• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Quarter Final - Arsenal v Villarreal | Wed 15/4 | 19:45

el capitan

68997791.gif

63732889.gif

45781498.gif

el capitan

Sorry, I forgot to add, the text is from the Champions League website, the top graphic is from the Arsenal website and the Ade piccie was all that I did (apart from format the text to make it more presentable).

Not gonna take credit for something I didn't type out.

Kain

Established Member
Yep just watching the second half of the Villareal V Malaga game, Senna has picked up an injury and the yellows have been poor, just finished they lost 2-0.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I came on to make the same thread only to find out that it was already here. Top post, capitan.

Here's what I was going to write:

You might call it luck, or even karma or faith if you're swinging that way. It doesn't matter. Senna just went off injured in the home game against Malaga, a minute or so before the guests scored their second goal. He went off despite the fact that Villarreal had already made all their substitutions and were struggling. They're down to ten men right now. He's getting the knee bandaged on the sideline. It doesn't look good. Also, Villarreal has so many players suspended and/or injured that they're forced to play a couple of young reserves.

Now, far be it from me to wish injuries upon other players - ideally I'd prefer to beat our opponents while they've got their best team available so they can't blame it on the players they're missing - but given all the heavy injuries we've suffered the last few days this is great news with wednesday in mind. I hope that the injury isn't serious but that it is serious enough to make him miss the game.

That's all, I think. This is probably the most important game we've played this season and if United continue to play like they do we will face Porto in the next round. So let's hope for that.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Klaus Daimler said:
Also, Villarreal has so many players suspended and/or injured that they're forced to play a couple of young reserves.
You mean in their league, right? Because against us they're all good to go.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Also, Villarreal has so many players suspended and/or injured that they're forced to play a couple of young reserves.
You mean in their league, right? Because against us they're all good to go.
I think so. Don't know how many that are injured though, apart from Cazorla who's out for the remainder of the season and most likely Senna who limped off tonight.

EDIT: Actually, I just read that both Ruben Cani and Mati Fernandez (who replaced Cani at half time against us) were troubled by injuries tonight - not suspensions. Cani had pain in his thigh and Fernandez had injured his ankle. They're both doubts for the game on wednesday.

taylor314gh

yeah, i dont like to wish injury on anyone, but at least the odds seem to be evening out a bit. I think we will play the same back line we did today, and play a defensive minded 4-5-1, something like nasri-denilson-cesc-song-eboue(if walcott is out) with ade up front.

nazo

Established Member
Cazorla broke his leg? i thought he was suspended in the last game.

senna's injury is a big boost for us. he was fantastic in the first leg and barely left cesc alone.

now we just have to rely on our patched up defense to pull through this and we're good to go.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
nazo said:
Cazorla broke his leg?
I think he broke his foot, even. It happened in the game they lost to Ameria a few days before they played us. And to add insult to injury, it wasn't even a challenge. He just fell over and broke it with his own weight. Poor chap.

Double_H

Established Member
phpdsprmwpm.jpg

picture from the away leg ( im the one with away shirt )

anyways Seenna is big LOSS

WE ARE ON OUR WAY

go49oner

Established Member
I would feel more confident about the match if Clichy was playing. This will be huge game for Gibbs, here hoping he has much better game than Wigan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom