• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Mostarac

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
i think a combined league is very useful. firstly, it will improved teams there. secondly it will be more interesting and exciting to watch, instead of seeing dinamo win the league every year or partizan or whoever. 3rdly, i think it will attract more players to go there.

Exactly. Such a league would make the "smaller" teams from the region work even harder to join this league, and that would improve the standards in many ways.

BBBoys

First of all, congratulations, you were better and you deserved to win and go through the group stage!

But I`m very very disappointed with your fans (supporters), first: only 200-250 of your fans came to stadium maybe even less of that; second: your fans didn`n sing or shout, they were just sitting or standing and looked match!

One more time: Congratulations, you are really one of 10 best teams in the world and I wish you to win a Champion League this season!!!!

See you soon in London...and don`t think that only few of us will come...you`ll see...WELCOME TO BLUE HELL!!!!

proud to be cro

Mostarac said:
It would not be bad to have a league with the 3 best teams from each of the former Yugo republics, which would give a league with Crvena Zvezda, Partizan, OFK, Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka, Sarajevo, Velez, Zeljeznicar, Maribor, Olimpija, Vardar and Rabotnicki for example.

where is siroki brijeg??? or even zrinjski? no cro club from bosnia? you fascist bastard

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Sorry - to answer what people said to my post about national league/inter-national cups.

I think the national league system is absolutely vital to interest. No matter how unlikely the idea that a team could 'do a Wimbledon' and rise through the levels from non-league to top division is the dream that drives fans and I honestly believe that national leagues are vital to create interest.

When I said smaller league divisions I was ignorant of the fact Croatia has 12 in it's top division but that would be a good number alongside the kind of cup I see.

Not wanting to offen anyone by mentioning/not mentioning a country say 6 nations got together. Top 3/4/5 from each qualify and are drawn into two leagues home/away and that's played alongside national leagues (maybe alternate saturdays). End of season top 4 from each league go into knock out to decide winner.

I dunno, something basically like that with domestic cup competitions for the teams that don't qualify.

Obviously all the details would have to be looked at but I think the basic idea might work in some regions.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
BBBoys said:
First of all, congratulations, you were better and you deserved to win and go through the group stage!

But I`m very very disappointed with your fans (supporters), first: only 200-250 of your fans came to stadium maybe even less of that; second: your fans didn`n sing or shout, they were just sitting or standing and looked match!

One more time: Congratulations, you are really one of 10 best teams in the world and I wish you to win a Champion League this season!!!!

See you soon in London...and don`t think that only few of us will come...you`ll see...WELCOME TO BLUE HELL!!!!

The never called Highbury "Library" for no reason. Atmosphere can be embarrasing at times.

Mostarac

Established Member
proud to be cro said:
where is siroki brijeg??? or even zrinjski? no cro club from bosnia? you fascist bastard

Where were Siroki Brijeg or Svinjski during the old Yugoslavian league, you little child? :wink: Velez used to win 12-0 against the old regional amateur Mladost(todays Siroki Brijeg). And, I do not know of any "Cro", Muslim or Serb clubs from Bosnia, for me, all clubs from Bosnia are BOSNIAN no matter if that is Siroki Brijeg, Borac or Sarajevo. This is too off-topic anyway.

&#353;ime

hey,people,arsenal is now strongest tem in the world and beyond.that is a fact.
arsenal will win premiership,i am sure.....
if you buy some good defence player ,arsenal will probably win even champions league.
for a 10 days dinamo is coming to london and that will be beautiful game because dinamo had nothing to lose.that is perfect for a team like dinamo against arsenal.....
gooners,i wish you good luck in the next seasone.....
beat that f.....chelsea!!!!!!!!

BBB

There is no use talking about that kind of a joined league, because it will never happen. first of all Croatia would never join a league with only Balkan countries in it, trust me on that.
And a second and maybe the most important thing is that UEFA would never allow such a league to exist (they've already said so) or if by some remote chance they would, the clubs from that league could have never been promoted to CL or UEFA Cup.
So clubs from that league would play for nothing and in the same time national championship would lose even more on popularity. You would then have just a big confusion, not to mention that playing two leagues in the same time would be almost impossible( + national cup, + playing in Europe), they get exhausted by playing just one league at the time.

Jameel46

Established Member
------------------- Almunia -------------------

Hoyte ------- Djourou ---- Toure ----- A. Traore

Rosicky ----- Fabregas --- Gilberto --- Ljungberg (should be fit)

----------------- van Persie ------------------
--------------------- Adebayor ---------------

bench:
Poom
Cygan
Eboue
Flamini
Reyes
Walcott
Aliadiere

i'd say that this should be the team for the 2nd leg, we should see how good our other left back is, and maybe bring on walcott at some stage, but i doubt that wenger will change the players from the 1st leg.

proud to be cro

Mostarac said:
proud to be cro said:

Where were Siroki Brijeg or Svinjski during the old Yugoslavian league, you little child? :wink: Velez used to win 12-0 against the old regional amateur Mladost(todays Siroki Brijeg). And, I do not know of any "Cro", Muslim or Serb clubs from Bosnia, for me, all clubs from Bosnia are BOSNIAN no matter if that is Siroki Brijeg, Borac or Sarajevo. This is too off-topic anyway.

if there would be a regional league then I assume that there would be best club from nations no matter of results in former yugoslavia.

svinjski you say??? you ****in ****!

there is no chance that croatian clubs would play regional league with former yu clubs, they would only accept swiss,austrian and slovenian clubs to play with... :x

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Just rewatching the game now, what the **** were Kolo and Cesc doing together after the first goal :lol:

****ing idiots from ITV - 'the blue wall of sound is silenced', that's funny cos it sounds even louder now you prick :lol:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
BBB said:
There is no use talking about that kind of a joined league, because it will never happen.

That, and what you said about UEFA rules is why I suggested a 'regional' cup competition of some kind.

When Scotland and Benelux were trying to combine league, whilst UEFA were 100% against it, they did actually suggest a caup competition, so they obviously have no problem with that.

I do realise that with the troubles that have happened in the region since Tito may make it a particular difficult thing to arrange (if for no other reason because of emotion) but Ido think that it would benefit the regions of the world where there are no big (in a footballing history sense) countries.

Jameel46 said:
i would like to hear what match ratings the dinamo fans would give to the players.

for what its worth:

DINAMO -

Turina - 5.5

Corluka - 6.5

Nowotny - 6.5

Cvitanovic - 5.5

Cale - 5

Buljat - 6.5

Mamic - 6

Agic - 5.5

Etto - 6.5

Modric - 8

Eduardo - 6

ARSENAL -

Almunia - 6.5

Eboue - 6.5

Djourou - 7

Toure - 7

Hoyte - 6

Hleb - 7

Fabregas - 8.5

Gilberto - 7

Rosicky - 7

RVP - 8

Adebayor - 6

(nb - A 7 is given for a very solid performance so you can see how many solid performances there were on both sides)

Jinn

Established Member
FYI everyone, this thread is only for talk about the first leg. If you want to talk about the second leg, please start a new thread.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom