• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

mountcharles gooner

Arsenal v Juventus

Congrats to Arsène and the team. what a gritty display
Someone mentioned that we should have cole in instead of flamini! i think that would be a travesty and anyway you shouldnt tamper with a winning team. and anyway is ashleys heart with us any more or is it turning blue

nazo

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Eboue's post match comments:

I think it was about the 70th minute i suddenly notice my shorts felt heavy. I reached into my right pocket and noticed there was a little Czech International footballer with long blonde hair in there!! Bugger me for not noticing before, but he must have been in my pocket the whole game prior to that! I think he got sent off a few minutes later.

:lol: Oh snap.

adampembrey

Don't you just hate 0-0 draws? Boring.

Only joking, terrific stuff again from the lads, Juve could barely get a sniff and when they did Jens 'Safe Hands' Lehmann was there to stop it.

Bring on AstonVillaRealMadrid

kel varnsen

Established Member
Legend#1 said:

I think it was about the 70th minute i suddenly notice my shorts felt heavy. I reached into my right pocket and noticed there was a little Czech International footballer with long blonde hair in there!! Bugger me for not noticing before, but he must have been in my pocket the whole game prior to that! I think he got sent off a few minutes later.

eboue is brilliant, but what was the deal with that elbow in the first half? nearly hit nedved.

nikelo11

yes we won but have u realised how many one-on-ones we missed today... im gettin quite nervous that these missed chances may make us pay in the semi or in the finals if we get there... imagine us playing barca in the final and us missing chances like we did today...

i've noticed we create SO MANY chances but we dont convert many of them...

Ricky_AFC

kel varnsen said:
Legend#1 said:

eboue is brilliant, but what was the deal with that elbow in the first half? nearly hit nedved.

Was very silly, nedved the scumbag would have made such a meal of it and got him sent off. Could have cost us dear, it was the only sign of immaturity from Manu though.

Legend#1

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Legend#1 said:

Yep, lucky, very petulant, he got elbowed beforehand, but he didn't have to rise to it.

Lukazan

Established Member
I have noticed Eboue to be quite petulant in general, which is always a shame especially considering what a wonderful player he is.

nazo

Established Member
54489.jpg

What's up with Toure? :lol:

Kenyonhater

mariaines said:
All i can say (since this is an Arsenal forum) is that our main objective (not said to the world but still) was the revenge against chelsea. Having consumed that, the team relaxed a little bit in Lisboa and showed up to qualify today. It's not coincidence either that our best men against chelsea (Marquez, Edmilson and Messi) have not been available for 2 weeks.
Barça knows that Milan and the future (if there's any) rival in the final should have the same treatment than chelsea.
The lessons have been learnt. The things we've done against benfica should not be repeated. Barça knows Milan won't waste the opportunities benfica had today.
At least i hope so. Or i'll die from a heart attack :?

Good luck against Milan. I'd love an Arse-Barca final. What do you think of Villareal?How should we play them? What weaknesses do they have?

quattro

8 straight clean sheets en route to the semi finals. ok so we weren't at our scintillating attacking best tonight but you just got to admire the whole team defensive performance. very composed and very mature. this is the way to succeed in europe.

Kenyonhater

Amazing stuff. To beat the record with three of our first-choice four defenders out, plus back-ups Cygan and Clichy - phenomenal! My chest is bursting with pride for these young players. I love their spirit. Villareal are dangerous like Valencia but we can do it. Reyes will be on fire in the second leg. Believe!

Smartly Dressed Morris

Great performance by the boys , shame we didnt score a couple. Oh and before i forget .....

What was Thuram going on about - 'they will face a storm' - it wasn't even a light shower.

biglunn

LOL at the muppets on a JUVENTUS forum!

Juve vs Villareal 1st leg :lol:

Bloody fantastic to get through to the semi of the CL! Listening to Talksport after the game, it was great to hear non-Arsenal fans backing Arsenal in the competition. Really funny to hear a lot of non Arsenal fans slating Chelsea and suggesting that they learn from Arsenal how to play football!!!!

VERY difficult games against Villareal - dont underestimate them. Personally, I would have preferred Inter, but Villareal it is. The way the boys are playing, the sky is the limit.

So... COME ON THE ARSE!

kel varnsen

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
I have noticed Eboue to be quite petulant in general, which is always a shame especially considering what a wonderful player he is.

yeah, but for now, i'l write it off as immaturity. hopefully he'll grow out of it...

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Had a good feeling before the match, but didn't expect the match would be this 'easy'. Juve hardly managed to create anything dangerous. Respect for our boys, we play Juve in the Champions League quarter final away in Dell'Alpi and the last 15 minutes of the match I didn't need any Valium at all...

Bring on those yellow b*st*rds!

dublingunner

Established Member
Well done Arsenal. Not our greatest European performance this season, but it didn't need to be. Juve were sh*te.

Can't believe we have such a great chance to get to the final.

:shock: :? :) :D 8)

Top Bottom