• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Emirates

Bergy_1995 said:
He's not coming to the WC but he's good enough to ref the CL Final? Righto.

yea, FIFA felt bad about that, so they said 'ok, sorry for rejecting you for the Worlds biggest tournment, you can refree the Champions League final instead'.

Now we know why he wasnt chosen for the World Cup. He will be prob seen wearing a Brazil shirt the day before the finals.ffs

Iniesta

Feanor said:
Hey Guys, we lost. Get over it. By the rules, the decision to send Jens off was correct. 10 vs. 11 we played very well and had chances. By *****ing and moaning about being cheated, we sound like *****-yo and Chelski. Barca beat us, we lost. It hurts like hell but we had one hell of a run during our tranisition season, our team is hungry, our fans hungry (hungry not angry) so let's talk about the summer moves and next season. If anyone other than Arseanl had to win the CL, I can't think of a better team than Barca. Stop the *****ing, stop the bitterness, it's time to move on. BTW Iniesta, thanks for your comments, you've been very civil and courteous. I think it's time to lock this thread and move on.
thanks a lot. This must be one of the only forums from the opposition camp where people appriciate what i write, although you all know i'm a barca fan.
Thanks!

MC Emirates

Iniesta said:
Feanor said:
Hey Guys, we lost. Get over it. By the rules, the decision to send Jens off was correct. 10 vs. 11 we played very well and had chances. By *****ing and moaning about being cheated, we sound like *****-yo and Chelski. Barca beat us, we lost. It hurts like hell but we had one hell of a run during our tranisition season, our team is hungry, our fans hungry (hungry not angry) so let's talk about the summer moves and next season. If anyone other than Arseanl had to win the CL, I can't think of a better team than Barca. Stop the *****ing, stop the bitterness, it's time to move on. BTW Iniesta, thanks for your comments, you've been very civil and courteous. I think it's time to lock this thread and move on.
thanks a lot. This must be one of the only forums from the opposition camp where people appriciate what i write, although you all know i'm a barca fan.
Thanks!

just remember, we will get revenge next season. And if you dont get beaten by us next season in the Champions League, you will be beaten by someone else who you have screwed(i.e chelsea, AC Milan). Its easy winning the title the first time around, but a lot harder defending it. I think next season will be Rijkards biggest test. watch this space.

Bergy_1995

Look, we're not *****ing for the sake of *****ing. We are a very respectable bunch of fans on here and ain't gonna moan simply because we lost. I genuinely feel that the ref was NOT up to the standard required for a CL Final. He made some horrendous decisions and had a different refereee been in charge, we'd have had a different scoreline altogether. FACT. Whether that would mean an Arsenal win or a Barca win I dunno, but decisions decide matches, and that Ref made plenty of bad ones which changed the game. FACT.

Feanor

Established Member
Bergy_1995 said:
Look, we're not *****ing for the sake of *****ing. We are a very respectable bunch of fans on here and ain't gonna moan simply because we lost. I genuinely feel that the ref was NOT up to the standard required for a CL Final. He made some horrendous decisions and had a different refereee been in charge, we'd have had a different scoreline altogether. FACT. Whether that would mean an Arsenal win or a Barca win I dunno, but decisions decide matches, and that Ref made plenty of bad ones which changed the game. FACT.

Yes the ref made some bad decisions (both ways) but he didn't miss 2 golden chances, he didn't take our playmaker off with 15 mins left and a 1 goal lead...we had our chances, we didn't take them and they did. It would have been a different game 11 vs. 11 but it would also been different with a 1-0 Arsenal within 2 minutes. Everyone makes mistakes and I don't think the Ref's mistakes were bigger than anyone else's mistakes.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
We're on our way
We're on our way
We're going to Athens
We're on our way
How we'll get there? We don't know!
How we'll get there? We don't care!
All we know is we are on our way....

Goodnight Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.