• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft CL Draft - Last 12 - FC SUAGA vs Clrnc City

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
:lol: of course it's not. Draft Ayala in Maldini LB, Redondo for Modric, Giggs for Di Maria etc
I based it on your first 11 picked and just replaced Casillas.

There you go mate, do it and post it here, I will merge it into the first post.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:lol: of course it's not. Draft Ayala in Maldini LB, Redondo for Modric, Giggs for Di Maria etc

I'll be honest mate I'd go with Di Maria over Giggs as he's a natural RW. Probably should be...

Iker
Cafu - Ayala - Desailly - Maldini
Rijkaard - Redondo
Savicevic
Di Maria - Romario - Stoichkov

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Clrnc City
@Clrnc City are easily the unluckiest side in the tournament so far tbh. A positive 4 GD while finishing 4th from bottom is really tough luck. Not only were all their losses by a single goal but they lost four games in the final minute and missed a sickening 6 penalties (blame Romario for 4).

Best player: Has to be the golden boot winner, Hristo Stoichkov scored an incredible 12 goals despite missing two penalties himself and never let his head drop despite the cruel luck they came up against.

Hristo-Stoichkov.jpg

Best performance:
City did the double over the mighty Sauce Squad but the away performance was probably the best, from minute 1 they carved open the Squad backline again and again, with Stoichkov getting a brace and their chief creator Cafu laying one on.

1680266586954.png

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

FC SUAGA

Best Player:
Despite having a world class strikeforce in Shevchenko and Henry the top performer for SUAGA was arguably the assist leader Kevin De Bruyne. Put on 7 assists and was a constant threat from open play and set pieces

1680266900617.jpeg

Best Performance:

Would have to be the 3 goal demolition of AGFC on the opening day of the season, battering the eventual league winners by a comfortable margin.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I'll be honest mate I'd go with Di Maria over Giggs as he's a natural RW. Probably should be...

Iker
Cafu - Ayala - Desailly - Maldini
Rijkaard - Redondo
Savicevic
Di Maria - Romario - Stoichkov
Yeah I like that squad go with it

Was just wondering what happens if I switch stoichkov to rw and giggs lw given how useless dimaria is so far and ****ing Romario haven't scored much.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I based it on your first 11 picked and just replaced Casillas.

There you go mate, do it and post it here, I will merge it into the first post.
1680279541161.png

I posted this previously. Not far off just replace Savicevic with Modric and that's the team

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What times kick off @Rex Bezos ?

Right now! Let's get into it...

So these teams who were two that people expected to big things in the tournament had a really poor ranking league campaign by their lofty standards. The @Clrnc City players feel like it's a new beginning for them with a knockout tournament and all form goes out the window.

They make one change to their traditional XI moving Maldini their defensive superstar to left back to accommodate Roberto Ayala moving into central defence. As the players exit the tunnel at the City Ground all eyes are on Wayne Rooney who's come in for FC SUAGA at the expense of the experienced but aging Luis Suarez.

The home fans are right behind City and they're off to an electric start, inside 5 minutes the ball is grabbed from Kimmich by Rijkaard deep in the City half.. he flips a quick pass to Redondo who spins away from Xavi who loses his footing leaving Redondo free to drive into the SUAGA half. A perfectly weighted pass finds Di Maria who glides past Marcelo and using the outside of his left foot he whips a beautfiul cross across the box where Stoichkov runs onto it and half volleys a rocket into the roof of the net. 1-0.

Things go from bad to worse for @SA Gunner and @Uncle Good-Advice as 7 minutes before half time they're ripped to pieces again, a beautiful one-two with Savicevic sends Cafu racing down the right flank, he fires another pin point cross along the box and Stoichkov yet again has another great finish to put City 2-0 up and in the driving seat.

four-goal_bulgarian_striker_hristo_stoichkov_was_a_key_member_of_johan_cruyff_s_dream_team_joined_by_the_likes_of_ronald_koeman_and_michael_laudrup_in_an_exciting_side.jpeg

Almost straight from kick off though everything is flipped on it's head. A loose pass from Rijkaard out to Maldini causes the Italian to lose his balance trying to control it. An alert Rooney nips in and he collapses to the ground after a panicked lunge from the normally calm Italian.

The referee immediately pulls out a red card and @Clrnc explodes on the touchline at the fourth official. The replay though shows Maldini went studs up, the previously bouncing City Ground drains immediately of noise. Some of the SUAGA players pump a fist, their opponent's best player is off.

ac-milans-captain-maldini-holds-his-face-during-the-champions-league-semi-final-second-leg-soccer-match-against-psv-eindhoven-in-eindhoven-ac-milans-captain-paolo-maldini-holds-his-face-during-the-champions-league-semi-final-second-leg-soccer-match-against-psv-eindhoven-at-the-phillips-stadium-in-eindhoven-the-netherlands-may-4-2005-reutersjerry-lampen-2D4328R.jpg

As the half draws to an end the City fans start to wonder if they really are cursed...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Despite being two goals to the good, the @Clrnc team looks shellshocked walking out of the tunnel to kick off the second half. Their rock and emotional leader is in the dressing room and they have a long 45 minutes to get through with ten men.

A difficult decision has to be made and the manager sacrifices the so far excellent Di Maria to get left back cover in Zambrotta onto the pitch. It means City are lining up with a 4-2-1-2 formation as Stoichkov is forced into playing more of a central role alongside Romario.

The SUAGA players look focused and ready to go by contrast and immediately start pushing City back who end up with 10 men behind the ball. 10 minutes into the half and @SA Gunner and @Uncle Good-Advice call Suarez over. They're putting him in for a half hour cameo to try and work his magic.

Rooney makes way and almost immediately the team starts to carve out chances. Suarez drifts centrally in from the right and with the opposition full backs pressed way up Zambrotta doesn't want to follow him and leave a gap. Redondo is too late trying to get to him and Suarez plays a sparkling ball into Henry, he slips past Cafu and he's about to pull the trigger he's bundled over by Redondo making a panicked run into the box... stone cold penalty!

As he's the one fouled Thierry wants no part of the penalty of course and hands off to Shevchenko who...

Steps up and....

SCORES! 2-1!!!

698df74fcf190bd482d1aad3111d90fe.jpg

The advantage is fully with SUAGA now and they're pressing full tilt to try and open up City for an equaliser.

There's no out ball at all for City at present and 70 minutes in their players are flagging for playing entirely without the ball. In desperation to try and get more control in the game Modric comes on for an exhausted Stoichkov who's ran himself into the ground.

Into the final five minutes and it's full survival mode for City, their defenders charge down a shot from Henry and get it half clear but Modric is mobbed by SUAGA players 20 yards from his own goal and all of a sudden De Bruyne has it near the penalty area, he lays in Suarez who pulls it across where they're queuing up at the back post and it's Xavi who puts it into the net.

2014-03-Xavi-Hernandez-Celebration-Goal-Barca-Wallpaper.jpg

The SUAGA players run to the away fans behind the goal and it's all square at 2-2. The City resistance has crumbled.

City do manage to get the ball up the field towards the end and even win a corner. As it comes across Desailly leaps like a salmon, gets great contact and powers it towards goal. Hits flush against the cross bar and after a scramble is hit on to the right post and out by Ayala.

The game ends shortly after... when luck is against you it's really against you.

1680285417819.png

Top Bottom