• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal - 16.03.2016, BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Coman has won a league title in every season of his professional career - at PSG, Juve and Bayern. He's exactly the kind of player Wenger would've signed under the radar in the past before he became obsessed with this British core.

On a side note - with Greizmann, Benzema, Martial, Coman, Matuidi, Pogba, Kanté etc France on home soil have to be strong faves for the Euros.

Don't forget Giroud!

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Can't agree. I actually think Mourinho is a terrible motivator. In the long term at least. He's too egotistical. He has only ever won trophies with players who are serial winners already. Pains me to say it but it's clearly Fergie who was able to get the best out of average squad players. Pochettino and Simeone are the closest I've seen.

As for Wenger, he is guilty of two things: i) failing to raise the bar for limited players like Giroud, Walcott etc and ii) reacting too slowly to burnout /fatigue leading to injuries.
Serial winners? What has Drogba won before joining Chelsea? What has Cech won before Chelsea? Lampard won Intertoto cup with West Ham, and Terry won FA cup but the rest of his core apart from Carvalho won either nothing or Mickey mouse trophies. Arsène has consistently failed to get the best out of his players over the years including his best team in Invincibles. We've never managed to defend our title and we've got knocked out of the champs league by minnows year in year out including Chelsea at Highbury. Yes it's Arsène's fault that his teams have always underperformed both individually and collectively.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I really don't see how anyone can be happy. Juventus fans can be happy and actually disappointed at the same time. Came from two down in the first leg which kept them in it and were 60 seconds from going through only to concede late on.

We lost two nil in the first leg and three one in the second. Bar a few nerves they were never not in control of the game and we were never in it.

indy23

Of course he did. He's tried to get every great player signed in the past 12 years, according to him, and failed miserably. :lol:

You might think that compliments him as a manager, most wouldn't.

His messi story is the best, i look up the quote and laugh or the Ibra story. Hahaha the wenger lovers don't get it. Money talks and wenger no wanna spend lots money okays?

CJJ

Established Member
This game was so wierd to me. I went in expecting nothing. Even when we scored i didn't even flinch, because i didnt believe in it anyway. After we lost the first leg so convincingly i thought "no chance" and actually stuck with it.

And today i've already "forgot" about it. Now i'm looking forward to the game i actually think matters, which is the one against Everton. That on the other hand i'm fully invested in, which i have a feeling might bite me in the ass.

natural

Established Member
We did good, we created many chances but as usual the end product was defected, how many times have we said that already?

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Ferdinand can't sit on the high horse given he was one of the main instigators to lead the disdain and downing tools under Moyes.

Scholes, however much a simpleton he is on tv, had 20 years of greatness and got out at the right time. There's no grey mark on his record.

McManaman is fair towards Arsenal and doesn't hold grudges/agendas. I get frustrated at Wrighty more to do with how he'll criticise the manager/culture of the club but when asked a yes/no question he refuses to commit either way.
Opposing a manager that's dragging your club under is hardly a slight on his record, quite the opposite. Wish some of our players had balls.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Still can't believe how we took the game to Barcelona and created that many chances. Recalling the days where we visited Nou Camp and struggled to even string 2 passes together. Iwobi and Elneny was fantastic technically, matched up to all the Barca players and didn't look fazed at all. I thought Coq played well too when he came on.

During the match I was frustrated by Gabriel and Koscielny's sloppiness on the ball but upon rewatching I must admit Gabriel defended very well most of the time, even on 1v1s. Frustrating that he is such a raw diamond, but there are a lot of potential to work on there.

David Smith

Established Member
Barcelona are too good. They're winning it no doubt.

Our performance over both games wasn't bad but we could have done better too. Nevertheless, we have other things to look forward to. The premier league is ours for the taking.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We really didn't take the game to Barcelona, they toyed with us. That is basically how they play against lesser team in the league. We lost 5-1 over two legs, bottling massive chances that could of swung the game and people are trying to take positives? :lol: And fans moan at Wenger’s mentality.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Barcelona are too good. They're winning it no doubt.

Our performance over both games wasn't bad but we could have done better too. Nevertheless, we have other things to look forward to. The premier league is ours for the taking.

Honestly after last night not sure they are . Think someone like PSG might put a couple past them .

kopzilla

Always Negative
Just finished reading through the thread...our performance was predictable but really gutted about Juve not making it through.

Real,Barca, Bayern ,PSG, Man City, Benfica , Atletico and Wolfsburg to fight it out...some grat games coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom