• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cody Gakpo

Goonger

This guy has a future move to centre forward written all over him.

He looks to have some of the raw attributes that a young Henry had. If he can put it all together and thrive in a tougher league remains to be seen.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
The question is we need someone who can play at RW.
Martinelli/ ESR/Saka can play at RW, and only Pepe can play at RW, i think Pepe will leave.

Raphinha who play at RW and LW, and can give us more goals and more assists, that why we were interested.

There are two options but they are very expensive : Antony (100m) and Bowen (60m)

Neto has a potential, if he is available with 40m, i want him.
Olise is a good option but i'm doubt if he can score +10 goals.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gakpo make no sense anymore we got 3 project young wingers who still not master thier final 3rd decision. An experienced winger needed even if it's a fancy name just someone who fit the system and gives you 20 G/A a season.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Gakpo make no sense anymore we got 3 project young wingers who still not master thier final 3rd decision. An experienced winger needed even if it's a fancy name just someone who fit the system and gives you 20 G/A a season.
Zaha is good and cheap option (15 G/A)
Terrier (24 G/A) , Bowen (22 G/A), Berardi (32 G/A)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Gakpo is misunderstood. I don't think he is a winger/wide forward. He isn't explosive and he isn't someone who is going to run at a full back and take players on. Sure in the Eridivisie he can do it, but there is no chance of him doing that in England.

He played Leicester over two legs and barely managed to genuinely take someone on.

What he does have is a very good touch and vision. He is more Van Persie than he is Mane. I think people think he is some explosive winger who will take players on. He doesn't hold a candle to Martinelli in that respect.

What he does have is the ability to shield the ball, link play, see passes, compete on the air, but his best asset is his banging shot.

If he played on the left for us, he would look more like ESR from a positional sense, looking to come in and combine. Martinelli is able to go on the outside and to be honest he looks like he is ready to explode.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
New link in local Eindhoven newspaper to Gakpo:

Does say PSV wants more than €40m. Don't think he's worth that. Would rather stick with Martinelli unless we go with a massive signing.
Waste of money considering who we have. Would genuinely rather keep the money and get no one if I was told it would be added to next summers kitty.

Just develop Martinelli over bringing in another project. We need a polished and proven winger if we bring one in.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

I don’t consider Gakpo a project tbh. He’s 23, he’s numbers have gone up 3 consecutive seasons, he’s proven he can be a match winner after hitting the winning goal in the Dutch cup final, he’s physically fully developed and mature enough to play in any position across the front line. He can still go up a few levels but he’s capable making an immediate impact.

Top Bottom