• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: Kai The Redeemer

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buhry

Established Member

His performances as CF in 2024 have been as good as you can really ask unless you have a truly elite cf. His output has been great and he isn't taking penalties to stat pad like many of the others on that list. And clearly he has a winning mentality because he is been one of our very best players in the run-in, outside of villa but I blame that one on mikel for messing with the lineup again. He's really grown on me, I'm happy that he is now actually not looking like a flop anymore. But the CM experiment needs to end for good, he doesn't have the skillset to play there. Also he seems like a great guy. Hard not to like him right now!

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
His performances as CF in 2024 have been as good as you can really ask unless you have a truly elite cf. His output has been great and he isn't taking penalties to stat pad like many of the others on that list. And clearly he has a winning mentality because he is been one of our very best players in the run-in, outside of villa but I blame that one on mikel for messing with the lineup again. He's really grown on me, I'm happy that he is now actually not looking like a flop anymore. But the CM experiment needs to end for good, he doesn't have the skillset to play there. Also he seems like a great guy. Hard not to like him right now!
Yeah he would've finished 2nd top scorer level with Palmer if he had taken (and scored ofc) all of our pens.

He has the best penalty scoring rate out of all our players no? (Outside the small Ødegaard sample) Wonder if there's a discussion about making him the designated taker if he goes into next season as our main CF. I think I'd still prefer Saka in a high stakes moment, but that may be favoritism, Havertz did seem like one of our most composed players in the run in.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Put an in-form Jesus as striker and in-form Kai in midfield, we would still won the games we had won.

On paper, we put Kai on top after Jesus' got injured, but the amount of time he operated in midfield, or drop back, was pretty much the same time he played as a midfielder and run behind defenders.

Even when he was a midfielder for us, Raya would punt the ball up, and Kai would move up and try to knock it down or head the ball to someone. Same like when he was the striker.
When we press, it would be still Ode and him the first two to press.

The only difference is, we have a ball passing 6 on the field, when Kai played as striker.
By using your stat, I can also say, Rice "failed" to be that passing 6, instead of having a dig on Kai or Arteta.

Some posters here said before, it was just about the timing.
The first few months Kai was learning and adapting the new system, while Arteta put him as a LCM and made him look like he could not do a job there. Once he was starting to gain confidence and knowing his teammates and system, he flourished. It could be just coincidence that Jesus was injured and Kai was about to excel and made him look like he should only be our striker.
In other words, he was going to improve no matter what position he was playing.

Some also mentioned that, the Brentford game that we won 2-1 and Kai scored the winner, Jesus took the striker place and Kai moved back to midfield (still scored), and the Villa game you always mentioned, we could have put that game away in the first half. Kai missed some chances, Saka did, Trossard did. We had a really good first half in that game and Kai was the midfielder. The whole team fluffed in the second half and we lost not because Kai was playing midfield.

Partey was injured, Zinchenko was injured, Jorgi was not fit, and turned out Martinelli had a huge dip in performance (not because of Kai). The whole thing made the LCM far more difficult to perform as usual.

fute

Put an in-form Jesus as striker and in-form Kai in midfield, we would still won the games we had won.

On paper, we put Kai on top after Jesus' got injured, but the amount of time he operated in midfield, or drop back, was pretty much the same time he played as a midfielder and run behind defenders.

Even when he was a midfielder for us, Raya would punt the ball up, and Kai would move up and try to knock it down or head the ball to someone. Same like when he was the striker.
When we press, it would be still Ode and him the first two to press.

The only difference is, we have a ball passing 6 on the field, when Kai played as striker.
By using your stat, I can also say, Rice "failed" to be that passing 6, instead of having a dig on Kai or Arteta.

Some posters here said before, it was just about the timing.
The first few months Kai was learning and adapting the new system, while Arteta put him as a LCM and made him look like he could not do a job there. Once he was starting to gain confidence and knowing his teammates and system, he flourished. It could be just coincidence that Jesus was injured and Kai was about to excel and made him look like he should only be our striker.
In other words, he was going to improve no matter what position he was playing.

Some also mentioned that, the Brentford game that we won 2-1 and Kai scored the winner, Jesus took the striker place and Kai moved back to midfield (still scored), and the Villa game you always mentioned, we could have put that game away in the first half. Kai missed some chances, Saka did, Trossard did. We had a really good first half in that game and Kai was the midfielder. The whole team fluffed in the second half and we lost not because Kai was playing midfield.

Partey was injured, Zinchenko was injured, Jorgi was not fit, and turned out Martinelli had a huge dip in performance (not because of Kai). The whole thing made the LCM far more difficult to perform as usual.
juelz-talking.gif

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The last 6-7 games he looked exactly like the Leverkusen Havertz that every club in Europe wanted. The confidence was there, the first touch was better, the hold up play was excellent, the link up play was coming off, man even started doing step overs and running at people again. It was stunning to watch. More and more, I think he's the 9 for the next couple of seasons. We need a Mane on the left. Havertz is the Firmino with more goals in his game.

HattoriHanzo

Havertz now looks very good.
The only problem is that it took a half of season to make him to play like that.
And in first half of season we dropped many points.
Somebody might say that these points cost us in the end.

Tom Mix

This guy has made me eat half my hat and enjoy the taste. I was never anti him but I felt we overpaid (still do given the circumstances Chelsea were in).

I don't think he will ever be a top top striker because his finishing is still erratic but he can work on that. Very good in the air and he now looks confident and has grown into the team. His insouciance of the first half of the season has also moderated, he now looks like someone who is happy to be here and the great support the fans have given him is a big part of that.

Now he has to kick on, not that difficult, and become at least a 15/20 goals a season player. And keep up those assists and knockdowns.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Havertz now looks very good.
The only problem is that it took a half of season to make him to play like that.
And in first half of season we dropped many points.
Somebody might say that these points cost us in the end.

We were also rotating between Jesus, Trossard and Nketiah in that period.

I’d be more inclined to say it’s that situation that lost us those points.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We were also rotating between Jesus, Trossard and Nketiah in that period.

I’d be more inclined to say it’s that situation that lost us those points.

It was a bit of a double whammy. We had Kai, a forward, masquerading as a midfield player, as well as forwards like Eddie getting too many minutes. I’m convinced if we moved Kai to CF earlier we’ve had gotten those extra few points.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Least we know what to do with him now, tbh.

We either start up at CF, or not at all...if we buy a new starting striker and play Kai in midfield again next season, surely not Mikel 😅

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I love the comradery of this group. I can't wait to see them win everything together.

This looks like a scene out of Wolf of Wall Street.

Martin: “I can’t believe it actually worked”.

Kai: “I know. Those smucks at North London actually thought i was a midfielder. £60 million down my drain and straight into my ****ing pockeeeeeeet”

Both men laugh into the sunset and then the scene cut with Kai snorting coke off a hooker’s plastic boobs while Martin ingests Qualuudes.

End scene.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
This looks like a scene out of Wolf of Wall Street.

Martin: “I can’t believe it actually worked”.

Kai: “I know. Those smucks at North London actually thought i was a midfielder. £60 million down my drain and straight into my ****ing pockeeeeeeet”

Both men laugh into the sunset and then the scene cut with Kai snorting coke off a hooker’s plastic boobs while Martin ingests Qualuudes.

End scene.

Nah WOWS would have the scene ending with Martin Belfortegard crashing the boat 👏

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Drogba is one of those that you can't judge just based on stats or goal records. It doesn't tell the full story.

On paper he's not that special but he was a hell of an all round talent and a big game player.

If he were around today with the way football has evolved he'd get much more praise.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

The last 6-7 games he looked exactly like the Leverkusen Havertz that every club in Europe wanted. The confidence was there, the first touch was better, the hold up play was excellent, the link up play was coming off, man even started doing step overs and running at people again. It was stunning to watch. More and more, I think he's the 9 for the next couple of seasons. We need a Mane on the left. Havertz is the Firmino with more goals in his game.

Look at Atalanta during the final. scamacca as their 9 doing the Havertz role but with less talent. Lookman just eating up the space and getting played on. Just get us a LW who can match that sort of output and our issues upfront wiill improve massively.

Tnegs

Drogba is one of those that you can't judge just based on stats or goal records. It doesn't tell the full story.

On paper he's not that special but he was a hell of an all round talent and a big game player.

If he were around today with the way football has evolved he'd get much more praise.
As an Arsenal fan it’s hard to argue against Drogba the man was world class whenever he played against us. He was a huge part of the success Chelsea had without having a great goalscoring record and he was a brilliant player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Giroud is one of those that you can't judge just based on stats or goal records. It doesn't tell the full story.

Still works.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, June 17

Arsenal will demand £20m to sell Jakub Kiwior - a fee Juventus cannot afford [Daily Mirror]

Arsenal will attempt to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen in the coming days, but for an amount less than his release clause [RaiSport]

Arsenal only value Osimhen at €75, half his release clause [Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli]

Latest posts

Top Bottom