• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Unfortunately it wasn't worth cleaning up the 'qualifiers' thread so I've started a new one.

I've made the vast majority of the idiots that signed up inactive - but NOT the few Zagreb fans who wanted to talk sensibly.

To them I say please read our rules - some of the main ones being NOT to post links to any clips (ie YouTube), don't post in text language, or ANY language except English (so we can all understand each other).

I'd also ask our members to treat any Zagreb fans in a decent way if they are coming here to talk football as they are welcome.

However I WILL NOT LET A LOAD OF THUGS RUIN THIS FORUM. And don't try to scare me 'cos I went to Ashton Gate in the 70's!

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Damn, I missed all the action from the other thread. And worst, those lovely, nice, caring, friendly and superb at English Dinosaur Zagreb fans or whatever you call em are now inactive. Boohoo!! :(

Djourou

gunnerturk said:
Me too. They were like cheap copies of Fenerbahce fans.

and the fenerbahce fans are cheap copies of sp*rs fans and sp*rs fans are cheap copies of losers

zgfan

BTW, what do you think is there going to be interested Arsenal fans to come on first game in Zagreb? Cause, by propositions you get like 7-10%, whats like 3500-4000 people. Or you will treat this game like already won, so noth worth comming?

Just curious to know what to expect....:)

RC8

Established Member
I can't see many Arsenal fans travelling from London to watch this game, as our team probably will be 2nd string. If it was only one game it is a possibility, but since we also play at home.

My guess is that the away section will be full of local Arsenal fans rather than Londoners.

onechippy

I don't think we've got it in the bag, not by a long shot. Especially as we still have a few WC players to come back, and they'll come back a week before the first leg.

Rohit

Established Member
zgfan said:
BTW, what do you think is there going to be interested Arsenal fans to come on first game in Zagreb? Cause, by propositions you get like 7-10%, whats like 3500-4000 people. Or you will treat this game like already won, so noth worth comming?

I am sure there'll be Arsenal fans travelling,just hope that after the game none of the Dinamo fans don't find it not worth to travel for the second. ;)

If Arsenal play close to their best i am sure that will be the scenario at the end.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Djourou said:
gunnerturk said:
Me too. They were like cheap copies of Fenerbahce fans.

and the fenerbahce fans are cheap copies of sp*rs fans and sp*rs fans are cheap copies of losers

sp*rs aren't cheap... they're a rip off, look at how much money they spend! They have to be the most expensive losers in history!!

But back to the football does anyone really know who the main threats are from Zaghreb, what their defence is like and subsequently whom we should play up front etc

zgfan

Rohit said:
zgfan said:

I am sure there'll be Arsenal fans travelling,just hope that after the game none of the Dinamo fans don't find it not worth to travel for the second. ;)

If Arsenal play close to their best i am sure that will be the scenario at the end.

Well, who knows, if you will be playing without few of your major players maybe we wil be able to get some good result. It would help if your players already share your opinion that game is already won....:)

But, knowing our fans, on 2nd leg game there will be all spots that will be given full. You know, ideal trip, London, pubs, beer, game..;). And they will come, no mather what result in first game will be....

Gary

gunnerturk said:
a washed off german defender, few cheap south american defenders and midfielders. nothing special.

Cheap? Eduardo's value is 10 mil. € atm. And Nowotny is not washed out as you would like. ;)

zgfan

db10_therza said:
But back to the football does anyone really know who the main threats are from Zaghreb, what their defence is like and subsequently whom we should play up front etc

well, I beleive there are few threats there:

1. Eduardo da Silva (attacker) - he is playing in great shape recently. Last two games scored 2 goals on each. PSV offered 10 mil Euro last week for him. (he is playing for national team)
2. Modric - (midfield) - runner, pass maker, can score too (he is playing for national team)
3. Vugrinec - (midfielder) - was playing in italian clubs (ex national team player)
3. Etoo - playing on right side - fast as a wind....

Cant tell much about the defenders except Jens Nowotny is there, but so far he didnt play single game so dont know what to epect with this new defence. But should be far better with him...

Our coach was saying yesterday that the only club he would like to avoid is Arsenal. That we can play with every other club, even Liverpool.

Our weak points are that majority of our players is not very experienced, they are good but very young players. Our good points are attack and midfield, and weakeast point so far was defence (cant tell how will be now with Nowotny)...

gunnerturk

I have known Vugrinec from the days he used to play for a turkish club, he was an average player has he improved that much?

Top Bottom