going to critisise and rightly so.

As long as we get behind them in the stadium then your comment is pointless especialy as most of us here don't even go to the games.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:

I hate it when people say that.

Its not as if the players log on to this forum to read our comments.
Are you saying we can't comment unless its positive?
Two bad results/performances mean we are going to critisise and rightly so.

As long as we get behind them in the stadium then your comment is pointless especialy as most of us here don't even go to the games.

has it occured to you that some of the fans here who unfortunately read ur stupid bashing..do actually go to the games? Are u suggesting all that sh** coming from you is not influenced by some of the bs* u read in here? I am sure you know it is..well i guess you can trace the chain. 10 of you might influence one fan who actually does go to the game. thnk about it. And I am not saying one should not criticise..but there is a DIFFERENCE btn constructive criticism and all out bashing/hating!!!!!

wiltord11

iam absouletly gutted first half we were the better side but to let a goal in so early was a massive blow i was very disapointed with the second goal i just watched it again and edu has just let bridge run straight passed him, once again its allways left to vieira to win the midfield battle i really wanted gilberto for this game edu has been looking awful the last 3 games and gilberto had a little rest so he would of been the better option, also henry and pires went missing in the second half i dont know why i know there being marked very closely but i dont feel they gave a hundred percent. I thought sol, toure , lauren , vieira , reyes , cole gave everything they had tonight. Alot of people on this site give dont rate lauren but over the two legs he has kept duff quiet and that isnt an easy task.

Its going to be really hard to win the league this year now i believe we can do it and we should do it but when we went out last year to valencia it was a massive blow and it dented are confidence big time and that showed in our performances i hope wenger rotates alot of players cause there alot of tired legs out there for the game against liverpool i would go for this team:

lehmann

lauren toure campbell cole

wiltord gilberto vieira clichy

bergkamp reyes/aliadiere

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, 1st of all I will support the boys the rest of my life. Yesterday Lehmann was poor. And Vieira too. He lost every ball he touched! Toure was superb as always and Pires couldn't direct alone the whole midfield cos he had to attack and help Ashley in defence. And he was a bit tired too. Cole, Lauren & Reyes played very well in the 1st half and Titi did what he could.
The 1st half was great, but I don't know what they do in the 2nd. We're out, but still alive in the Premiership.

A

Anonymous

I cant describe the feeling I had when I woke up this morning. Sick is not the word. I havent dared watch TV or read the paper yet - I cant stand watching it again.

One thing is for sure though and that is Wenger and all the players need to sit down and have a good long look at themselves and ask themselves what they did wrong last night.

Sammer

Established Member
When we look at both legs, Chelsea sure deserved to go through.

Although we had a superb 1st half yesterday (excluding: finishing), we were completely overrun in the 1st leg and the 2nd half yesterday.

It´s like somebody said on this forum: it´s like we are the Valencia and Leverkusen of the EPL at the moment.

But we need to bounce back now. Next Saturday is all that counts now.

n_henry said:
Mark said:

I know...it's quite depressing :cry: They were able to beat us when it mattered most (though I'm not belittling the other times, they just seem so insignificant now :? )...

Good lesson for the boys - I just hope they don't rush off to join Roman's moneybag club in the hopes of getting CL glory. ;)
I don't know if I agree that they beat us when it mattered most. If they won the two league games and the FA cup tie they'd be the ones headed for the treble... they'd be the ones with the considerable league lead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom