• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

zerofeel

i reckon we got the right kinda team that likes to play football with alot of technique in it..its gonna be a classic match in the making... cant wait!

A

Anonymous

The only Real player I am scared of is Becks. People slag him off quite a bit but he has been fantastic over the last year, he always gives 100% and its him who starts most plays. I know its not the Arsenal way but I would stick Flamini manmarking him.

Gurgen

Established Member
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
i'v wanted to play madrid for years too. but that was when we were both good.

:D

On a serious note, this is the best draw for us (besides Rangers and Bremen that is).

A dream come true for a lot of Gunners.

Should be a cracking trip for the travelling lads as well.

sabret00the

Established Member
gunner in dubai said:
Bring them on, this is what i wanted the most exciting draw a gooner would hope for, if we win it will lift our confidence for the rest of the tournment, we need Torres now for SURE!!!!
you're right it is the most exciting draw a gooner could hope for and it will also be a great showcase to any new talent we're hoping to bring in.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
i'v wanted to play madrid for years too. but that was when we were both good.

:D

On a serious note, this is the best draw for us (besides Rangers and Bremen that is).

A dream come true for a lot of Gunners.

Should be a cracking trip for the travelling lads as well.
bremen would not have suited me in the slightest, they're a very underrated team.

legandary

A perfect game for us. A team that are possibly even less physical than us. This will be all about football, and i will always back this Gunners team when it comes down to a game of skill and ability. I can't wait for this game!

Go you Gunners!

A

Anonymous

If we beat them we will probably get their next manager sacked! :p

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As this is to be much talked about game ,now to quote my youngest 'match of the season' .
I will put this on sticky.

lozzapig

Smartly Dressed Morris said:
Providing our stubborn old manager can bring in a couple of big guns in January im quite optimistic.

Arsenal vs Real will be great , fk the defence it will be all out attack :p

doubt any big guns wont already be cup tied for the cup. any way bring it on!! what a game

kanooo

Highly Fabregas said:
The only Real player I am scared of is Becks. People slag him off quite a bit but he has been fantastic over the last year, he always gives 100% and its him who starts most plays. I know its not the Arsenal way but I would stick Flamini manmarking him.

Are you kidding?

Agree that Becks would be a threat (provided he plays on the right wing).

But what about Ronaldo? He maybe fat. Damn, he may even be a bit ugly. But on his day, he's still very very good. Just ask Manchester United who scored a hatrick at Old Trafford when they met Madrid a few years back.

What about Zidane? Yeah, the guy's getting old. But he can still be a major threat.

I don't rate the other players that highly but still they have a lot of quality.

I'm glad though that Baptista is playing in midfield. His goals have totally dried up since he joined Madrid. Seems that Robinho is also not scoring that much either at the moment, is he?

A

Anonymous

kanooo said:
Highly Fabregas said:

Are you kidding?

But what about Ronaldo? He maybe fat. Damn, he may even be a bit ugly. But on his day, he's still very very good. Just ask Manchester United who scored a hatrick at Old Trafford when they met Madrid a few years back.

What about Zidane? Yeah, the guy's getting old. But he can still be a major threat.

I don't rate the other players that highly but still they have a lot of quality.

I'm glad though that Baptista is playing in midfield. His goals have totally dried up since he joined Madrid. Seems that Robinho is also not scoring that much either at the moment, is he?

Robinho scored a fanstasic goal last weekend. It will be a great match.

dysphoria

Established Member
we've got 2 potential wildcards for this particular game.

Enter Jose Antonio Reyes and Cesc Fabregas.

reyes almost joined em, i hope he shows em what they missed out on and cesc was "poached" by us from barca's youth academy so i doubt he'll be getting a warm reception from the st bernabau. come on lads!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, what can I say?

Immediate reaction was that I'm really excited (it certainly beats Bayern Munchen) but I think we'll get tanked.

That is, unless we can pick ourselves up. I also don't think it's that much of an advantage being at home second, I feel we need a good start at home, not another away day disaster that sees us trying to pick up the pieces at Highbury.

Anyway, if they beat us, well our last CL match at Highbury will be against Real Madrid and that's kinda cool, I think.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kanooo said:
Highly Fabregas said:

Are you kidding?

Ronaldo has scored 1 goal since 10/15.. he hasnt exactly been in sparkling form... but he is still dangerous...

and i think you are all forgetting the fact that Ballack will be most likely signing for Real in January.. although, now that I think about it, he is cup tied, so it doesnt matter.. hehe

Robinho hasnt been playing all that well, but he did score a nice goal last weekend.. and Baptista hasnt done much of anything... in fact, he was on their "second team" for a while...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
RtC, i think that if we can keep it close in Spain, we have a shot.. even last year, where we got spanked at Bayern, we had a shot at home.. we just couldnt pull it off...

i think this is going to be a shootout... i can see 4-5 goals in each match being scored....

A

Anonymous

Is it an advantage to play away in the first leg? I would prefer to play at home first so you 'should' have the advantage going into the second leg.

I think we will beat them. Thierry will be well up for it to show Spain how good he is. Pires, Lauren and Senderos all turned down Real to join us so will be looking to put on a show.

But most of all Fabregas and Reyes I am excited about already. The last time Reyes played Real we all know what happened and you can just see the 18 year old exBarca youth player dominating the Galacticos.

It will take a huge performance from the whole team but I think we will win 3-2 overall then be knocked out by Rangers in the next round :eek:ops:

Latest posts

Top Bottom