• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal | Wed 4th Nov 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Prayer people, I'm telling you. Pray for either a win or draw.

Anyway, I'm planning on ditching a wedding ball (what can I say, it's wedding season where I am) to watch this match. Arsenal better deliver for me. No humiliation please.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sanogo would of been perfect coming in for this given our current injuries.

Surely we can't keep two clean sheets against Bayern? 1-1 draw would be a great result. I think the players will feel they can snatch a win, just hope we don't get any new injuries.

Sp**s play tomorrow so at least fatigue might not been as big of an issue.

Jerome_Gooner

They have a game against Anderlecht on Thursday as well and I don't think Pochetino will rest too many players considering their loss last time. For once we might have an advantage here.

Very good news indeed. That shows how much we have to avoid that Europa League business. It'll be close though... Let's hope Dinamo can maybe sneak something out of their game with Olympiakos.

Giroud

Established Member
We've got to make sure we carry the same threat on the counter, but it won't be easy to get out of their press without the extra midfielder(Ramsey) who I thought was key in the first game, and obviously Walcott at the end of things. Maybe we'll play with a similar shape to the second half with Sanchez playing close to Giroud and Özil deeper.

Yeah, going to be a massive test of Campbell's ability if he gets the nod playing Ramsey's position.

Maybe we could get Sanchez and Campbell closer to Giroud as you said and rather than use the wide players to get hold of the ball get it straight up to Giroud with the two wide forwards supporting?

GOONER1991

Established Member
Can't see us getting anything from this one.

I'd be content with losing this, and Dinamo getting a result.

Aevi

Hale End FC
When we played Bayern last time, we had both a Walcott-Giroud combo to fiddle with and Ramsey to link up play for 2/3 of the game. This time we have just Giroud (which makes it easier for Bayern to prepare), and limited RW options because I really think Campbell should rest for Tottenham (he has played 2 games in succession for the first time in forever and looked really tired vs Swansea) and Ox + Ramsey are out. Really hoping Sanchez can pull himself together, we depend on him a lot more than before. If we score it will be from Sanchez brilliance or a set piece, guaranteed.

We really need our defense to come in clutch, Gabriel will likely FINALLY start because Per has for the past 2 or 3 games so I am hoping to see how he comes up against very big opposition.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel says Arsenal will not sit back and defend as they need a result

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...it-defend-Champions-League.html#ixzz3qGoIz7bR

'When we play away, we also have to have a slightly different outlook, but that doesn't mean we will spend the whole game defending,' the Brazilian said after Arsenal's win over Swansea.

'We are a big team, we are Arsenal and we need to attack because we need the result, but we need to attack with intelligence and make sure we don't suffer a defeat and complicate our situation for the rest of our competition. Everything is possible in football.'

'We know the difficulties we are going to find,' Gabriel continued. 'Bayern are an excellent team playing at home with the fans on their side, so it will be a big challenge.

'If we are as determined as we have been over the last few years, I believe that we can go there and get a great result.'

Charisma

Wenger needs to change the formation this game. Bayern are going to be a different animal at home especially after losing to us in the first game and the return of Arjen Robben on the wing.

I would start with:

-----------------------------Cech-----------------------------

-----------Gabriel----Mertesacker--Koscielny------------

--Bellerin-----------------------------------------Monreal--

--------------------Coquelin--Cazorla-----------------------

-----Özil-----------------------------------------Sanchez----

---------------------------Giroud-----------------------------

Loken

Talk about inviting pressure... it's going to be really, really difficult to counter-attack with Giroud up front. But to essentially only give us 3 outlets from each attack, which will be easily man-marked, is suicidal.

Despite our fantastic defensive performances recently, we can't withstand a 90-minute barrage at the Allianz, at home it was different, and with Theo we forced them back often. But a 5-2-2-1 would just involve us losing 1-0, or 2-0, without a response. Set-pieces would be a strength, admittedly. If we ever got any :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We'll have no option but to defend deep for 90 minutes. We'll need a lot of luck to not concede. The other game in the group is actually more important, in a way. I might even watch that one instead, because this one will be torture.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Wenger needs to change the formation this game. Bayern are going to be a different animal at home especially after losing to us in the first game and the return of Arjen Robben on the wing.

I would start with:

We look top heavy on the right and a tad light on the left. Can't see it working.

Charisma

Talk about inviting pressure... it's going to be really, really difficult to counter-attack with Giroud up front. But to essentially only give us 3 outlets from each attack, which will be easily man-marked, is suicidal.

Despite our fantastic defensive performances recently, we can't withstand a 90-minute barrage at the Allianz, at home it was different, and with Theo we forced them back often. But a 5-2-2-1 would just involve us losing 1-0, or 2-0, without a response. Set-pieces would be a strength, admittedly. If we ever got any :lol:

Attacking Bayern is **** especially without the pace of Walcott, Welbeck, Chamberlain or even Ramsey/Wilshere in the wide areas.

Joel Campbell looked decent against Swansea but he was far from impressive, he looked slightly raw and in a game like this we will only have a few chances if we're lucky.

To be honest, I would rather lose 1-0 and still be in the game until the 90th minute to sneak a goal rather than lose 4 or 5. We'll be low on confidence going into the NLD derby which is ultimately the much bigger game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's stinking the place out at Ajax, I think some youth player would be better.
This is quite a sad clip, complete with sad music... **** knows why it was made. Might be the highlight of his stint so far!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom