• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Juventus/Juv. vs AFC | 28/03/06 & 05/04/06

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
heh.. quoted from the Juve forum:

"Emerson is not a liability, he is good at what he does, we need to get rid of Vieira and play a younger, faster and more creative midfield alongside Emerson that's all.

hehehehe

Hello Gooners

Well well well - Into the semi finals of the European Cup eh?

Hope you are all suitably excited by the experience - and I wish you the best of luck.

As my user name suggests - I am not an Arsenal fan myself though like most people - I recognise and acknowledge the excellent stuff you have been playing over the last couple of years.

Lots of parallels between your run and ours from last season. Poor domestically, dominant in Europe - success in a period of transition...

Villareal are a decent outfit though, and it's gonna be tough out at their place, but you have to fancy your chances of making the final - how you will fare against Milan or Barca is a different matter perhaps...

Still the talent is there - we certainly didn't have the best players in Europe last season - just the best 'team'.

Either way, I booked my flights and hotel to Paris long before we were knocked out by Benfica - so if you do make it to Paris, and you see a miserable looking Scouser with a distant look in his eye dreaming of Istanbul as he strolls down the Champs Elysee - dont mock, just buy him a beer. 8)

Good Luck you lot.

King Kenny Dalglish

JazzG

Established Member
A great great day for this club, we have waited too long for this final and another great European performance. We should of scored at least 2 goals and won the match but **** it eh! A lot of hardwork in our performance and I'm so proud of our players as after a rough season even if we go out I'll remember this run for a long time, our players had to hang their heads in shame at times they were so pathetic and spineless but right now we can once again be proud of our team. We will never stop supporting them and they have repaid our faith in that side. Who still wants Wenger sacked? ;)

The Villareal match is a real banana skin for us, we have gone in as the underdogs and that has helped us focus but now we are favourites, I got a bad bad feeling about that match as I think our players will take it easy and this might be our downfall. Looking at how other gooners see this match worries me as well as I feel our players might get drawn into this comfort zone and end up shooting themselves in the foot. I would of taken Inter instead of them, I really have a bad feeling about that match.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Canadian Gooner said:
I don't remember this happening at all :shock:

I believe this was towards the end of the match. I remember the referee running over thinking the player was hit in the head, which he clearly wasn't...............

He was roundhouse kicked!

flaunt

kanooo said:
I still haven't seen the replay yet but this picture from the match makes me laugh ..

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source ... 1541&cdi=0

Henry: John Travolta taught me this move.

A final note from me about this game (which is now done and dusted).

Wenger said Vieira was holding back other young players, players like Cesc and all that.

Now that I think about it, Wenger could also have meant our back four. Arsenal in recent years haven't had to learn to defend well as a unit because of the over reliance on Paddy breaking up everything in midfield with Gilberto.

But last night, after we frustrated Juventus with (what? 15 offsides?) I think the real development of our defense has come because they realize they've got to start playing stronger and better because Gilberto isn't going to be able to cover them by himself all the time.

I guess Paddy Vieira was a security blanket that we got used to and had to give up.

Muppy

Eboue's post match comments:

"I think it was about the 70th minute i suddenly notice my shorts felt heavy. I reached into my right pocket and noticed there was a little Czech International footballer with long blonde hair in there!! Bugger me for not noticing before, but he must have been in my pocket the whole game prior to that! I think he got sent off a few minutes later."

AND this is what some Juventus fans said on their forum:

"Plus playing against the best RB in Europe at the moment, doesn't help...I bet Nedved haven't faced someone like Eboue for a long long time."

"Yeah, Eboue's a frightening prospect isn't he, arsenal have got atheletes all over the field though."

"U know someone is doing something good against you when u just cant stop cursing him!"

Eboue is Cafu Mach 2, only way better at defending and is quicker.

huyha123

Legend#1 said:
Is it any coincedence that since Keown has come to coach our defence, we have slowly been getting better and better.. Our offside trap was the old guard esque.

this is exactly what i think.

mood

USArsenal said:
heh.. quoted from the Juve forum:

"Emerson is not a liability, he is good at what he does, we need to get rid of Vieira and play a younger, faster and more creative midfield alongside Emerson that's all.

hehehehe

Juve fans .. nothing is good for them. Their on the top of the Serie-A and a couple of pts clear also and their still unhappy and whining. Still complaining that Capello should be gotten rid of. I mean, how can you say such stuff about a great manager like Capello? He's won them the Serie-A and he's going to win them another. Apart from that, they criticise most of their players when their in **** form... except for Del Piero, even if he's in the worst form ever, they've got some fetish for him. The guy has mostly been a sub these days and is passed it. Zlatan one minute is praised as one of their bests and now their saying he should be gotten rid of. Same with Vieira now that his performances have dropped.

mood

berclo said:
A deep and sincere THANK YOU from all the football fans of

TORINO FC

TORINO HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL REMAIN GRANATA
(Same colour as yours).

Check out how much we hate Ju***tus (crap) in our forum
http://www.toronews.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135453

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
:) :lol: :D

I took a look at that forum. ****ing hell... you guys are probably just as happy as we are. Some of your forum members have Henry's picture on it , the Arsenal logo itself or Arsenal celebrating hahaha.

Your most welcome. :p

Abbonamento a Sky: € 39, Arsenal-Gobbi: € 8, Le MERDE fuori dalla Champions: NON HA PREZZO!

raphael_as

I took a look at that forum. f****g hell... you guys are probably just as happy as we are. Some of your forum members have Henry's picture on it , the Arsenal logo itself or Arsenal celebrating hahaha.
All you have to imagine is how happy we are whenever the **** get beat - I remember more then a few congratulatory notes to the toon last week :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom