• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: Kai The Redeemer

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
That's the sad thing, Havertz has inadvertently made the tanker look like a club legend now.
I am not even saying i was happy with Giroud. I thought he had his qualities but should be a back up 9. By the way without Wenger’s downfall Giroud we would have never got Auba. I don’t think Giroud is Arsenal level either at striker. But he is way, way closer than Kai

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

I am not even saying i was happy with Giroud. I thought he had his qualities but should be a back up 9. By the way without Wenger’s downfall Giroud we would have never got Auba. I don’t think Giroud is Arsenal level either at striker. But he is way, way closer than Kai

I didn't even like Giroud and got a migraine picking between these two sh*tters. I'd prob pick Havertz since he's newer and hasn't outright failed us yet he could still turn out ok. Maybe I'm just a big fat hater.

Giroud had too long a run as main striker, atleast Havertz touches bench or can play other positions.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Giroud was too slow for our play, Kai can atleast run. Giroud was very good in his own way, i actually think he was better when he left us.

Farzad

I didn't even like Giroud and got a migraine picking between these two sh*tters. I'd prob pick Havertz since he's newer and hasn't outright failed us yet he could turn out ok.
Giroud scored double the strike rate of Kai in his 6 years at Arsenal to what Kai has shown in this league. Havertz is a low level premier league striker. If Giroud is not good enough than the guy scoring half as much is worse; it’s pretty simple to me and easy choice

Farzad

Giroud was too slow for our play, Kai can atleast run. Giroud was very good in his own way, i actually think he was better when he left us.
He scored 12 goals in league per year avg; will Kai get 12 this year? Has he ever in premier league. His best season is way below Giroud’s average. You got a soft spot for Kai; i don’t have that problem

Bucephalus

I’d say that Giroud has impressively good career.
1 Ligue 1 title (Montpellier), 1 Serie A title (AC Milan), 4 FA cups (3 with Arsenal, 1 with Chelsea), 1 CL with Chelsea, 1 Europa league with Chelsea, 1 World Cup with France
Best goal scorer for French NT.

It will be very difficult for Havertz to surpass Giroud.
Don't forget his ten minute cameo as keeper!

But no. Giroud was very, very, good. Maddeningly frustrating with his finishing--equal chances of a magic flick out of nothing or scuffing it from three yards out--but very, very good overall. And no one was going to look like a good finisher by comparison after Bergkamp, Henry and RVP. Anyone who has a career equal to Giroud should be very proud.

Farzad

Here was trade off with Giroud; he would miss a gimme, then sometimes you could hoof a nothing ball to him most sane strikers wouldn’t even risk for such a low Xg chance; Ollie would barrel in get a thigh or shoulder or head to a scrum he created in front of the goalie and somehow force it in the net. He would waste chances to score a striker should make, then he would also score goals that other strikers wouldn’t be capable of creating or getting on the end of

Bucephalus

Here was trade off with Giroud; he would miss a gimme, then sometimes you could hoof a nothing ball to him most sane strikers wouldn’t even risk for such a low Xg chance; Ollie would barrel in get a thigh or shoulder or head to a scrum he created in front of the goalie and somehow force it in the net. He would waste chances to score a striker should make, then he would also score goals that other strikers wouldn’t be capable of creating or getting on the end of
Like, sadly, his goal in the EL final. It was a terrible cross, nearly a yard behind him, and few people other than Giroud could have gotten that both on target and with power.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He scored 12 goals in league per year avg; will Kai get 12 this year? Has he ever in premier league. His best season is way below Giroud’s average. You got a soft spot for Kai; i don’t have that problem
Mate, hes got 7 in 2/3 of the season..He could hit 10 which is a decent return. I dont have a soft spot for the bloke, i just think he deserves a chance with some slack given.

Farzad

Mate, hes got 7 in 2/3 of the season..He could hit 10 which is a decent return. I dont have a soft spot for the bloke, i just think he deserves a chance with some slack given.
Ok let’s see. Giroud’s average was 12 in league; and we all agree he wasn’t good enough

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think saying 'Go and sign a 9' is lazy. Like who in world football? There's no RVP going spare these days. Most options available are worse than Jesus and Havertz

I've come round to the idea of a guy like Osimhen as he's got similar attributes to Havertz but a much more natural forward, but obviously he'd cost huge money.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Giroud vs Havertz. FFS, it's like picking between Syphilis or Gonorrhoea. Whether you lean on the Frenchman or the German, I think we can all agree that neither should be a starter. I would tolerate Giroud a lot more if he was the second-choice striker. Let's hope Arteta doesn't make the mistakes Wenger did.

Interestingly, Havertz encompasses two frustratingly decisive players of yesteryear - Ramsey and Giroud. When Havertz is a midfielder, he has all of Ramsey's poor traits, and when he's a forward he plays like a prepubescent Giroud.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

@A_G when Kai scores the goal that wins us the Prem...

E5ZWIW3XwAEtrnl

Then follows it up with the winner in the Champions League final for us...

E5ZWIW7WUAQTh0K

Gonna be proper scenes!

fute

Its telling aswell that Tets is picking Kai over Eddie, the latter is done here.
Kai is taller and faster, and produces more like what you expect from a backup striker.

Eddie has to produce. If a guy is producing more at your position then you gotta sit.

The more interesting move is what Arteta does once Jesus is healthy.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, June 17

Arsenal will demand £20m to sell Jakub Kiwior - a fee Juventus cannot afford [Daily Mirror]

Arsenal will attempt to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen in the coming days, but for an amount less than his release clause [RaiSport]

Arsenal only value Osimhen at €75, half his release clause [Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli]

Latest posts

Top Bottom