• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
I think hes making some odd jibe to the Dinamo fans about us mullering them...some people can't just win with a bit of dignity.

Jkreffer said:
Blue Boy 1981 said:
I would like to congratulate you on a very nice display on the field. :)

You have a very good team, i hope you do even better then the last season.

We played like a bunch of pussies...I think it would be better if we lost 5-0, but played the way we always do...Attacking, aggressive, football...I don't care who we play against...In Maksimir, we are the home team, and we must play like we are the favorites...We, as Dinamo supporters, deserve that.

Thanks mate. Good to see to some appreciation from opposite fans. To be honest I thought that you played alright and have nothing to feel too disheartened about. Besides there is no pressure on you next leg so you may just play up to your full capabilities as is your wish. Good luck domestically this year by the way. :)

Thanks. :)

I am disappointed...I think that Modric and Nowotny are the only ones that displayed quality and some balls... :(

See you guys in London. :D

bbb1986

congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good game!!!!!!!! but you must say that dinamo was good...but good to 63min. i love arsenal because they play attacking,and have young,very young players!!!!!!!!! it is very bad for us because we are not soo bad like 0:3!!! first half very good,maybe we was better!!!! modrric 3 good shoots,agic 2 times,eduardo!!!! our goalkeeper is awful!!!!!!!!!!! DINAMO ZAGREB!!!!!!!!!!! you"never walk alone!!!!!! you are see that,we lose and song doesn"t stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Well after many years i dreamed watching Arsenal live i finally did it.I live in Bosnia and when i seen Arsenal is coming to Zagreb i cudnt miss that.Sence tickets where hard to get i had to buy the one where the Dinamo fans are BBB so i wasnt able to cheer for Arsenal but still i loved it.And really bow to BBB awsome cheering for your club ill never forget after Arsenal scored first goal fans where cheering even better it was like Dinamo scored.

BBB

good game from Arsenal, expected I must say. I'm only a little bit angry that every one of your players had their good day.. I mean really... But never the less, I'm confident that our team will play better in UEFA cup. We'll see you on Emirates, not me personally I've done my part yesterday.... hope to regain my speach abillity soon. :)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
well finally, bbb is behaving well.

shaz, i also realised that arsenal is starting to be more direct and take shots from everywhere. thats a good sign

alibey

Holly Thierry said:
Well after many years i dreamed watching Arsenal live i finally did it.I live in Bosnia and when i seen Arsenal is coming to Zagreb i cudnt miss that.Sence tickets where hard to get i had to buy the one where the Dinamo fans are BBB so i wasnt able to cheer for Arsenal but still i loved it.And really bow to BBB awsome cheering for your club ill never forget after Arsenal scored first goal fans where cheering even better it was like Dinamo scored.

Hey mate with me it was pretty the same situation. I couldnt believe that Im watching Arsenal players just few meters in front of my eyes. Great game, atmosphere was absolutely brilliant.

Some of my BBB friends warned me not to wear an Arsenal shirt, becouse I might get into troubles in Zagreb, but I didnt listen them. Walking around among BBBs wearing my Arsenal shirt I was treated like some kind of exotic animal. They all wanted to take a photo with me in the frame. LOL

They all yell at me "Hey englishman or something like that" and when I said some words in "our" language, they all laughed at me, they were like "youre bosnian and an Arsenal supporter", but I didnt bother at all. I was on the stand with "regular" fans becouse I couldnt get an away ticket and enter the stadium with my fellow gunners, but I wasnt dissapointed. Afterall, first time in my life I attended an Arsenal game and it was a happening of my life.

Next wednesday I'll go to the Bosnia-France friendly game and see Therry in action, the only person I'll go on that game for. I saw today that Thierry's in the squad for that game, and decided to get ticket.

Cheers.

Drago

Exiled In Newcastle said:
As for how you'd do in the Premiership then my honest opinion is that you'd get badly relegated if you played like that.

I would disagree with you. What happened last night is something that repeats every year. Croatian team goes to qualifiers for some european competition. Then they are full of hope, expectations are high, but when the match starts, they forget that they actually KNOW how to play. They piss in their pants, especially the coach, who orders DEFENCE, because they are affraid not to get disgraced.

Question is, why is this happening? I will tell you why: because they are much stronger than any other team in national league. So, they don't know how to defend, because whole season they have nobody to defend against. And then at once, coach orders them to play so. It doesn't work. They desperately need stronger opponents through the season, because our league sucks.

If Dinamo would play in Premiership, they would quickly learn how to play against stronger opponents, and all the pressure wouldn't be in just 2 legs, as now. This team has a lot of potential, but I'm affraid that this potential will vain, because of poor opponents through the season. Again, defence will sleep all season, and they even don't need a goalkeeper, they can win a championship without him.

And again, next season, we will draw some Arsenal, Newcastle, Milan..., and again story will repeat. Sad, but true. But, anyway, this is none of your problems. Our national football asociation should join with neighbours (Austria, Slovenia, Hungary, Bosnia) , to make one stronger league with better football. But now I'm way offtopic.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Drago said:
As for how you'd do in the Premiership then my honest opinion is that you'd get badly relegated if you played like that.

I would disagree with you.

If Dinamo would play in Premiership, they would quickly learn how to play against stronger opponents

I agree with your second point (you'd adapt) but I think you have to read my full post.

What I said was that in pure football terms you'd probably be good enough to stay up, but to establish yourself in the EPL the sad fact is that you need a Bolton/Blackburn type nastiness to survive. It's the lack of nastiness that I said would get you relegated. And I know that is sad.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
By the way I totally disagree with combining national associations to improve the game in a region. Even with a tier of football that would probably include Arsenal appears to be heading towards an eventual European League I think National Leagues should remain absolutely.

What should happen in places like your regions is that all the nations should reduse their top divisions but (maybe in some way by adapting national cup competions) have their top teams compete in some multi-national competition. Like a regional Champions League if you like. But I do think National Leagues are the building blocks of football.

gun4glory

arsenal_hleb said:
well finally, bbb is behaving well.

shaz, i also realised that arsenal is starting to be more direct and take shots from everywhere. thats a good sign
That's because the * bbb fans who were just he to talk **** don't have the balls or the piece of mind to come back ;) , the smart, respectable fans are still here and are most welcome...

kamikaze80

Established Member
exiled, any reason for believing that only national leagues are the way to go? if youre okay with a regional cup competition, why not a regional league with say, the top 4 teams from croatia, bosnia, slovenia, austria and hungary? maybe the worst team from each country is relegated and the best team from the highest national league is promoted (or whatever, the details arent important for this discussion).

i agree that its nice that the different national leagues have different styles of play, which makes european competition that much more interesting, but perhaps this is just as tenable in regions with smaller countries that share a common cultural heritage (or are just neighbours) and will have the added benefit of improving their chances in europe, adding more spice to uefa competitions.

proud to be cro

after arsenal,liverpool will maybe play on maximir against macabi! another great club that I'll must go to watch!!! they are my favourite foreign club! yihaaaaaaa

Legend#1

Established Member
Fair ****ing play to Zagreb fans, who were still singing at 3-0 down.. That's some top stuff.

Modric was a delight.

Jameel46

Established Member
shaz said:
you know what thing made me the happiest yesterday? f****g seeing adabayor and rosicky take shots from distance.

sweet lord, ive cant count the nunmber of times i got pissed because of people fannying about with too many passes and just having a crack.

im glad now we have people like adebayor, rosicky, van persie (although this might actually uspet henry a bit), i think people like hleb and co should also take more shots. oh yeah and well done to the faboulous fab!

yeah, it's nice to see players have a decent strike from distance for once, although if henry was there they would probably not have done it, i always find it funny when he gets pissed off at other players. :lol: :lol:

Drago

By the way I totally disagree with combining national associations to improve the game in a region. Even with a tier of football that would probably include Arsenal appears to be heading towards an eventual European League I think National Leagues should remain absolutely.

What should happen in places like your regions is that all the nations should reduse their top divisions but (maybe in some way by adapting national cup competions) have their top teams compete in some multi-national competition. Like a regional Champions League if you like. But I do think National Leagues are the building blocks of football.

We can not reduce our top division even more. There are only 12 clubs in our top division. And of those 12, 8 will fight against relegation, Dinamo will win 1st place, and other 3 clubs will share places 2-4. Every year the same. So, as you propose, we should reduce our league to 4 clubs. This is ridicolous. I know this is hard to understand for you, but because of this quality of the game is every year lower and lower. Fans don't go to stadiums, because they already know everything. Average attendance of top division is 3.084 (!). I think your conference has higher attendance. Sponsor don't invest in clubs, because there are no fans. With no sponsors, there are no good players, and with no players, there is no game. As you see, magic circle without exit. There are cowboys like Dinamo's vice president Mamic (wannabe Abramovic), who rip off the people, and invests public money from taxes in the club, but this are only short-term solutions, without real results.

So, without some stronger league, without more money, sponsors and fans, we will stuck here for many years.

Zico

Established Member
I think combined leagues are worth considering for some of the smaller countries, including in former Yugoslavia and places like Benelux. The fact of the matter is that the top teams from those countries will never grow unless they have big matches to play regularly. We played AZ in a new stadium that seats 20 000. How can Ajax expect to grow when one of the better Eredivisie teams is that small? Regional leagues can be a solution to stop the ever increasing shift of power to England, Spain, Italy.

Do you guys remember the days when Partizan Belgrade, Red Star, Dinamo Kiev and Spartak Moscow were relevant. Only a decade ago Ajax were Europe's best team. The current set up will ensure those teams never rise again.

Mostarac

Established Member
When it comes to combined leagues, some regions have already done it, such as Scandinavia with their Royal League. Personally, I think that a combined league could save football from the Balkans, both financially and when it comes to developement. It would not be bad to have a league with the 3 best teams from each of the former Yugo republics, which would give a league with Crvena Zvezda, Partizan, OFK, Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka, Sarajevo, Velez, Zeljeznicar, Maribor, Olimpija, Vardar and Rabotnicki for example. Having those teams would make it much more interesting for the public aswell, and the attendances would probably go up. The main incentive for such a league would have to be a money prize of course, but the clubs would be able to renew old rivalries which they have not done since 1992. The football in the Balkans right now is awful in many ways, and a there has to be some changes made in order to keep up with Europe.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think a combined league is very useful. firstly, it will improved teams there. secondly it will be more interesting and exciting to watch, instead of seeing dinamo win the league every year or partizan or whoever. 3rdly, i think it will attract more players to go there.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom