• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Ricky_AFC

Very pleased with the scoreline. Really glad to see Cesc starting the season with goals, hopefully he can notch up a fair few this year, it would make a huge difference. I thought Cesc looked a lot faster and stronger yesterday and it looks like his dribbling has got better to me.

I was very happy to see us taking shots yesterday, this time last year nobody wanted to shoot outside the 6 yard box but last night there was no hesitation when someone had sight of goals. Although that might have been due to the absence of Mr Henry.

kopzilla

Always Negative
nice to see the kids celebrating after the goal..add ribery to the squad..and we can be accused of terrorism in the future :D

Feis-al

And for those people who are not really happy or impressed with this win, You can try other threads of Reyes and Cashley and cheer yourself up

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, so fantastic from the lads.

I'm not gonna make myself angry by looking through this thread at what i've been informed is some of the most moronic ill informed fans in the world (and that's our fans, not theirs), but there's nothing to be unhappy about last night. :)

And Hleb....well, he continues to make me eat my mid-season last year words. :)

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
What a great night. Difficult important away match won 0-3. Still room for improvement, but I saw a lot of signs of sheer quality in our team. Very confident about our team. Think we'll do better than most people expect.

pg1989

Cesc is the man, if he plays like that in the premiership he will get at least 10 goals.
Djourou also looked great, he would start for all the premiership clubs outside the champions league.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
cesc was often weak, offtarget in the past. how he have improve yesterday. actually from the WC with spain. i can see that his shots are improved.

actually 3-0 was because of the opposition goalie, who is freaking lousy. allowed 2 tight angles goal from cesc and one shot which he also fumbled from rvp. but take nothing away from the boys, they did great.

goonerz49

did anyone else think cesc has baulked up just a little bit? and ive gotta say 2 bloody superb finishes from cesc, any world class striker would have been proud of 2 perfect finishes like them

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
goonerz49 said:
did anyone else think cesc has baulked up just a little bit?

I'd say quite a bit to be honest. Apparently he's been doing special weight training over the summer after the club gave permission (he hadn't been allowed to previously because his body was still growing).

When I interviewed Bob Wilson I asked him what Cesc needed to add to his game and he said first he needs to bulk up then he'll start getting the goals.

marco

great performance great result.

fabregas himself said last night on itv that he had bulked up and felt stronger..

p.s the atmosphere sounded incredible on tv.. the croats never stopped chanting even when we scored

Amir

A fantastic display from the lads last night. Awsome performace and an incredible Cesc, who was outstanding.

I am glad the Djourou and Hoyte had the chance to sweat as starters too and feel the heat of an important match.

dbergyisnumerouno

first competitve match against a tricky team - i must say i'm happy and impressed. was a bit nervous before the match and got worse after first half. but the lads were patient and showed class. i was really pleased with all of them except maybe hoyte but let's hope he improves. gotta stay positive otherwise half the battle is lost, in my opinion.

one more thing, the stadia atmosphere was fantastic, really loud, the bbb fans can really sing! it will be great to see the same of the grove. come on gooners, show them what you've got! :D

Jameel46

Established Member
it was a great performance from arsenal as a team and also individually, everybody played well, almunia seems to be getting better at grabbing the ball (which was one of his weaknesses), Djourou showed the quality we do have at CB, Fabregas was once again brilliant, hleb played extremely well throughout, and the workrate of all the other players especially adebayor was very good.

Modric was the only player that looked very good on the nightfor dinamo zagreb, looks like a real talented young player.

and hopefully we arsenal fans can match the support of the Dinamo fans at the emirates stadium.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I was really impressed with our midfield. In Rosicky, Hleb and Fabregas we have players who are so comfortable on the ball. I think this is the most technically gifted midfield we have had.

These guys will ensure we enjoy heaps of possesion this year and all three of them are more than able to join attack or slide Henry in.

With Gilberto sweeping up, I'd say our midfield is spot on mush.

Viper

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
I was really impressed with our midfield. In Rosicky, Hleb and Fabregas we have players who are so comfortable on the ball. I think this is the most technically gifted midfield we have had.

These guys will ensure we enjoy heaps of possesion this year and all three of them are more than able to join attack or slide Henry in.

With Gilberto sweeping up, I'd say our midfield is spot on mush.
I think we have the most techincally gifted midfield in the Premiership, or maybe even in Europe.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom