• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft CL Draft Sign-up Thread and Discussion

The picks

Now onto the admin side.

• The idea is to pick a team of 11 players from the Champions League era
  • You will be looking to pick the best players you possibly can for your team for all areas: goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and attackers
  • The player is picked based upon their performances at their time for the season you chose him for (i.e. if you pick Andriy Shevchenko for AC Milan, his form at Kiev and Chelsea does NOT come into the equation during the competition).
  • You need to select at least one player from the top 5 league in Europe: Premier League (England), La Liga (Spain), Seria A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany) and Ligue 1 (France).
  • For the season that the player is picked, he must have reached at least the quarter final stage of the competition
  • Each player, must have played in at least one Champions League final.
  • Number 1 gets first pick, Number 2 gets second pick, Number 3 gets third pick and so on....
  • When offline, each member will get 2 hours to make their pick, if you miss the window then your pick will be chosen by the Rexdomizer ™.
  • If the next picker is online and active in discussion he has only 20 minutes to make his pick
  • The game will be frozen each night at 9pm GMT and resume at 9am GMT the following morning. You are still free to make your pick in this period if you want to but are under no obligation to do so.
  • The draft order will be drawn at random and will follow the 3rd round reverse snake format. So the same as last time where we flip the order after the second round. This should stop anyone building up an unfair advantage by going first.
  • The season of your player must have reached one of the below stages depending on when that season falls...
Prior to 1994-95: Quarter finals
1994-95 to 1998-99: Semi finals
1999-2000 to 2002-03: 2nd group stage
2003-04 to present day: Quarter finals

• AGAIN, You need to draft a starting XI and five outfield substitutes. The 17th round will consist of backup goalkeepers. You have to draft one Goalkeeper in the first 11 rounds.

That’s it for now. The game will hopefully start at 12 noon GMT on Thursday. That should give everyone enough time to figure out the rules and make plans. We may start earlier depending on sign up.

As I’ve said above there will be a definitive result this time! I’ve set up a custom league ready to be simulated, I just have to add your players once selected and fingers crossed we’ll have the results and champion before the Leeds match 🙏

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ok so on reflection I think it makes sense to just do one player per club rather than club and nationality.

So for example @Juan Matas Beard can pick another Portuguese player but not another Real Madrid player.

Also they’ve got their La Liga player sorted as well.

Sound decision making and genius management as usual by our fearless leader Bezos

Farzad Stoned

You can join with @Riou whom you get along with just fine 😍

I am in mate you think i am going to miss a chance to backseat driver this bus home? Once you got me some redcards I can’t give you the back of the hand. @Riou is officially the kiss of death in the competition so i am fully expecting to be out by round one while @Riou dumps me for greener pastures and advances somehow to the next round

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was hoping someone would bottle Messi and Ronaldo.

F*ck sake first picks in this were such an advantage 💀

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Quick question @Rex Bezos
Does simulator calculates the overall performance of picked player in the season we're getting them for, or it is the overall performance of that player across ALL CL seasons.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Quick question @Rex Bezos
Does simulator calculates the overall performance of picked player in the season we're getting them for, or it is the overall performance of that player across ALL CL seasons.

The season you’ve picked only. I’ve been able to find ratings for every season back to 1992/93.

albakos

Administrator

When @Riou sees @farzad4daarse joining him on his team

Screaming Lets Go GIF by WWE

albakos

Administrator

I am in mate you think i am going to miss a chance to backseat driver this bus home? Once you got me some redcards I can’t give you the back of the hand. @Riou is officially the kiss of death in the competition so i am fully expecting to be out by round one while @Riou dumps me for greener pastures and advances somehow to the next round

Thought you spotted your new tagline so far :lol:

Farzad Stoned

@Rex Bezos if Messi and Ronaldo are taken in a given year can someone select same player from a different year. Or are Messi and Ronaldo off the board for every year?

albakos

Administrator

@Rex Bezos if Messi and Ronaldo are taken in a given year can someone select same player from a different year. Or are Messi and Ronaldo off the board for every year?
Of course not, otherwise every team would have a replica of Messi or Ronaldo from other years when they shone equally as the 1st two years picked 2014 and 2011 :lol:

Farzad Stoned

That would be funny if everyone took a version of Messi or Ronaldo as first pick

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Of course not, otherwise every team would have a replica of Messi or Ronaldo from other years when they shone equally as the 1st two years picked 2014 and 2011 :lol:

Every team would have Messi and Ronaldo they’ve played for like 15 years each 😭

Messi ‘11 and Ronaldo ‘08 vs Messi ‘15 and Ronaldo ‘14 :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom