• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

chucks20

The good news is that everybody will be fit apart form Ashley, Clichy and Lauren. That's if we don't pick up more injuries.

BannedKwame

James said:
BannedKwame said:
Quite frankly, I have no f****g idea where the extreme confidence is coming from!! We scored 1 goal against the worst defensive team left in the CL. We are playing against the most efficient team in the CL, and we are putting Senderos against Ibrahimovich and Del Piero.

Let's not get too foolish over the win over Madrid; this will be a tough tie.
What are you going on about?

I don't think anyone has said this is going to be easy.
Read the first page

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think we'v done great to get this far considering how poor our squad is. anything from this stage on is a bonus. the annoying thing is the semi final draw looks good.

the only advantage we have over juve is younger legs, although its a matter of opinion if that is actually an advantage. i also think we have more pace in the side but juve are great at nullfying that. they love to play on the counter too. i think scoring early on in the first game is important like liverpool did

sabret00the

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
Quite frankly, I have no f****g idea where the extreme confidence is coming from!! We scored 1 goal against the worst defensive team left in the CL. We are playing against the most efficient team in the CL, and we are putting Senderos against Ibrahimovich and Del Piero.

Let's not get too foolish over the win over Madrid; this will be a tough tie.
Senderos is coming back to his best and is still my preference over Campbell.

kanooo

Why can't we dream that we can beat them.

If history repeats itself, we should beat them. We've beaten them 3:1 at Highbury a few seasons back although we lost 0:1 away.

True. Juve are doing well in Serie A and they are not the same team since then but ... why not? Why can't we dream that we can beat them again?

Besides, I hate Italian Football.

We've done relatively well against the Italians also. Inter, Roma, Lazio & Juve.... we've beaten them all before.

So why should we lie down and die just because they're at the top of Serie A?

IMO, Milan are far more dangerous than Juve...

vinny_60

patrick vieira is NOT suspended and is going to play against arsenal at highbury. i think arsenal will win this tie as long as we do what liverpool did against them. juventus has not looked great this season in the champions league. their defence is beatable if we go at them. we cannot sit back and let them dictate the tempo. we can certainly beat them for pace in terms of midfield and attack down the flanks because there full backs attack a lot. i can really see us beating them as long as we dont panick or give vieira too much respect. fans at the game should not cheer for vieira nor boo him..i hope..dream tie in my opinion..

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
juve's a good side, nobody can deny that.

the only thing why i wanted us so badly to play juve apart from winning in both legs is because i want to see the battle between cesc and vieira.

an arsenal legend in the making vs an arsenal legend.

classic.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think there's good reason for optimism. Why not, better to have that than a defeatist attitude and be beaten before we even go on the pitch. If the team are gonna come through this one, they'll need complete belief and so will the fans.

No one gave us a chance against Real and no one will give us a chance against Juventus which is all the better for us

Original_AAA

Juventus is one of the favourites too win the entire tournament. That would again make us the underdogs, which suited us nicely against Real Madrid. However Juve has a slow defence which would suit Henry and also Walcott well.

If we beat Juve, then the three teams we will face in a semifinal would suit us well.

Oh and welcome back Viera! May this be your worst result at Highbury ever :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
did we knock juve out in 2002?

They knocked us out IIRC, but it was complicated, we could have beaten them and not gone through. As it was they beat us 1-0 and that was us for that competition

champions04

Don't think Vieira is suspended. Sky sports would have definately mentioned if he was. The only player they said would miss the first leg was Nedved, so it looks like Vieira will be returning to Highbury.

David Pleat said that it isn't the best draw but it isn't the worst and I agree with him.

Reyes(9)

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein is relishing the return of Juventus midfielder Vieira at Highbury.

He said: "It couldn't be more glamorous than that. Real Madrid was special and this will be enormously interesting.

"Patrick was at the club for nine years and won lots of trophies. I am sure he will get a very warm reception.

"I know Juventus are running away with their domestic league, but our boys will be up for it, don't worry. There is a lot of confidence in our team."

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot ... 790144.stm

Liberace

we avoided the in-form teams Barcelona, Lyon, Milan.

I saw the Juve - Werder match, and believe me Juve can be beaten and they are certainly weaker than lyon and Barcelona.

good draw!

joetsang

either we are or we are not good enough to win the cl.

if we are not good enough, what's the point of advancing one more round by beating a "weaker" team, just to be eliminated in the semi-final?

i have no problem whatsoever with playing juve now! let's face the tough test!

Top Bottom