• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
everyone did mate.. but that was also partially because we needed a CM more than a RB at the time.. but interesting that Eboue turned out to be absolutely fantastic..

jester

Established Member
USArsenal said:
everyone did mate.. but that was also partially because we needed a CM more than a RB at the time.. but interesting that Eboue turned out to be absolutely fantastic..

obviously Arsène sees something we dont every time! cant argue with his eye for talent

cubbz_th14

ha haaa i do sense real hate for capello on that forum ...this is a classic one .. "we need a new team, a new coach, a new stadium, apart from that we are fine" :p

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
woah woah woah, when i first saw him, i instantly said, he's better than lauren.

sabret00the

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
sabret00the said:
they're being c**nts on talksport but with great points.

i.e. we could've gone there and played and won, so what the f**k were we doing?

not taking any chances, but listening to wenger's post match comments, it wasn't what he wanted. i think the players got a bit too catious and afraid to play their own game. not really wenger's fault imo...
you're probably right.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
sabret00the said:
USArsenal said:
woah woah woah, when i first saw him, i instantly said, he's better than lauren.

mm hmm...

jester

Established Member
sabret00the said:
USArsenal said:

lol, your talents are endless :D

nazo

Established Member
410011_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Mad Jens and his yoga :lol:

James

Established Member
Sabre you do half talk some **** mate.

famous no 10 is spot on with his reply.

We're through to the semis, what on earth is the problem?

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
we just made history and heny comes out sayiing it aint enough. great attitude for your captain to have.

No patrick he is right here. IF he came out saying it was great blah blah then it would send out the wrong message to our fans and to our players. The job is not done yet, teams that get to the semi finals are not remembered. Teams that get to final aren't remembered either, unless you win it then anything else doesn't matter. Barca have been to the semis something like 13 or 14 times and won the competition once. If we get knocked out now I bet in 5 years time you will barely remember this run. It is great for this club to get here but now we have to keep it going

We have to make sure our young players don't let this run get to their head, we went into the Juve and R.Madrid game as underdogs and it helped them get their head down and work. Now we are favourites and this is usually when complacency creeps into our game, we have to do EVERYTHING we can to make sure this doesn't happen. It starts at Wenger with his formation and tactics. Our usual 4-4-2 and go out play tactics got us nowhere but the 4-5-1 has been great for our lot. Gilberto has support and Fabregas is no longer shackled down. We have to keep this going as changing our approach now could result in disaster.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i agree. we have to recognize the importance of our tactical change in recent games. we had it easy in the group stages and raped teams with the 4-4-2. the better teams are finding it extremely difficult with out 4-5-1 and having thierry henry leading the line and the wingers waiting to join him on the break force them not to get too adventurous in their approach. this keeps the pressure on the defence minimal. 4-5-1 is like having your cake and eating it, really. the wide players just have to be willing to run, joining the lone forward when we have the ball and tracking back to help the full back when we have to defend. it also provides a solid 3 man bareer in front of the defence at all times. its worked to perfection in europe this season. another interesting thing about our recent euro run is that ever goal we have scored in the knock-out rounds has been on the break (albeit at madrid, their defenders had tracked back pretty well but were unable to stop the king's brilliance). we just have to stay humble and hungry. just getting to the semis is not enough and i'm glad the lads seem to recognize this.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Could have put on a performance, could have gone out and attacked and won 3-0, we could also have gone out and attacked and lost 3-0.

As it is, we put in a very solid defensive performance- which our attacking performance in the first leg allowed us to do- and reduced Juve to rubble, thereby allowing us to make some Arsenal history.

Put it this way, I don't think the travelling Gooners were bothered, I know the guys I watched the game with in the Pins weren't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom