• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Draw.. Arsenal Face Celta De Vigo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
i dont know why people are saying they arent an attacking threat.. they have very good attacking players..its their first season in the CL and maybe thats why they were a bit cautious.. but with Edu Mostovoi Milosevic McCarthy in the team thats enough of an attacking threat to worry a defense.
We must be very careful.

flotz

flotz said:
can someone please tell me what other games there will be on the day we play celta because here in israel they are showing 2 games each day and i want to know if there a chance tey'll pick our game
thanks
please someone answer!
i know that real - bayern will also be on that day and that chelsea and manchester games are on the other day (wednesday)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
i dont know why people are saying they arent an attacking threat.. they have very good attacking players..its their first season in the CL and maybe thats why they were a bit cautious.. but with Edu Mostovoi Milosevic McCarthy in the team thats enough of an attacking threat to worry a defense.
We must be very careful.

For a start they haven't got McCarthy anymore but they've got the Brazilian striker Catanha. They have got some good attacking players but at least they haven't got Aimar, Valeron, Tristan, Luque, Makaay, Baraja and Carew like Valencia and Deportivo La Coruna have had when we've faced them over the years.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, there is a chance....these are the matches that day:

Celta v. Arsenal
Bayern v Real Madrid
Sparta v. Milan
Lokomotiv Moskva v. Monaco

certainly Real/Bayern will be one of them, then its a toss-up between our match and AC Milan....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i'm sorry, i just cant see this draw being a problem for us.. Vigo got through, but for cryin out loud, they are 17th in La Liga... thats 4th from LAST... they have only won 3 matches.... and Sociedad are UNDER them... of course, all matches in the CL are tough, but we should NOT lose this draw........ this is just my opinion.....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
thats a tricky statement.. BIGGER Spanish sides are good in Europe... (Real, Depor, Valencia).... not so sure about the smaller ones... (such as Celta & Sociedad) i guess time will tell, but i dont see them beating us

jc8gooner

not so sure about the smaller ones... (such as Celta & Sociedad)

They both qualified though, and Arsenal haven't managed this on many occasions in the past, so they can't be that bad. They got here in the first place. I reckon they will a team comparable to Newcastle. On our day, we should beat them , but they will always be a threat.

Arsenal316

Damn, my prediction was correct. I love it when I'm right... :p

Arsenal should have no problem with them. I can see us winning by a 5-0 or 5-1 aggregate.

JazzG

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/...1115146,00.html

Guillem Balague is saying we should go through easily as well. Celta are a defensive team but this season have had defensive problems so Henry should be able to take them on and give them hell! Also they will be under pressure to win at home thus leaving themselves open to counter attacks.

I don't think the team will let complacency set in, if they do Wenger should give me a ring and I'll give them a bollocking to make sure they don't :evil: This is a great chance for us and they should get through comfortably.

I can't believe what you are saying.I think that they are favourites against us.They were better than Valencia last year.
We don't play good against the spanish sides and celta are great defensively.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
jc8gooner said:
not so sure about the smaller ones... (such as Celta & Sociedad)

They both qualified though, and Arsenal haven't managed this on many occasions in the past, so they can't be that bad. They got here in the first place. I reckon they will a team comparable to Newcastle. On our day, we should beat them , but they will always be a threat.

they qualified by the of their teeth in very weak groups... Sociedad beat out Olympiakos & Galatasaray while Vigo beat out Brugge and a surprisingly weak Ajax.... they both only won 2 matches.... im just not as worried about playing them as i would be say Bayern or Stuttgart.... ehh, doesnt matter.. we will see when we play i guess

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
serbiangunner said:
I can't believe what you are saying.I think that they are favourites against us.They were better than Valencia last year.

i think your nuts... no WAY are they favorites against us.. they were second in their group, we thrashed Inter and they are currently 17th in La Liga.. no way are they favorites.... (and i disagree with them being better than Valencia last year)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Celta like to play a defensive game and you can't really do that in these knockout games, whereas this format suits our attacking style of play.

vin de guerre

flotz said:
flotz said:
can someone please tell me what other games there will be on the day we play celta because here in israel they are showing 2 games each day and i want to know if there a chance tey'll pick our game
thanks
please someone answer!
i know that real - bayern will also be on that day and that chelsea and manchester games are on the other day (wednesday)

Flotz there are four (arba) games on each day so thereis a 50% chance we wil see Vigo: GOOONers
I reckon Madrid on 5+ and maybe us on 5

JazzG

Established Member
serbiangunner said:

eh :?

They have conceded 22 goals in 15 games in la liga. They are 16 points behind Valencia in the league. The reason they got in ahead of Valencia was because Valencia collapsed.

I'm not saying they are a bad side but they are a defensive side who look all over the place at the back. They got plenty of time to sort it out but we should win this match.

A

Anonymous

USArsenal said:
i'm sorry, i just cant see this draw being a problem for us.. Vigo got through, but for cryin out loud, they are 17th in La Liga... thats 4th from LAST... they have only won 3 matches.... and Sociedad are UNDER them... of course, all matches in the CL are tough, but we should NOT lose this draw........ this is just my opinion.....

True, but as Wenger said we are not playing them in the league. They have qualified from their group so are no mugs and have some class players.

As they are doing so poorly in the league they will look forward to playing in Europe where they are under no real pressure. This will be a tough game and they shouldnt be underestimated.

JazzG said:
serbiangunner said:

eh :?

They have conceded 22 goals in 15 games in la liga. They are 16 points behind Valencia in the league. The reason they got in ahead of Valencia was because Valencia collapsed.

I'm not saying they are a bad side but they are a defensive side who look all over the place at the back. They got plenty of time to sort it out but we should win this match.

You can't look at their record in la liga.in La liga everyone can beat everyone.They are better and they will be in mid table at the end of the season for sure.
All i am saying is that they defeated valencia away last year something that we could only dream about.And they defeated Ajax something that we could only dream about too.They drew 0:0 with european champions ffs.
And last year they drew with Madrid at Bernabeu....So i really can't see us go through to be honest.

flotz

vin de guerre said:
Flotz there are four (arba) games on each day so thereis a 50% chance we wil see Vigo: GOOONers
I reckon Madrid on 5+ and maybe us on 5
i know there is four game each day i just wanted to know what games are on the day we play to see if there is a chance they'll show our game
if the juventus-deportivo game was on our day as well as the real game i doubt they would have choose to show our game...but i think theyll prefer arsenal-celta to milan -prague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom