• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Olympiacos FC vs Arsenal FC - Wed. Dec 9th, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Did anyone notice that our shape didn't look too bad with Walcott, Giroud and Campbell? Sometimes with other combinations we look a little narrow and people seem to run into each other but it wasn't too bad yesterday even with a half-fit Walcott.

Once Campbell moved to the right, the shape looked good. Campbell gave us the width by staying out wide, and Walcott was able to cut in on the left with cover coming in from Rasmey.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm not surprised we looked better. It was a finally balanced team.

A holder in Flamini ( the weakest aspect) a box to box in Ramsey a creative player in Özil two natural wide men and a big Cf. A team should always perform better when it is balanced.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Bla bla bla...trash talking, talk a bit on football (congrats@billyf). You didn't learn from the first game, we thrash you easy! Still now we are laughing with the 3rd goal, you "believe" it for a moment before but... hahahaha
Lay back and enjoy it, cause you can't avoid! Stop spend your tissues with silly cries, you will need them as i told!

p.s. waiting your Özil to wash the plates at the Karaiskaki restaurant, after the game.

cdb07fe52edfc220cecf3f84017ef78e_XL.jpg

How it taste? A bit bitter surely.

Diogenes

An astonishing performance really - I actually thought Olympiakos looked really sharp for most of the game, but we just serenely rolled right over them.

Everyone was on it - Campbell in particular was glorious, Flamini also put in a great shift - even Chambers managed 3 minutes without falling over. Just a real team performance - one that didn't rely on our star guys carrying us, which is an important development..

And Giroud of course was immense - as good a centre forward display as you could wish for, in every department.

Kinda makes me sad I banned myself from the Giroud thread, I could really go for a gloat right about now.....

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
What are you talking about? Tollington Arms is the best Arsenal hangout there is. And Upmarket, by that I assume you mean clean, civil, and with great food, is always the best option.

I said the Pins is best for watching the football, not as a hangout. Has two giant screens, cheaper beer and far better atmosphere. You can't really argue with that.

The Tollington is somewhere I would go pre and post game at Emirates. Both good though.

ipgs

Nervous to death before the match. Didn't watch. Turn on the computer in the morning to find that Giroud becomes God. You guys/gals are so fabulous. Don't know what I could add. Just copy a reader's mail to Football365:

Congratulations from Manchester
Big congrats to Arsenal, Chelsea and City.

B@st@rds.
Garey (Thursdays ain’t so bad) Vance, MUFC

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I do mind. I mind because I would rather see the Quarters of the CL.
Performance can be offensively or defensively sound the thing is You can have a bad performance and still win you can have a great performance and still lose.

At this stage in the last 16 performances are irrelevant unless you are okay with glorious failure.

Personally, performances is irrelevant the final score is the only thing that matters.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Performance can be offensively or defensively sound the thing is You can have a bad performance and still win you can have a great performance and still lose.

At this stage in the last 16 performances are irrelevant unless you are okay with glorious failure.

Personally, performances is irrelevant the final score is the only thing that matters.

Odd logic. Good performances resulting in protecting your net and scoring at the other end (the definition of a good performance in my book) usually reap the right results. All else is empty excuses.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Tackle Keown:

But last night was a magnificent performance under pressure. They silenced the crowd and it was the perfect away display. Wenger made a few adjustments but I think having Aaron Ramsey in the middle gave the side a greater balance. Mathieu Flamini played an important role in midfield as well but I didn’t like seeing him start to drift forward. Wenger very rarely gives you restrictions as a midfield player but sometimes Flamini needs to restrict himself and sit in that area to disrupt the opposition. But it was a tiny point in what was a great night for the club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oom-complaint-TACKLE-KEOWN.html#ixzz3tvg0tue9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kopzilla

Always Negative
What we did learn during the match was Gdeep surely is a rich lad....probably IS the Punjabi rapper guy...he promised to pay $1000 to charity if we qualified....;)

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Odd logic. Good performances resulting in protecting your net and scoring at the other end (the definition of a good performance in my book) usually reap the right results. All else is empty excuses.
I've seen us put in fantastic performances. Crisp passing, intricate moves and we've lost. Performance comes second to results especially in a knock out competition.

billyf

Pretty mature game from the team. I was very pleased with the boys' performance and especially with Monreal's, Mertesacker's and Campbel's. All stood up to the occasion.

Olympiacos on the other hand look clueless at times and completely illprepared in terms of tactics and mental strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom