• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

marco

Unbelivable!
the emotion at full time was out of this world!

All you ever hear about is the great northern atmosphere etc which is bullshit anyway but anyone at highbury last night knows that they saw and experienced something special

Tony Montana

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Tony Montana said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Just read the As.com match report, you would think Madrid battered us last night the way they've carried on. Though I did like this: Era la última gran noche europea del viejo Highbury o la última de las viejas estrellas del Real Madrid. Y ganó el estadio.

Simply put- It was the last great european night for old Highbury or the last for Real Madrid's old stars. And the stadium won.

I think the very last sentence sums up what happened last night. The players were like men possessed, and what support! Great to hear it for once.

Do you speak Spanish?

Errrrr, que te piensas?

:wink:

Are you actually spanish? :wink:

(By the way i'm not)

Tony Montana

Established Member
marco said:
Unbelivable!
the emotion at full time was out of this world!

All you ever hear about is the great northern atmosphere etc which is bullshit anyway but anyone at highbury last night knows that they saw and experienced something special

Was it one of the best atmospheres you've heard at Highbury?

Was it like the 1980s when everywhere was fantastic, north or south?

By the way, being Northern doesn't make you intrinsically more passionate or louder, that's bollocks as you say marco. I saw people going mental in the clock end (I think). I hope it will be like that on Sunday.

AFC no1.

sorry im new to this but i have been reading these posts for a few months so bare with me if somebody has already said this but when baptista came on did everybody at highbury sing "you will never play for arsenal" if they did classic :?:

Tony Montana

Established Member
AFC no1. said:
sorry im new to this but i have been reading these posts for a few months so bare with me if somebody has already said this but when baptista came on did everybody at highbury sing "you will never play for arsenal" if they did classic :?:

Yes they did. I doubt that he understood the crowd though.

AFC no1.

thanks but it was hilarious i have to admit maybe if the crowd booed him everytime he touched the ball that would of got through to his thick head lol. he looks built or is that just fat close competition between him and ronaldo :lol:

scruzgooner

what a game!!! :clap

our lads played some serious footy last night. well-oiled wouldn't really describe it, as there were mistakes and fluffed lines on both sides. but it was "club football" at the highest level, in the sense that these are clubs of men playing a game they love, at root because they love it. and that was clear in the game, and in the interactions of the players on the pitch in and after the game (for the most part; roberto carlos is an excellent defender, but showed himself to be the biggest **** on the field :evil:); conversely, raul showed he's a gentleman and actually cares if he has hurt someone, a pro's pro, as well as being a hell of a footballer :respect).

i like where this arsenal team shows their strength. the defense was excellent, and the midfield held the ball well, and got stuck in regularly. hleb was just a dynamo, as was reyes; i sure wish reyes would stay on his bloody feet, though. bert was strong, and freddie had some great moments.

oddly enough, the back line was *solid* even though it only contained one first team regular (kolo), and one makeshift left back (flamini). we're potentially *better* on the back line, though not as experienced, with eboue, toure, senderos, and flamini, rather than lauren, toure, campbell, and cole. flamini seems to be tougher than cole, and is making the position something of his own. can he be wenger's next conversion from a midfielder to an ace defender (see cole and toure)? eboue is like a young lauren, needing some work on where to be when, but strong, skilled on the ball, and tough as nails. and phil is learning that one bad game does not mark him as a player, and recovered well from the one fluff (when he tried to clear a beckham volley from ten feet in front of goal, miskicked it, and nearly sent it into the goal :shock:) he had during the game. otherwise he was a rock.

maybe this is the new defensive legacy of the gunners, all young and ready to mold into a back four over the next decade? adams, dixon, bould, and winterbottom....here we come again?

Top Bottom