• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

sn196

Did anyone see Carlos try and get Henry to get substituted??

Henry was fouled infront of the west stand and Carlos looked at the bench, swirling his hands round for us to take him off!!!!

CLASSIC!!!!

karan kansal

Woke up at 3:30 a.m. to watch the match. Finished at 5:30 a.m. Cried until 7 and then dressed up and went to work.
And i have to agree with what everyone has said about the Lehmann save. It was slow-mo, everything stopped, i didn't hear the commentator, there was no sound.. only the slow-mo pprogression of the ball towards the byline. Lehmann was majestic saving that goal.
Raul was shocked. I think he didn't enter the game at all after that.
Proudly wearing a gooner jersey to work now. Got scolded by my boss for wearing garish clothes to work but screw him!

Hershamgooners

He may be a good player but he is a right p*ick, he moans at the ref at every available point, shouts at our players, tries to make henry get sent off and generally acts like an arse.

Oh well he wasnt quite good enough........

sn196

hes a tosser. when he fouled reyes we were all booing him, he turned round put his hands up as to say ... " eh forget about it" ....wat a toss pot

mistaz23

Meek said:
just a quick question. rather than starting a new thread, I thought i would ask here. but what is the record for the longest time without conceading a goal in europe? We have only conceded 2 goals this season in the UCL.

Milan has the record... I think we need two more clean sheets to tie it :roll:

Henry IV

I was listening to it on Talksport but the commentator was making me so nervous. Every couple of minutes he was telling us how long to go until the final whistle. I turned it off with about fifteen minutes left and then put it back on just after the final whistle. I was elated. Who'd have betted on two clean sheets against Real Madrid? I was so proud of the performance.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Meek said:
Still no team needs to worry, Henry doesn't step up in the big ones.

Normally I would agree. However, over the 2 legs I felt Henry played well. he was well up for it. he had some good moments. I hope he keeps it up.

It was a joke mate, I thoroughly disagree with it, but my bad for forgetting to put a :roll: after that statement.
Meant it as a joke as he was absolutely fantastic in both legs as he usually is in the big ones.

gotnothin

sn196 said:
How did the crowd sound on the TV/Radio??
Coz the atmosphere was electric!!

Unbelievable mate!!! i put the cordless earphones on whilst watching it and it made it even better. The first 20mins sounded like the singing didnt stop!!! :p

sn196

Ahh it was fantastic mate. Im feeling the effects on my throat today though!!!

Such a great experience in the last year at Highbury. Will never forget it!!!

gotnothin

I'm going to have to make a trip over and catch a game!!! Would love to make it before the stadium move but cant see it happening :cry:

ken_75

atmosphere sounded awesome on tv - there was never a pause in noise as far as i could remember.
same feeling regarding THAT save from Lehmann. at first i thought the ball would be hitting Toure and go in - then i thought it hit Toure and went wide - didnt even realise Lehmann had touched it until andy gray said so and watched the replay.
heart came to mouth!

champions04

Great match, had to keep switching to the other matches whenever Real had a dangerous free kick or corner which was farr to often in this match. However great performance from everybody but special mention has to go out to our mad german keeper, when Raul hit the post and I saw the Lehmann on the floor and the ball bouncing into the path of two madrid players, I was just thinking goal, but lo and behold, Raul hit it again and at first I thought he miskicked it until I saw the replay. Cassilas made a great save from Henry. Overall it was end to end stuff with two teams that love to play fast attacking football.

I don't know why but watching Beckham at the end, looking like he wanted to cry, I felt the greatest pity for him. 30yrs old, in a team of aging players who haven't won anything since he arrived. Seems like an honest guy as well

Latest posts+

Top Bottom