• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Qualification or FA Cup Win

Would you rather qualify for CL or Win the FA Cup?

• Qualify for CL

• Win FA Cup

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChefMan21

Champions League. You've got to be in it to win it.

Also, big clubs are in the Champions League and we're a big club, aren't we?

Would love to know the status of Epl winners over the past 15 years in terms of whether they were in the Champions League that year of victory or outside it.

GoonerBoy19

Lets be honest CL qualification should be bare minimum for a club of Arsenal's stature. FA cup once in 5-7 years should be good. A cup win is important once in a while to keep fans and players motivated.

On the other hand CL qualification is mandatory for us, as we are not funded from owners and it will have lot of impact on our finances plus quality of players we will bring in.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cups for me. If a club of our stature is winning the FA cup every other year then it should follow that we qualify for and be a contender for the CL. That was the major disappointment with Wenger's final years. Silverware and success wasnt the catalyst it should have been.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

If you say so, Chief.
Did you see the turn out for the final and the parades? It means a lot. Cl football with no hope of winning it is soulless for a club like Arsenal. That's why for me the Europa has been far more enjoyable. Two seasons in it and we've got to the semi and are currently in the quarter final.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Did you see the turn out for the final and the parades? It means a lot. Cl football with no hope of winning it is soulless for a club like Arsenal. That's why for me the Europa has been far more enjoyable. Two seasons in it and we've got to the semi and are currently in the quarter final.

I just wonder how much having a dislike for Wenger factors in when certain fans put down the cup as well. Allowed them to stick to their guns and not have to give him any credit. Makes you think.

DasBootist

I attended 2 League Cup matches this season at the Emirates. Did I have a good experience both times? I did indeed, but I didn't care that we were knocked out before the final because I know how little the cup matters to a club like Arsenal.

I can't quantify the value of an FA cup in comparison to a league cup, but I know they're both dwarfed by the prestige associated with Champions League clubs.

As for Fa cup parades; imagine the turnout for a parade should Arsenal win the CL.

DasBootist

I just wonder how much having a dislike for Wenger factors in when certain fans put down the cup as well. Allowed them to stick to their guns and not have to give him any credit. Makes you think.
I gave Wenger credit for his most recent cup wins. I gave him more credit for stepping down as manager.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Anyone saying CL needs to do a rethink.

Which do you think people will talk about more in years to come, Ramsey's winner against Chelsea or our victory against Newcastle on the last day a few years back where Kos scored the winner to get us fourth?

Alexis's goal against Villa or when Wenger dropped his head into Pat's lap when we were facing West Brom to qualify for CL?

Yes, yes CL is important but at the end of the day, it shouldn't be an either or proposition for a club like Arsenal. We used to win doubles for crying out loud.

Now we're supposed to choose between 4th place OR the FA Cup? That isn't my Arsenal.

Winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years was very valuable experience for me and something I actually feel I will cherish for rest of my life! I also think it was a good way for Wenger to go out and I think it should be respected a bit more!

If I am to be honest I'm rather dull towards the CL. In last decade it really has felt that we don't belong there, getting destroyed by teams like Barcelona and Bayern on constant basis. We can of course hope as long as we get into the competition that we can fluke our way to victory, but I would feel more excited about the competition if I saw a actually ambition from the club to not only take part but have a clear plan to compete all the way until end!

Nice thread by the way, I think it will allow for a healthy and fun debate!

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I want CL every year for those special games instead of playing Alexander Hleb again when he's 54 on a cold night in Belarus. The FA Cup is great as well, but we need CL more at the moment. It's been too long.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think people need to realise where we are atm. We're a team who haven't been in the CL in two seasons, a team who hasn't got anywhere of note in the CL in a long time and a club who are finishing below the likes of Sp**s and Liverpool for the past however many seasons. Our nearest title run was when we lost to Leicester ffs.

The 3 FA cups were great don't get me wrong, but the club is in a new era supposedly and we need to start this era with champions league football not an FA cup.

Champions League is key to putting Arsenal back at the top.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
we are not in FA cup, so whats the point of this topic?

I didn't claim it referred to this season. Also I explained that posters had mentioned top 4 and cup wins in other threads, hence this thread. Ignore it if you like, its not compulsory!

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I didn't claim it referred to this season. Also I explained that posters had mentioned top 4 and cup wins in other threads, hence this thread. Ignore it if you like, its not compulsory!
just a bit trollish....whats the point of stirring up this hypothetical debate....maybe Europa or CL would be a better question in the current times.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I attended 2 League Cup matches this season at the Emirates. Did I have a good experience both times? I did indeed, but I didn't care that we were knocked out before the final because I know how little the cup matters to a club like Arsenal.

I can't quantify the value of an FA cup in comparison to a league cup, but I know they're both dwarfed by the prestige associated with Champions League clubs.

As for Fa cup parades; imagine the turnout for a parade should Arsenal win the CL.
I don't disagree. But for too long we were in the CL making up the numbers with nk ambition to actually win it. With the EL we have a chance. And with the fa cup we won it.

Like I said the FA cup wins should have been built upon. Then we flopped by signing only Cech and finished second to Leicester. How different things could have been if we built upon that FA cup

Anyway. I'd rather silverware. That's what is remembered. That's what football should be about. Not money. Or modern day fakeness.

Top Bottom