• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

Pigfat

So happy, seem to be dreaming, Real Madrid out at the hands of Arsenal. Life seems a lil' bit better these days :lol: onyl english club left too.

Good solid performance, if only Pires had scored that 60 yarder !

The Fans were solid, any of you guys that had tickets, well done, needed the 12th man.

"Aaarrrrr-sssseeee-nnnaaallll, Arrrssenall F.C., We are by far the best team, the world has ever seen", listening to that in a student filled Varsity made me stand on a table and sing, arm-in-arm with my house mate, also a fellow gooner, "Oh to, Oh to be, Oh to be a .... Gooner".

The whiskey got me carried away. Im just glad the table wasnt in full view of everybody...... 8)

vin de guerre

mistaz23 said:
Meek said:
just a quick question. rather than starting a new thread, I thought i would ask here. but what is the record for the longest time without conceading a goal in europe? We have only conceded 2 goals this season in the UCL.

Milan has the record... I think we need two more clean sheets to tie it :roll:

Just one more to equal it and two to break it!

sn196

Did anyone see Ljungberg charge down on the Carlos free-kick.....thats the old freddie back for ya...guts and determination!!!

Double_H

Established Member
its been a Longtime that i havnt post here(Busywith exams)
But This is a Historical moment to any ArsenalFan

1-the First english team to beat Real in the Bernabu

2-WE ended real's Glactecos ERA

now back to the team

Ive always said that Hleb wont make it here at Arsenal ( i wont take my words back too early) But
He is showing Great Commetmen and if he keep doin this he will be a great player for US.
im totally impressed with the HLEB Eboue Connection
they Look Class and it doesnt look like thee where playin only 2 games . They Understand HOW they Move.

Toure is one of the best Defender in The world
Phill Is a great great great player ..but his Problem is Lack of confidence ..he wont make it at all unless he loss that

Flamini is doing his best and playing his heart off
but at the end it was Beckham (if it was somone else ..it woulve been a disaster) Thanks Flamini we know that you are not playin at CM .

Mad Jens .......CLASS ,Kahn go **** your self
that save alone should give him the spot at the Worldcup.

Reyes,freddie,Hleb,Cesc and Gilberto are the only players we can Put in our Midfield if we wants to play 4-5-1

The Team won ....and we Know that we have Quality players .
and with time We may go back to the Unbeatin season ;)

huyha123

f4evo said:
baptista was a joke!
what a f****g joke and we tried to sign him, oh my f****g god, i decide to go out and get wasted, and all arsenal fans should do so!

if he come to us, play in midfield week in week out, he will be much better. I think.

Meek

invisibleman18 said:
Meek said:
Still no team needs to worry, Henry doesn't step up in the big ones.

Normally I would agree. However, over the 2 legs I felt Henry played well. he was well up for it. he had some good moments. I hope he keeps it up.

It was a joke mate, I thoroughly disagree with it, but my bad for forgetting to put a :roll: after that statement.
Meant it as a joke as he was absolutely fantastic in both legs as he usually is in the big ones.

alright dude. fair enough. I can normally tell when someone is being sarcastic, dunno why I thought any different this time. apologies.

Meek

vin de guerre said:
mistaz23 said:
Meek said:
just a quick question. rather than starting a new thread, I thought i would ask here. but what is the record for the longest time without conceading a goal in europe? We have only conceded 2 goals this season in the UCL.

Milan has the record... I think we need two more clean sheets to tie it :roll:

Just one more to equal it and two to break it!

awesome. thanks a lot.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
What a ****ing night that was!

Finally got to bed about 4 in the moring, woke up this morning with a killer hangover.

That has to rank as one of the best nights of my life ever.

The atmoshpere was just unreal, the sheer emotion at Highbury last night was something I dont think I have ever experienced before.

Just so pround to support Arsenal.

Cant wait for the draw now, I really fancy our chances over two legs against anyone.

barçalover

congratulations you're big

Hello guners!!!!Just to say thanx for the beaten of the realfuck madrid this is a glorious day for all of you and for us cause our eternal enemy has been defeated for my definetely favourite club in England since yesterday Arsenal, Barça sempre & Arsenal too, you'll be well recibed in Barcelona, that's for you to know, good luck in Premiership and try to win it cause Cheslsea is less strong than it seems believe me, bona sort!!!!!! :D :D

Double_H

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
What a f****g night that was!

Finally got to bed about 4 in the moring, woke up this morning with a killer hangover.

The atmoshpere was just unreal, the sheer emotion at Highbury last night was something I dont think I have ever experienced before.

Cant wait for the draw now, I really fancy our chances over two legs against anyone.

I woke up with a Killer Pain in my Tooth ( I just took off My wisdom tooth )

but still one of the greatest Moment in an arsenal fan ..just like i mentioned before

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Re: congratulations you're big

barçalover said:
Hello guners!!!!Just to say thanx for the beaten of the realfuck madrid this is a glorious day for all of you and for us cause our eternal enemy has been defeated for my definetely favourite club in England since yesterday Arsenal, Barça sempre & Arsenal too, you'll be well recibed in Barcelona, that's for you to know, good luck in Premiership and try to win it cause Cheslsea is less strong than it seems believe me, bona sort!!!!!! :D :D

:lol: :lol:

You're welcome.

I'll return the compliment and thank you muchly for turning Chelsea over :D :D

Arsenal Barcelona - what a final that'd be!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
sn196 said:
Did anyone see Carlos try and get Henry to get substituted??

Henry was fouled infront of the west stand and Carlos looked at the bench, swirling his hands round for us to take him off!!!!

CLASSIC!!!!

yeah i saw that but i'm not sure if that was what he meant.

from my point of view, carlos seemed to made that gesture to the officials suggesting that "this swirling motion is how i think ronaldo's tummy shape is right now".

i don't know.

i dont speak portuguese or spanish.

real "mierda" madrid :lol:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Just read the As.com match report, you would think Madrid battered us last night the way they've carried on. Though I did like this: Era la última gran noche europea del viejo Highbury o la última de las viejas estrellas del Real Madrid. Y ganó el estadio.

Simply put- It was the last great european night for old Highbury or the last for Real Madrid's old stars. And the stadium won.

I think the very last sentence sums up what happened last night. The players were like men possessed, and what support! Great to hear it for once.

dbergyisnumerouno

JOY TO THE WORLD! IT IS GREAT TO BE AN ARSENAL FAN! i just want to bask in this victory! come on gunners, it's full steam ahead! show all the doubters what we are made of.

just want to add that hleb, toure, eboue and lehman were fantastic yesterday, and the rest played well too.

well done to all gooners who cheered the team on yesterday! you guys were fantastic!

Tony Montana

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Just read the As.com match report, you would think Madrid battered us last night the way they've carried on. Though I did like this: Era la última gran noche europea del viejo Highbury o la última de las viejas estrellas del Real Madrid. Y ganó el estadio.

Simply put- It was the last great european night for old Highbury or the last for Real Madrid's old stars. And the stadium won.

I think the very last sentence sums up what happened last night. The players were like men possessed, and what support! Great to hear it for once.

Do you speak Spanish?

Anyway, I'm still buzzing and I'm so proud to be a gooner. I know it's easy to say because we've just beaten Madrid but it's the fact that we played the Arsenal way and beat the club known for their scintillating football. Our young players were simply awesome as was Henry and Ljungberg. Everyone was great, even Senderos who as far as i'm concerned only made one howler which was to boot a clearence over the bar.

It's a shame we didn't score and it wasn't just down to Casillas either. We should have been more clinical and we must take our chances against better teams but for now I'm going to enjoy it until Sunday when we play the current European champions. :wink:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
RocktheCasbah said:

Do you speak Spanish?

Errrrr, que te piensas?

:wink:

James

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:

Exactly what i was thinking on my drive home last night.

Never experienced so much passion/emotion/suspense at Highbury in the 15 years i've been going.

Unreal.

scruzgooner

Meek said:

apparently we're one off of milan's 7-game record. if we don't concede in the first leg of the quarters we share it, and go front if we don't concede in the second.

Top Bottom