• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

cole v cliechy debate

simply who would you like to see start tonight.

cliechy has been on a stomping run of form, but lacks the big time experience that is required tonight.

cole, back from a bit of a layoff through injury, and need 100% players for tonight, but has the experience at this level.

ahhh its a tough one.

Aussie

Established Member
When Cole is fit he will start and is still a better all round player than Clichy.

Arsene

Cole is better than clichy, i don't care if clichy has all the talent, right now cole is better in attack and in defence.

beaney

id prefer cole, because hes better.

and hes got more big game experience.

i really like clichy i think hes an excellent prospect, but he still has a lot to learn.

he coped quite well with ronaldo, although ronaldo tried to give him the runaround. he lost him a couple of times, but hey, thats bound to happen.

i think against chelsea, if cole is fit, he has to start him.
Cole knows the score, particualrly against london rivals.

i wouldnt be surprised if next year they both fought it out for a regular place.

KingReyes

Established Member
There is no doubting Clichy's talent and he's recent performances. However Cole is still the top guy at LB and if fit should play tonight.

A

Anonymous

Cole but......................................Wenger wont risk him as we still have many important games coming up.

Piston Broke

Mmmmm Hard one this when i first saw Clichy at Highbury i was more excited than when Cole burst onto the scene so i think i'll have to be different & go For Clichy :shock:

guess cole gets the nod. come on son, lets have some more of that 89th minute kiev thriller stuff again. oooh no i dont think so, me poor ol ticker cant take it anymore. urggghh.

Sammer

Established Member
Cole for tonight because of his experience in tough games.

Mid- to Long-term Clichy looks really promising.

n_henry

Of course Cole. If he's fit enough, then Cole definitely should start. Clichy, as I think he perhaps showed against United on Saturday, isn't quite ready for big games yet (though I'm not saying our loss was his fault or anything, as it wasn't). As it's sure to be a close game, we need our best 11, and Clichy is not quite there yet. :)

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom