• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On their day madrid are capable of ripping apart any defence on this planet. Fortunately for us though, it has not been 'their day' for quite a long time. I would not be surprised though if they do suddenly find their best form when it comes to these 2 legs.

Anyway, the weekend before the first leg at the bernabeu they've got an easy home game against Alaves who are arguably the worst team in la liga so far this season. They are very well capable of resting their entire starting 11 and still manage to get the 3 points. We would have an FA Cup 5th round tie. They cant afford to rest any of their galactico's before the game at highbury though, as they'll have a tough madrid derby to play before hand.

All in all i reckon its an exciting draw, but certainly will not be a walk over. Both teams are obviously struggling domestically and tbh it really could go either way.

Feis-al

Been doing some thinking and I'm wondering if Baptista is happy or just pissed :roll: But Atleast we all have the same problems on the field and I hope we can do better than the Mancs who just decided to give them a standing ovation

A

Anonymous

If a match was ever set up for Reyes this is it!

I have never said we should buy Torres but now we have a great reason!

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i'v wanted to play madrid for years too. but that was when we were both good.

:D

On a serious note, this is the best draw for us (besides Rangers and Bremen that is).

A dream come true for a lot of Gunners.

Muppy

This game is going to be wicked.

Time for the 18 year old of Arsenal to outclass the likes of Beckham, Zidane, Baptista and Pablo Garcia.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game ended in a very high score. If Henry does what Ronaldinho did to Ramos and company, i'm pretty sure they're in deep ****.

wer

i actually wanted Rangers or some other club that is not so 'big'. :p
Real Madrid is crazy. :shock:
The first leg is important, we must make sure we dont lose there and please dont locked this thread cause we need it. ;D
Thanks

sabret00the

Established Member
wer said:
i actually wanted Rangers or some other club that is not so 'big'. :p
Real Madrid is crazy. :shock:
The first leg is important, we must make sure we dont lose there and please dont locked this thread cause we need it. ;D
Thanks
their form is just as **** as ours, we've never played them before and it's a chance to demoralise them further, not to mention piss off a few people and the best news is that it isn't barca.

A

Anonymous

I can see this thread reaching Baptista proportions by late Febuary!

Muppy

Highly Fabregas said:
I can see this thread reaching Baptista proportions by late Febuary!

AHH! Stop destroying the mood. :(

Please ban the word "Baptista", i don't want to remember that thread.

wer

i know they are **** right now but they seem to be more pumped up when playing against big sides.

IBL

Established Member
We need to go to the Bernabeu and show those two chumps Baptista and Robinho what they're missing out on. It'll be a good tie considering the Reyes/Madrid stunt of last season, the amount of time Arsène is always linked with them and now with the Ashley Cole saga.

sabret00the

Established Member
With the return of Ashley we'll see a stronger defence and a slightly strong midfield, his leadership qualities will have a resounding effect, the rest will be just a matter of form and i have a feeling this draw will lift us.

kanooo

I love this draw.

It felt like somebody just kicked me in the ass !!!

This season has been so ****ed up for us and frankly speaking - I'm getting bored of our losses in the Premier League.

If Madrid wins, people will probably say we had no chance because it was against the mighty Madrid.

If we win, we'd prove something to those bastards Baptista (sorry to bring this name up again) and Robinho.

kanooo

Having posted all the bullshit I just wrote, I'm still afraid of them though ;D (who wouldn't?).

Afraid, yet .... excited !!!!

gunner in dubai

Bring them on, this is what i wanted the most exciting draw a gooner would hope for, if we win it will lift our confidence for the rest of the tournment, we need Torres now for SURE!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom