• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverCanuck

But that is exactly it. You can't really judge the scout until the project is over. Most WC talents usually show their spark early, but not always. Kane is an example of this. Do you think the scouts were congratulated for Kane while he was failing his loan spells before anybody knew who he was.
Our scouting needs work. Won't deny that, but this is not a department that can necessarily be judged over just a season. It takes some time to analyse the network you have.
Kane joined the scums at such a young age that the scouts can't possibly take credit for. If anything, you can credit their development program. Nelson, while not yet cannot be considered WC, falls under the same category.

As for Holding, and Bellerin for that matter, the jury is still out, as you said.

Even if those two become really good, it has been too many years since Judas for me to make the judgement that our scouting network has under performed.

Come to think of it, the last gem we have unearthed is actually Adebayor. For a couple of years, he was virtually unplayable. Even though he had fallen off since he left us, you can still see the talent there.

If we can get this right, we can level the playing field somewhat against the likes of City and Utd.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That great news he is the one who got the likes lewa kagawa auba Hummels dembele etc.. To Dortmund.

Interesting transfer windows ahead.

Wasn't he just the chief scout? In which case the actual recruitment of those players would've been down to Zorc. Those players were kind of no secret, so while it's definitely a step in the right direction, I feel that the appointment of someone like Zorc in a Director of Football role would be the major power move. Especially since they know each other so well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
$

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't he just the chief scout? In which case the actual recruitment of those players would've been down to Zorc. Those players were kind of no secret, so while it's definitely a step in the right direction, I feel that the appointment of someone like Zorc in a Director of Football role would be the major power move. Especially since they know each other so well.
I think he is the one who recommended those players to the manager and Zorc

Zaza

Well this means there's no chance of Tuchel replacing Wenger. I honestly think Wenger will leave/replaced after this deal.
Gazidis is putting all the structures in place. The barca guy will probably come beginning of next season and a director of football whether Wenger likes it or not.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Hope there will be some typical German discipline enforced for our youngsters(slackers) from next season:

Sven bringing in youngsters, Per taking over as youth coach and the Mad Jens to scare the bejesus out of them

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal's new head of recruitment has admitted he is already under huge pressure to deliver impressive signings.

Sven Mislintat joined the Gunners last month after 10 years with Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund.

The 45-year-old helped sign numerous high profile names during his time at the Westfalenstadion. Players such as Mats Hummels, Shinji Kagawa, Robert Lewandowski, Ilkay Gundogan, Ousmane Dembele and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were all brought in on his watch.

That track record earned him a move to Arsenal, but Mislintat admitted that his portfolio of work has also brought added pressure.

"Going by the press in England and Germany, they expect me to sign a Dembele in each transfer window," Mislintat told Kicker.

"I'm being put on an incredibly high pedestal."

Mislintat's departure from Dortmund was not an entirely smooth one after he fell out with the club's hierarchy and former manager Thomas Tuchel . There are, however, no hard feelings.

"There were many things in that time that I would have preferred to do without, and the same goes for Thomas Tuchel too, probably. In the end it damaged us all," he added.

"I only said that this time inspired me to do something different. There was not just one reason.

"I'm not mad at anyone, on the contrary, I find it extremely brave what Watzke said at the membership and shareholder meeting. To take responsibility in a difficult phase for the club has my greatest respect."

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

"Going by the press in England and Germany, they expect me to sign a Dembele in each transfer window," Mislintat told Kicker.

He's exaggerating, just each summer will be good enough!

Haha. It's always funny when you get a person who has been brought up in the football culture in another country coming over to England. The initial shock over how clueless our football media is always amuses me.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Interview translated from Arseblog. Interesting he started life as a opposition analyst. Think he might push for Oliver Torres ;)

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/12/sv...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

That gives a good insight into his character. I think he'll do a good job and the fact we know what he looks like already gives him an advantage over **** Law :) I like this guy already and I like these 2 comments:

Wenger was divisive early in the year. Isn’t it inevitable a manager of 21 years will be worn out?

Sir Alex Ferguson was in his job longer. At the end of May, Wenger won the cup. For the seventh time in 21 years. On top of his three league title wins. I find it really difficult to deny his success. I’m excited to work with him! I can only learn from someone who has proven his quality over decades.

Is there an agreement, as Dortmund allowed you to leave, that you won’t sign any Dortmund players?

No. I have the utmost respect for my old club. In all aspects. But, the fact is, we’re rivals now.

Giroud

Established Member

BobP

Memri Fan
If you're looking for a Cazorla replacement you couldn't do much better than Oliver Torres who brings a lot of similar skills to the table.

He's also been frozen out by Conceicao at Porto strangely so he might push for a move too.

I was surprised that Atletico let him go in the first place.

Being one of the more talented academy products to have come through.

Might say something about the sort of player he is because Atletico and Simeone aren't the type to let such a player go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom