• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Sparta Prague | 29/08/07

YourFriendPaul

RocktheCasbah said:
YourFriendPaul said:
Ha! I had a feeling about today... Good man Eduardo!

...BTW, what's with the empty seats!? Mofo's who bailed early missed him get his first.

Good game, good sportsmanship. Ah.. Time to go home!

My mate Ben was at the game and said that there were about 12 Sparta fans there. And people started leaving with 15 minutes left.

I'm starting to think it was the ITV4 viewers who got the best entertainment last night, Tony Adams' match "analysis" was hilarious.

Seriously though, I hope he's not back on the sauce. He certainly looked and sounded like he might have been.

Yeah, for real- I know my view could have been deceptive from TV camera coverage, but every time they would pan the stands, I saw huge empty spaces (and that was around 70 min mark!). -Thing I just don't get is: people justify leaving early when we're up, because we've 'got it in the bag'- yet, those same people will leave early when we're down, because it's 'all over'... WTF? In my view, if the chips are down, well- you'd better stay right there and cheer the them on- and if we're up? Enjoy it!! Christ.. just watch it from the comfort of your armchair if the congestion is that hard to deal with.

...Didn't catch the Adams post-match, let's just hope it was the effects of jet lag, and some cough syrup or something (...yeah probably not so much).

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
walcott would be a great player for us. balls that other people couldn't reach, he can and provide good crosses into the box.

he dribbles at defenders and takes the ball past them easily. isnt that what we always wanted? he is fast, effective at times and is a great player to have.

end of argument.

Viper

Established Member
Alfonso said:
I thought that was Walcott's best game for Arsenal in 2007. I liked the way he showed aggression as well.
I agree. He was actually dribbling with pace and beating his man, which looked like a rarity for my eyes.

But most of his crosses (especially those to the far post) were very poor, and utterly annoying. He effectively wasted potential opportunities at times.

No.8_Wright

I have to take back everything I said about Theo today, the guy is a genius and should start every game for the Gunners...

My girlfriend got me a card from him for my birthday, signed and everything! Legend!

Now people slagging off the players dismissing them at the training ground can see this and see how considerate the players are of their fans!

Lancelot

Established Member
No.8_Wright said:
I have to take back everything I said about Theo today, the guy is a genius and should start every game for the Gunners...

My girlfriend got me a card from him for my birthday, signed and everything! Legend!

Now people slagging off the players dismissing them at the training ground can see this and see how considerate the players are of their fans!
So... the lad does have the magic touch, eh? ;)

Happy Birthday to you too, No.8_Wright. Sorry for the delay though. :D

Cheers.

stiiphunn

Established Member
illmatik said:
Stilphun, whether you like it or not, Theo is going to remain in the first team for a while so you can stop your *****ing, instead you should learn how to give him some time, he has the talents, he just needs to use it, kind of like Hleb last year

Well then, we agree. I said I thought Walcott was a good squad player. Everything's fine.

asajoseph

Established Member
Also, did anyone else notice that Senderos started making enormous runs from the back in the second half? Theo actually picked him out with a cross, on one occasion, IIRC.

Also, until late in the second half, when it got a bit sloppy, Phil's distribution was actually excellent, and far more intelligent than Kolo's hoofing of the ball - he played solid, simple passes to feet for the fullbacks, and switched play round the back fairly well. Andrea Pirlo he isn't, but I much prefer the way he uses the ball to Kolo.

stiiphunn

Established Member
That's true. Senderos had a good game yesterday. He did make one mistake but who doesn't?
He was solid and quite reassuring. And I loved his 50 yards run that came from nowhere! Way to go Phil!

spartan239

stiiphunn said:
That's true. Senderos had a good game yesterday. He did make one mistake but who doesn't?
He was solid and quite reassuring. And I loved his 50 yards run that came from nowhere! Way to go Phil!

He did that twice was kinda shocked the first time, don't think ive ever seen him that end of the pitch in open play.

Anzac

Established Member
who else thinks that Wenger is looking to groom Wallcott into the same style as RVP?????????

I say this because although Theo is primarily starting from wide, IMO he's better in the attack - so perhaps Wenger sees him as an AM / FC like RVP has been up until now........

banduan

Established Member
Nah Anzac I think LeBoss is trying to turn Walcott into the next Titi. That was pretty much what he implied when he first fielded Walcott as a winger.

Don't think it'll work to that effect but it's a good strategy regardless.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
My big worry on Walcott remains the same, that he is going to allow the pressure to eat at him because he's been thrown into a pressure situation. If Arsenal had an out and out winger on the right,, or even if Hleb dominates for 3 months and the pressure to start big games doesn't fall on Walcott, he'll be fine. But if he feels like he needs to help carry the club at his age, with his lack of big game experience, he's going to be overthinking everything and it could stunt his growth.

We've seen flashes of the ability, it's no shame to not be a finished product at age 18, but he's going to no doubt feel pressure if he's regularly starting big games on the right side.

Anzac

Established Member
banduan said:
Nah Anzac I think LeBoss is trying to turn Walcott into the next Titi. That was pretty much what he implied when he first fielded Walcott as a winger.

Don't think it'll work to that effect but it's a good strategy regardless.

That would be the ultimate aim - what I am trying to say is that Wenger likes his strikers to be able to run with the ball & run at the defence & yet still cross / pass when out wide as opposed to being pushed wide & run out of options that a 'traditional' striker might when closed down by the defence. Titi, RVP & Ade can, Dudu looks to have the same ability.

I think LeBoss uses the AM position as a learning one for his young strikers, as he did with RVP & Reyes, before he looks to use them in the more forward striking roles.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom