• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal | Wed 4th Nov 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance is key

Can't see us getting anything from this one.

I'd be content with losing this, and Dinamo getting a result.

Pretty much - impossible game, we need pace to hit them on the counters and got perhaps the slowest lineup possible.

a respectable loss, no injuries and Dinamo gets a draw or a win and I will be stoked.

NLD is so much more important

StoppageTime

Was doing a little scouting and apparently Robben is officially the fastest player in the world lol?? As of 2014 at least.

Fair play to the bald ****, who said you lose your pace at 30.

Really needed Walcott for this, now we're stuck relying on Campbell and Sanchez on the break, with both of them looking knackered atm.

Impossible on paper, but then again we are the ****ing Arsenal. If we take it to them and look to exert our own game, anything is possible.

Jazz

Definitely PL>Cl right now for me so I would normally say rest some key players but we have no bench options so #1 priority for me is NO MORE INJURIES! Don't really give a sh!t about the result once again.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
With lack of pace, their possession and home advantage, I don't see too much chances for us here.

3-1 to Bayern

Stoneh

Why does everyone keep mentioning Theo when it was Giroud that did the damage?

Cech needs to play anotger blinder caus with Costa.. and Robben on other side.. we gonna have to dig deep. Not forgetting Muller and Lewa in centre..

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The players will want to perform for this one-it's a big night for them. It'll be the ultimate test for the team. Shame we can't rotate a little as all the rotatees are kicking up their heels in the sick bay.

Sanchez looks shot (will he get a rest during the interlull?) and we need him to plug that gap on the left-don't be giving the ball away in dangerous places lad!

We're dangerous on set pieces and it's a bit of a weakness with them. We've scored 3 goals against Bayern from set pieces. Giroud is the danger man here (most headed goals in the EPL since he came in 2012)

Our counter-attacking capabilities will be severely blunted without Theo & The Ox but at least Giroud can hold the ball up for our midfielders (if we ever get out of our 1/2).

If we get a point from this then chances are we'll need a simple victory against Olympiacos to go through-lose and we'll need to beat Olympiacos by 2 clear goals or score more than 3 in a win.

Much like the 1st game against Bayern, a positive result can do wonders for the morale & confidence of the team and coming into a NLD that could be priceless.

Make no mistake, Bayern will be wary of us and will want to prove our 2-0 thrashing was a fluke - maybe that could play into our hands. Shame we don't have Theo for this as they are so vulnerable on the counter.

We'll need to ride our luck a bit but if we stay composed, disciplined and keep the errors to a minimum we have a puncher's chance.

Of course we'd love to do a UTD. and come away with a 0-0-can we?

redanddread

Wenger might throw a League Cup tie-he ain't throwing a CL tie of this significance. The players want to play in the CL so there's no way they'll be thinking - **** this, let's concentrate on the NLD-these are the games that they all want to play in. Away to Bayern Munich!! Only the Camp Nou & the Bernabeu are more feared grounds at present-trust me the players will want to prove that they can go away to tough grounds and get a result. Don't be surprised if we shake up the world again.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Exactly Red , they will be all up and ready for this . These are the games players learn from and measure where they are. Anyways pretty confident about this game .

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Bellerin Mertersacker Koscielny Monreal
Flamini Santi Coquelin
Özil Sanchez
Giroud

Rest Campbell for Tottenham and i think Flamini in a 3 man midfield will solidify us.

redanddread

Cech and Koscielny are going to have the game of their lives.
So will Monreal & Bellerin! They'll have Robben & Costa giving us a double-dose of wing wizardry. Campbell & Sanchez will have to work extremely hard on both defense & offense.

Özil could well be a match winner here- a sumptuous 40 yd through ball to a darting Sanchez and the Allianz gasps a collective gulp-1 Nil to The Arsenal, 1 Nil to The Arsenal..............;)

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
remember how Stoke became our bogey team through set-piece in 2007-2009?
Arsenal could emulate how Stoke play (with less foul play) and do the same to Bayern. Giroud/Kos, on the end of Özil/Cazorla set-play might work.

One thing though... how to cope with Robben's dives... I hate him for what he did to Scz, piece of **** went for a penalty and red even though Robben had a 99% goal chance

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arsenal could emulate how Stoke play (with less foul play) and do the same to Bayern. Giroud/Kos, on the end of Özil/Cazorla set-play might work.

One thing though... how to cope with Robben's dives... I hate him for what he did to Scz, piece of **** went for a penalty and red even though Robben had a 99% goal chance

Talk about it to the press before the game .

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
I put De Gea at number one at the moment closely followed by Navas. Neuer is in clown mode recently, looking very vulnerable at set pieces in the Bundesliga as well. Think our game dented his confidence. Testing him is a must.

redanddread

Been thinking about that!! You know he will..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom