• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky_AFC

Gunnergregharrison said:
I have a prediction this will be the longest thread ever!

What a game this will be whoever we play.

Its been a long road for some of the players. and it will mean alot to some individuals.

Would be:

A great way to end Bergkamps career

A remarkable achievement for the captain who has been criticsed so much

An amazing turn of events for sol who has had many critics on the forums including me.

Well done on getting there boys

We have a long way to go to if we are going to get anywhere near the Baptista thread :lol:

fatalfury

I will take heart from the fact that the last 2 EPL teams to make it to the final have also won it. Often with AMAZING comebacks. ManUre over Bayern and that stunning thriller last year with Liverpool.

Maybe we'll win 6-5 or something :wink:

ACM 1899

You keep on underrating A.C Milan,If I were in you,I wouldn't be so boastful seeing a very mediocre Arsenal yesterday :twisted:
Be quiet my friends,remember that in Europe things like this matter 8)

982532.jpg

326788.jpg

534127.jpg

a_maldini_vt.jpg

We're supposed to have gained experience 8)

qs

Established Member
ACM 1899 said:
You keep on underrating A.C Milan,If I were in you,I wouldn't be so boastful seeing a very mediocre Arsenal yesterday :twisted:

982532.jpg

326788.jpg

534127.jpg

a_maldini_vt.jpg

Are you sure you wouldnt be worried about playing a team lying 5th in the league just below their closest rivals?
:wink:
304895_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

yayo77

qs said:
ACM 1899 said:

982532.jpg

326788.jpg

534127.jpg

a_maldini_vt.jpg

Are you sure you wouldnt be worried about playing a team lying 5th in the league just below their closest rivals?
:wink:
304895_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

brilliant reply mate.

ACM 1899

The point is that YOU ALL underrate A.C Milan keepin'on saying that you're gonna face Barça in the final,personally I respect every opponent and Arsenal as well,you got a great defense and your "catenaccio" might be very dangerous :?
Seeing Gerrard lifting that Cup doesn't affect me so much,losing is part of life!

P.S I hope noboy has believed Traoré's words :roll:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

ACM 1899 said:

982532.jpg

326788.jpg

534127.jpg

a_maldini_vt.jpg

Thats funny cause to weeks before livepool ****ed you , We ****ed them without Henry too.

Having said that Kaka is the rolls royce of attacking midfielders and Milan are great to watch and should have beaten Barca in the first leg.

djphonze

Feis-al said:
Bergy_1995 said:
Whoever we play, we seriously need to change our approach. I.e. Not play like we did tonight - otherwise we'll get STUFFED. Which won't be too pleasurable.

Guys, The way we played yesterday is what exactly those "Dolphines" deserved. They refused to play football when we score and were not even bothered with the 1-0 knowing they could turn us when we go. They time wasted, feigned injury and really frustrated us. We therefore just took what we learnt and sampled for them what it feels like when you are the only one playing. We don't have a lead to protect but rather have to get one which will mean we shall play football and if you think Barca is good, just and see their defence. Apparently, They have some bookings and May Lord help them and Puyol makes it to the final because that is the only guy who can play in our defence. Will post the link of bookings if I find one but if anyone can, help us to see who is near suspension for both Milan and Barca

Spot on!!

cubbz_th14

wengerboy said:
For the people that are going make sure we get a gaint banner with the words " the Pride Of London" :) that should stuff the jose and chelski board who claim to be :roll:

we might not get the chance any time soon and those chelski dudes are really pissing me off.

After all that money chelski spent, they still get upstage by arsenal :twisted:

good idea ... seriously, people going should hold out a laaaaaaarge banner saying the same

Wenger14

Established Member
ACM 1899 said:
The point is that YOU ALL underrate A.C Milan keepin'on saying that you're gonna face Barça in the final,personally I respect every opponent and Arsenal as well,you got a great defense and your "catenaccio" might be very dangerous :?

Don't think anyone would underrate Milan (haven't read the last few pages). tbh I would prefer Barca in the final, for the simple reason that I believe we have a better chance in beating them than Milan. I wouldn't bet on them losing the finals after last year. Most of us are confident on it being Barca in the final cause of their advantage leading into this leg, although if any team can overcome it at the Nou Camp, it's AC Milan.

Meek

Players who face suspension for the Final

Barcelona: Puyol, Van Bommel, Marquez
Milan: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Inzaghi

Lets hope which ever team makes it through that all their respective players pick up yellows :p

Arsenal_Soldier

Say that Barca do go through tonight...

They are beatable, the key is taking our chances because we will get some.

If only we could buy Fernando Torres before the match and suprise them, they will **** their panties :evil: He always scores against them.

And Puyol probably will get yellow carded tonight, all the better to (b)eat you with. :twisted:

Did anybody see the lunatic handing Henry a Barca shirt with Henry on the back? :lol: Made me laugh.

f4evo

ok prediction, it might be similar to few of my previous predictions

arsenal 7--------- Barca/Milan 6
Walcott------------Ronaldinho/Shevchenko
84,85,86,87-------11,22,33,44,55,66

how much odds will i get on that?

DOUBLE-YOU

Be honest folks, how do you feel about getting into the champions league final.

I am ecstatic. The feeling is better than when we won the FA Cup last year. I woke up this morning thinking "wow arsenal are in the champions league final". It's the same feeling i had when i first saw arsenal win the league in 1989....and thats just the problem

Although it feels like we have, we haven't won anything. I read a few quotes from Wenger this morning and in essence he was saying, reaching the final is a culmination of nine years hard work. No it's not. winning the final is. i know the players are professional, but i hope they don't subconciously feel the job is done.

Man Utd v Wigan carling cup highlights the difference in attitude when reaching a cup final. Man Utd players / fans were happy to be in the final, but for them victory is standard procedure. Wigan couldn't believe they got so far in one season. Wigan lost 4-0.

your thoughts please.

omega man

We cant and im sure we wont take the attitude that getting to the final is enough. We must go for it and Barca or AC are beatable. Its
only one game and Arsenal will be the underdogs and anything can happen. I think we have had our 'bad' game so the only way is up! We have plenty of time to rest and focus for may 17th and with no injuries please god we will be ready to do battle. Will AW stick to 4-5-1?? If it aint broke.....

Tony Montana

Established Member
ACM 1899 said:
Seeing Gerrard lifting that Cup doesn't affect me so much,losing is part of life!

It's because we rate Milan that we don't want to play you and Barca have an advantage anyway.

Traore was probably right. I can imagine Gattuso cheering right now. :lol:

ACM 1899

Tony Montana said:
ACM 1899 said:

It's because we rate Milan that we don't want to play you and Barca have an advantage anyway.

Traore was probably right. I can imagine Gattuso cheering right now. :lol:

Traoré's words r nothin' compared to Maldini(God bless him) ones,our captain said that we didin't cheer absolutely,Milan is a club used to victories,we know that lowering the tension in a match is extremely dangerous,how can u trust Traore??? :?
In fact, when the truth(what I said) came up,he didn't deny :evil:

mood

I'm not underrating Milan. I said somewhere that I believe they could prove to be tougher than Barca!

Barca, like us, haven't been tested in a CL final or a very big game with their current team (lots of new players) and Rijkaard as manager either.

For me, it doesnt make a difference whether we get Milan/Barca, both are tough. We have to look at our own game and play at OUR best.. and thats where we'll win if we do. So far, it's seemed like we're destined to win it this season.. let's hope we carry this destiny to the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom