• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: Kai The Redeemer

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
19 g/a in 17 games at CF this season including yesterday. You want consistency in the league and he seems to have it (at least for now). And we had no trouble scoring goals overall.
The guy we saw in the last handful of games after Villa could start as a 9 for virtually anyone. The way he was linking play and winning the ball in the air along with his press was exceptional. If he can be that guy over a full season, you're talking close to 20 and 10 in the league alone along with all of the dirty work and what he provides off the ball.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

19 g/a in 17 games at CF this season including yesterday. You want consistency in the league and he seems to have it (at least for now). And we had no trouble scoring goals overall.

Let’s be honest, he’s absolutely embarrassed all of AM and has proven to be more than an adequate striker and were most likely not buying a top one because of his form.

He’s been really good and I don’t like saying it.

fute

The guy we saw in the last handful of games after Villa could start as a 9 for virtually anyone. The way he was linking play and winning the ball in the air along with his press was exceptional. If he can be that guy over a full season, you're talking close to 20 and 10 in the league alone along with all of the dirty work and what he provides off the ball.

He was playing well before the Villa game too. That is why moving him back to midfield for that game was a head scratcher and the nail in the coffin for the title.

He has been solid for us at CF.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He was playing well before the Villa game too. That is why moving him back to midfield for that game was a head scratcher and the nail in the coffin for the title.

I agree but I think post Villa he went to another level because I felt that his on-ball exploits caught up to the rest of his play. He was much more confident on the ball and he was trying and executing things that we hadn't seen since he was at Leverkusen. He was good at CF all season but the guy I saw post Villa was the best version of Havertz.

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
Us not winning the Premier League last season was down to Arteta moving Kai away from the CF position v Villa, if Havertz played upfront in that game we would be champions now.

You absolutely can win trophies with him as your CF, Chelski won the Champions League with him.
What makes you say that?
That first half with him in midfield was some of the best football we played all season. We should've been up by at least two goals at HT and I'm being generous to Villa.
We didn't fluff our chances nor did Emi turn into prime Buffon chance because Havertz was playing in midfield.

Anyway, what is indeed factual here is that we conceded both goals after Jorginho came on and Havertz moved up top.

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
He's in top form at the minute. His confidence is very much back.

Bound to carry over to the next season. If he stays injury free I think he'll get ~40 G/As across all comps, regardless of whether he plays up front or further back as a second striker.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Think a lot of people are still going off the hot and cold Havertz of Chelsea in terms of reputation and not seeing how his game has changed. I even said previously I hate confidence being used as an excuse for players but whatever it is, Havertz has clearly clicked into gear.

People with longer memories will remember that both Henry and Bergkamp had rather uninspiring stints at clubs (both in Italy) before joining Arsenal and lighting it up, many other examples as well.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The entire season Kai did not lose focus. Even when he was forced to play a position that didn’t suit him. This player’s mentality is what surprised me the most.

Fully confident with him at 9 next season. Will be a top 3 scorer along with his many intangibles.

The only problem with him is there are games where you need your striker to just bang one in, and he won't. Every game, there are moments where his first instinct is pass over shoot.

Legend14

Established Member
The only problem with him is there are games where you need your striker to just bang one in, and he won't. Every game, there are moments where his first instinct is pass over shoot.

True, though he was getting better and better as hos confidence grew. Better finishers exist, they just can’t do all that he does in Arsenal’s system.

MATHEO

This ridiculous take is being thrown around quite often lately. Its ridiculous for a couple of reasons:

1- Our best form in the season was when Havertz played LCM behind Trossard as the striker. Havertz started to perform well in that LCM position since the turn of the year. He added an extra dimension to the team with his height, duels, and runs from deep. He lacked a bit in terms of positional play in the build up phase but he was only going to get better with time. I also think his passing ability is underestimated by a lot here.

2- We completely dominated Villa in the first half with Havertz at LCM and he was our best player in that half too, statistically speaking it was one of the best halves of the season, only finishing our chances let us down in that half. We dropped down in the second half because it was our 6th game in 18 days and the exact same thing happened against Bayern in the second half 3 days later with Havertz up top. If anything Id blame that loss on Arteta's reluctancy to rotate his team in earlier games and use his squad properly rather than running his starting XI to the ground.

I love Havertz and was calling people here to be patient with him when he was bad in his first few months of the season, dont forget that he was paired with Nketiah upfront that time who offered nothing in terms of creativity and link up play in the centre of the pitch, which only made it even more difficult for him, Nketiah started 12 games this season and we dropped a respectable amount of points in that period, but that seems like a memory long forgotten. Obviously I'm not blaming Kai's shortcomings in the first few months on Nketiah entirely, he was bad himself, the position was new to him and he needed time to learn how to fit in the system, all I'm saying that being paired up with Nketiah didnt help.

I acknowledge that he's done great at CF, but that doesn't mean that he has no future in midfield. In fact, I'm drooling over the fact that we can pair up Havertz in midfield with a world class striker up front, someone like Isak for example giving us the option to transition into 2-striker systems midgame against low blocks. Havertz doing great as a CF doesn't mean that he's not versatile enough to play both positions, he has a lot more in his locker than most think.

fute

This ridiculous take is being thrown around quite often lately. Its ridiculous for a couple of reasons:

1- Our best form in the season was when Havertz played LCM behind Trossard as the striker. Havertz started to perform well in that LCM position since the turn of the year. He added an extra dimension to the team with his height, duels, and runs from deep. He lacked a bit in terms of positional play in the build up phase but he was only going to get better with time. I also think his passing ability is underestimated by a lot here.

2- We completely dominated Villa in the first half with Havertz at LCM and he was our best player in that half too, statistically speaking it was one of the best halves of the season, only finishing our chances let us down in that half. We dropped down in the second half because it was our 6th game in 18 days and the exact same thing happened against Bayern in the second half 3 days later with Havertz up top. If anything Id blame that loss on Arteta's reluctancy to rotate his team in earlier games and use his squad properly rather than running his starting XI to the ground.

I love Havertz and was calling people here to be patient with him when he was bad in his first few months of the season, dont forget that he was paired with Nketiah upfront that time who offered nothing in terms of creativity and link up play in the centre of the pitch, which only made it even more difficult for him, Nketiah started 12 games this season and we dropped a respectable amount of points in that period, but that seems like a memory long forgotten. Obviously I'm not blaming Kai's shortcomings in the first few months on Nketiah entirely, he was bad himself, the position was new to him and he needed time to learn how to fit in the system, all I'm saying that being paired up with Nketiah didnt help.

I acknowledge that he's done great at CF, but that doesn't mean that he has no future in midfield. In fact, I'm drooling over the fact that we can pair up Havertz in midfield with a world class striker up front, someone like Isak for example giving us the option to transition into 2-striker systems midgame against low blocks. Havertz doing great as a CF doesn't mean that he's not versatile enough to play both positions, he has a lot more in his locker than most think.

We lost 2-0 at home when it mattered most to Villa.

Not a W but enough to make you drool I guess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Looking forward seeing if any other teams CF can begin this tournament with both a goal and assist 🤷‍♂️

Mbappe couldn't, Ronaldo couldn't, Kane couldn't, Lukaku couldn't...King Kai though...

editorial-use-no-use-unauthorised-896338630_ba7144.jpg

elemoo

Bearing this stat in mind, for those who would like an upgrade on Kai... bar Isak, who would you do you realistically be looking at that has a proven higher (or just as high) conversion rate with better functionality/assets to our system?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s clear as day that Kai is a forward, and not a midfield player. This was crystal clear from his Leverkausen days, where all of his best stuff came in the final third, as it did at Chelsea.

He was very very poor in midfield (not his fault as he’s not a midfield player) and was absolutely immense up top.

Not sure how you can say our best form came with Trossard as a 9 and Kai in midfield, how many times did this happen?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Havertz played ahead of the ball in that combination with Trossard. He was a striker covering the left midfield role OOP whilst Trossard started left wing but moved centrally. With that being said Havertz’ true ability shone through when Arteta played him as a forward which is what he is. He is not a midfielder but can cover that as part of the ‘covering multiple positions’ demand that Arteta has drilled well into this team.

The Villa game seemed an unnecessary moment to move him back into midfield to accommodate Jesus when he was fine playing the role up top by himself.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom