• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

cole may face second charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
You're right Adam.. i'm sure Clichy will come in and do a good job for us..
the media / FA/ everyone else always expect us to slip after a good player is injured/suspended. but we always prove them wrong.
I'm not saying we shouldnt care because we need our best players in the lineup.. but we can still win without Cole.

lewdikris

Established Member
Ok, well, it won't happen for a start - although after the Old Trafford incident Cole might get 4 games rather than 3, and unfortunately after that massive reprimand, he should have known better.

There's no defence for what he did, it was, like most of the worst tackles, simply f*cking dumb. Why was he on the right wing? Why did he go in two footed? There's no answer for either.

An appalling tackle.

How Steven Gerrard gets away with them, who knows? It's not an England thing, as Cole's as fundamental to Sven's plans as anyone.

But the important thing is that Clichy looks a more than adequate reserve - in fact he looks bloody good. He'll cope with whatever comes, and Ash might well have to pay the ultimate price of having a real challenge for his place.

The real shame is that he's played so goddamn well recently and then he had to go and stuff it up like that.

Adam

Established Member
Maybe his bad challenge was due to him being uncomfortable on the right, and also anxious about winning the ball for the team as he was out of position.

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
Hah, Steven Gerrard get's away with it scott-free.

"Steven Gerrard will not be punished for his two-footed tackle on Nolberto Solano during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Newcastle on Saturday, however.

Referee Graham Poll has told the FA he saw the incident during the game and they view the issue as closed as they cannot initiate disciplinary proceedings on incidents which have been seen by the officials."

He saw it and still didn't act on it. What type of consistency is this? It was a dangerous challenge was it not?

Exactly.

They should be more concerned about the conduct of Howey, but as we all know nothing will be done about that.

The FA is a total joke.
Something needs to be done about this ref seeing the incident rule, because as it stands it is so hypocritical.

Superdudes

you all have echo my thoughts.. thus i need not say more.. as for left back.. i say.. clichy.. or if lauren came back, toure could play on the left.. he's versatile aren't he.. or cygan could also play on the left with keown coming to the centre back postion.. thus i say.. don't worry.. ashley will be a great loss for the suspended matched but we have back ups..

satan_beckham

dont like the idea of toure playing on left,its not good for a player to play in so many position,just let him concentrate on being our centre back since he played so well over there,clichy should go to the left..i am really looknig forward to seeing him play.About cole i think FA will ban him longer,they always seemed to be anti arsenal dont they?

quattro

well if the FA is going for a witch hunt they may as well take the referee's testimony: http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/r9375.html

"Part of the reason he [Cole] took so long to go off the pitch was that he was trying to be apologetic.

"His reaction was one of disappointment as well as apology.

"Things are not always what they seem."

- Match Referee Rob Styles

nobody is condoning cole's actions, not arsenal and not himself and not the fans. it was stupid and let it be punished. but this "if its arsenal it must be maliciously intended" crap is going to far.

gunner in dubai

I still think it was a vicious tackle and he should have known better! what if he had broken the guy's leg!? However, I am pissed off that Gerrard gets away with exactly the same sort of foolishness! I say let someone else play for england on the left and see how good they would be!

sienna

Cole has apologised for what he did and will serve his suspensions. The ref dealt with it and that's that. What's with the media zeroing in on everything our players did? What the **** is wrong with the FA? They will look further into Cole's actions?! Unbelievable. The FA never seems to amaze me with their incompetence and their willingness to screw us over.

va_va_voom

Adam said:
Referee Graham Poll has told the FA he saw the incident during the game and they view the issue as closed as they cannot initiate disciplinary proceedings on incidents which have been seen by the officials."

He saw it and still didn't act on it. What type of consistency is this? It was a dangerous challenge was it not?

Its Graham Poll, surely no-one is surprised, he's sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom