• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

Octavio - gunner

One of our worst games in offense and probably our best defending. I think it was in part because the players wanted so much to get through that they were afraid of going forward and leaving space behind. Not the greatest performance for Cesc, though he did place 2-3 great passes not capitalised. Henry I think got desperated of the midifield not running forward and went back too much to grab the ball. I don't want to take the credit away to the team, just think this are things we should learn from if we want to win the cup. Despite, if Buffon wasn't a good GK we could've scored 2 or 3 goals. In conclusion we did what we had to do, nothing less nothing more.
I hope I'm wrong but I think I saw Fabregas and Henry a bit tired at the end of the game, and we're facing a lot of games this month. I don't think AW should leave them in the bench for Manure but I wanna see Diaby, Ade, Persie, Reyes(just because he wont play Villarreal first leg) assuming more responsabilities to give the rest a little break.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
gunnertilldeath said:
a total ****ish united fan just called 606 talking about how they won the CL with homegrown players. what a ******. they always have to make everything about themselves. i wonder what us beating juve today has to do with their ancient champions' league win. f****g *****.
What can you expect from the manure, tosser.

jamie_00000

............. It's a pity they don't have home grown fans to go with their home grown players such as Ole Gunnar Solskaer, Peter Schmeichel, Ronny Johnsen, Jaap Stam, Jesper Blomqvist and Van Der Gouw who played in the poxy win over Bayern......

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Wow, we are through to the semi's. I never expected this will ever happen but now it has. Who thought that one day we will dethrone the giants of Europe like the Mighty Real Madrid and Juventus. Really feeling proud now, good job Arsenal!

cubbz_th14

if we play football like the way we are paris is there ... so close ... two more games against villareal ...its goin to be hard but all we need to do it play like we are at the moment ...

phonics

jamie_00000 said:
............. It's a pity they don't have home grown fans to go with their home grown players such as Ole Gunnar Solskaer, Peter Schmeichel, Ronny Johnsen, Jaap Stam, Jesper Blomqvist and Van Der Gouw who played in the poxy win over Bayern......

2 goalkeepers? Bloody hell that one passed me by.

Army of Me

Established Member
Octavio - gunner said:
One of our worst games in offense and probably our best defending. I think it was in part because the players wanted so much to get through that they were afraid of going forward and leaving space behind. Not the greatest performance for Cesc, though he did place 2-3 great passes not capitalised. Henry I think got desperated of the midifield not running forward and went back too much to grab the ball. I don't want to take the credit away to the team, just think this are things we should learn from if we want to win the cup. Despite, if Buffon wasn't a good GK we could've scored 2 or 3 goals. In conclusion we did what we had to do, nothing less nothing more.
I hope I'm wrong but I think I saw Fabregas and Henry a bit tired at the end of the game, and we're facing a lot of games this month. I don't think AW should leave them in the bench for Manure but I wanna see Diaby, Ade, Persie, Reyes(just because he wont play Villarreal first leg) assuming more responsabilities to give the rest a little break.
?

sabret00the

Established Member
they're being ****s on talksport but with great points.

i.e. we could've gone there and played and won, so what the **** were we doing?

Army of Me

Established Member
sabret00the said:
they're being c**nts on talksport but with great points.

i.e. we could've gone there and played and won, so what the f**k were we doing?
they're talking rubbish. we were poor because we didnt score? i think the fact buffon was probably the most focussed player on the planet last night seemed to have passed them by.

why oh why am i listening to this toss?!

sabret00the

Established Member
pha2er said:
sabret00the said:

they're talking rubbish. we were poor because we didnt score? i think the fact buffon was probably the most focussed player on the planet last night seemed to have passed them by.

see i actually agree with the guy, if we played positively we could've won it three or four nil but instead we sat back and soaked up the pressure, there was no need for it.

it's just like all this rating players (in particular hleb, reyes, ljungberg and gilberto) anything over a six, i have to wonder what planet people were on last night, they were dire.

but as i said, i agree with him that we didn't have to sit back, more his points than his argument i know.

Gurgen

Established Member
We didn't have to sit back? We were 2-0 up remember?

I'd rather we save some energy. Juve were never going to score, and in case you haven't noticed we've got an absolutely insane fixture list coming up.

Some people will never be happy.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
We didn't have to sit back? We were 2-0 up remember?

I'd rather we save some energy. Juve were never going to score, and in case you haven't noticed we've got an absolutely insane fixture list coming up.

Some people will never be happy.
i've said that in another thread, i think we totally played with one eye on manure, but you take this game outta the overall picture of our fixture list and it would've been nice to destroy them.

IBL

Established Member
Sammer said:
The dirty, girly haired, Patrick-Swayze looking cu*t :D
:lol: Exactly, cant ever watch Nedved without thinking he's a long-haired surfing bank robber!

Actually on TalkSport, Ray Houghton is ripping into us for not putting on a performance last night, the ginger pirck Durham is actually standing up for us :shock:

kel varnsen

Established Member
sabret00the said:

not taking any chances, but listening to wenger's post match comments, it wasn't what he wanted. i think the players got a bit too catious and afraid to play their own game. not really wenger's fault imo...

famous no 10

Established Member
sabret00the said:
pha2er said:
sabret00the said:

see i actually agree with the guy, if we played positively we could've won it three or four nil but instead we sat back and soaked up the pressure, there was no need for it.

it's just like all this rating players (in particular hleb, reyes, ljungberg and gilberto) anything over a six, i have to wonder what planet people were on last night, they were dire.

but as i said, i agree with him that we didn't have to sit back, more his points than his argument i know.

Rubbish. We were tactically astute last night, we had a game plan of closing off the midfield, not conceding early, and countering when we could.

We did all of those to effect, buffon was on his game, otherwise we probably would have won by two or more goals...we didn't need to attack anymore than we did, and to throw players forward needlessly could have been **** for us.

It worked, we're in the semi's...I guess we must have got it right, so what's the problem?

cubbz_th14

just browsing through the juve website ..funny to note that there is hardly any coverage of last nights game ..just one article ..
http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail. ... 00&ID=7584

its a good idea to keep your mouth shut if you cant follow that up with actions esp. the after the stuff their manager and captain were on about... i cant hide my joy at nedved's sending off i loved it.. l

"we are the juve" :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
of all the Capello slamming they are doing on that site, they have targetted one specific Arsenal player more than any other for praise... Eboue.. they just could not believe what a great player he is...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
as for the performance last night, it's what is known as a "Professional Match"... which is what famous no10 said.. we defended when we were supposed to, we got forward occasionally and created a few chances, Buffon had a couple good saves, and we advanced...

i think people's view of the match is a tad skewed based on our recent performances.. this was not the worst offensive match we have played this year.. not by a long shot... take a look at some our performances against West Ham, Bolton, etc.. THOSE were bad performances.. not to mention we were playing IN Turin against the runaway Serie A leaders...

i think we did what we had to do.. it's all we can ask for.. we didnt need to go forawrd without abandon, we had the edge.. we had to make sure they couldnt do anything, and we did that to perfect aplomb..

jester

Established Member
USArsenal said:
of all the Capello slamming they are doing on that site, they have targetted one specific Arsenal player more than any other for praise... Eboue.. they just could not believe what a great player he is...

its a shame the link with beveren ended, we've got two gems from there. and to think when he was on trial at the start i thought he was average and that ne was better

Top Bottom