• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Draw 16.45 BST 28 August

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Pot 1 coef. Pot 2 coef.
------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------
Real Madrid Esp 161.542 Schalke 04 Ger 95.328
FC Barcelona Esp 157.542 Borussia Dortmund Ger 82.328
Bayern München Ger 154.328 Juventus Ita 80.387
Chelsea Eng 140.949 Paris Saint-Germain Fra 80.300
Benfica Por 129.459 Shakhtar Donetsk Ukr 78.193
Atlético Madrid Esp 119.542 FC Basel Sui 75.645
Arsenal *4 Eng 112.949 Zenit St. Petersburg *3 Rus 73.899
FC Porto *4 Por 105.459 Manchester City Eng 72.949

Pot 3 coef. Pot 4 coef.
------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------
Bayer Leverkusen *4 Ger 70.328 Anderlecht Bel 50.260
Olympiakos Piraeus Gre 67.720 AS Roma Ita 39.887
CSKA Moscow Rus 66.899 APOEL Nicosia *3 Cyp 37.650
Ajax Ned 61.862 BATE Borisov ** Bls 33.725
Liverpool Eng 58.949 Ludogorets Razgrad ** Bul 18.125
Sporting CP Lisbon Por 58.459 NK Maribor ** Slo 16.200
Galatasaray Tur 55.340 AS Monaco Fra 11.300
Athletic Bilbao *4 Esp 54.542 Malmö FF ** Swe 6.265

I want Basel, Ajax and Malmo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

PSG, Ajax and Anderlecht for the minimal travel time, also we seem to raise our game when he have tougher teams in our group.

How on earth we finished 2nd in our 2010/11 group is still a mystery, should have walked it.

DontPushMe

We're due for an easy draw. Seem to always get hard draws. Need to win the groupt his year so we can make the quarters.

Best case:
Arsenal
Basel
Ajax
Malmo

Worst case:
Arsenal
Dortmund
Bilbao
Roma

Prediction:
Arsenal
Juventus
Olympiakos (They seem to always end up in our group)
Monaco

I cant think of any group combination that we wouldnt at least get 2nd in barring a real melt down.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
I want at least one glamour tie; one of PSG or Juventus would do nicely.

Traveling to Siberia and playing some team with an unpronounceable name is quite dull at this point.

As an added bonus if we draw Juventus we'll be able to witness Ramsey dominate Vidal/Pogba - providing they don't leave.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
No glamour/tough matches. We always limp to a draw or defeat on the following Sunday after a match like that.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yeah, let's just top the table this time around. Would like to make it past the first knockout round this season.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
DontPushMe said:
We're due for an easy draw. Seem to always get hard draws.
last season was the first time we had a draw that wasnt straight forward in quite a few years.. Montpelier, Olymp, Schalke.... Braga, Partizan, Shakthar... Liege, Olymp, AZ... those were the 3 before last season.. we should have walked those groups

squallkid

Established Member
I think we're away after most of our cl ties soooooo an easy group please.

Last thing this squad needs is something like an away trip to Naples followed by a trip to the etihad two days later.

DontPushMe

USArsenal said:
DontPushMe said:
last season was the first time we had a draw that wasnt straight forward in quite a few years.. Montpelier, Olymp, Schalke.... Braga, Partizan, Shakthar... Liege, Olymp, AZ... those were the 3 before last season.. we should have walked those groups
Yeah you're right. I guess its just the round of 16 where we keep getting hard draws, but a lot of that is self inflicted.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
DontPushMe said:
USArsenal said:
DontPushMe said:
Yeah you're right. I guess its just the round of 16 where we keep getting hard draws, but a lot of that is self inflicted.
that, i agree with..Barca (though, technically, this was the Qtrs), Barca, Milan (when they were still decent), Bayern...

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
no bvb or olymp for a change.

squallkid said:
I think we're away after most of our cl ties soooooo an easy group please.

Last thing this squad needs is something like an away trip to Naples followed by a trip to the etihad two days later.

i agree, i think this happens every season, away trips after cl matches, which is our undoing. except for drawing current or would-be champions in knockout stages.

BobP

Memri Fan
We need to finish top of our group, makes things so much easier. The year Dortmund made their run to the final they came up against Zenit and Malaga in the round of 16 and quarter finals respectively before getting Real Madrid in the semi finals.

I want at the very least a run to the quarters or at best the semis.

entropy13

Established Member
Why does the UEFA site and the Dutch website which is one of the top results in Google (which I [presume the one you used because the numbers are the same LOL) have different coefficient numbers?

Anyway, even Arsenal failing to qualify (and they have) will not make them fall to Pot 2, even if Schalke wins all group stage games and reaches the Final. :lol:

Salieri

@entropy13 AFC would have been in pot 2 if one or both of Manure/Valencia made it into the CL this year. So we're very lucky. Further more. We are sure of going down to pot 2 if we go out in the round of 16 & three out of Juve, PSG, Porto, BVB, Schalke do better than us. What I'm sure of though, is that Manure will be in pot 2 if they make it back to CL next season.

entropy13

Established Member
The "ManU/Valencia" argument is irrelevant, because they didn't.

It seems you haven't really made the calculations. If Schalke (and the other clubs you've mentioned) makes it to the Final and win it it would still not be enough because #1: the difference in coefficients RIGHT NOW is too large for the current maximum performance to completely reduce and #2: the 10/11 coefficients will no longer be counted, drastically reducing Schalke's and Porto's "aggregate" coefficients unless they reach the Semis/Final, in which case they would just offset the loss of the 10/11 coefficients, i.e. back to roughly the same "aggregate" coefficients.

I just made the calculations and unless Dortmund (the one with the highest current aggregate coefficients among Juve, PSG, and BVB) reach the Final while getting at least 4 wins in the group stage and being unbeaten (i.e. draw at worse) through the legs in between, AND Arsenal do badly in the group stages (like 2 wins at best), Arsenal won't be replaced in Pot 1.

If Man Utd qualifies next season for the CL, they will be in pot 2 as they will also experience what Schalke and Porto will experience next season (10/11 no longer counting).

wengerboy

Established Member
Might be me, but it looks like a tough pot two and three draws. Would love to see dortmund vs barca/chelsea

Latest posts

Top Bottom