• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cole warns Blues

sabret00the

Established Member
funny that, i saw a direct quote in the paper the other day saying he's given up but theirs always next season.

Mark

Established Member
Terry is a great defender, and his England team mate. Wouldn't read too much into that.

I'm just glad he's still focussed on catching them.

informed1

I'm not reading too much into it as far as him and Chelsea tapping up goes, I just don't like it when players get too hyped up even if it was Thierry I would say the same thing, sometimes when I read other players opinion I get annoyed because they go over the top....it makes them seem stupid and living in fantasy world. Terry is a good defender but jeez the press and everyone else needs to calm down he is but a man and as the saying goes "a man is just a man"

Sandip aka Del Piero

I'd love to see how Chelsea do without Terry. If they miss him like we miss Sol sometimes and Man Utd miss Rio, then he is a class player. If Chelsea cope well then it shows you he may be over-rated. Maybe Sven has noticed that and sees the Rio-Sol partnership the better one as their clubs really need them.

The league title is likely theirs... we win the FA cup and stay ahead of manure, imo thats a good season. If we beat them at the bridge that would be awesome.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i feel like i'm in heaven right now. robin van persie was immense. paddy was incredible over the whole 90 mins though. and how about that defence?!?! that unit was magnificent all through the game. well done arsenal. i'm off to work now.

Jkreffer

Established Member
The defence has looked really good recently. Sols going to have to work hard in order to win his place back!?

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
We did look good, but it was Blackburn after all. Totally impotent up front. The Chav match will show us if our defence really has improved or if its just skin deep.

asajoseph

Established Member
We HAVE only played one good team recently, Bayern, but kept a clean sheet against them.

I think the 'toothlessness' wasn't down to the strikers, more the fact that our main creative forces (Bergkamp and Pires) have been largely off form for most of the season, and we are offering nothing down the centre of the pitch, given that Reyes plays wide and Bergkamp deep, and even when we broke I was screaming at Reyes to make his runs down the centre, as opposed to toward the corner flag. Freddie's not creative either, which doesn't really help matters.

I think the best we can hope for is play Fabregas in midfield against the Chavs, hope Pires brings his a-game, and partner van Persie with Reyes. It's a risk, but we've not got a lot to lose. Fabregas on the right isn't his perfect position, but if we're keeping the strength of Giblerto and Paddy in the middle, which I believe we need to, we need to rely on more than two out of season players for our creative touch, so this kid may be the answer, at least for the time being.

Mark

Established Member
Bayern may have been the only decent team we've played against, but we've been up against the likes of Bolton and Blackburn who cross the ball a lot which is something we've struggled with this season. It doesn't matter whether the opponents aren't that good because they can still score against you and get points off you. Look at our results against Southampton, Palace and West Brom earlier in the season. We're defending much better at the moment and I think, especially with Sol back, we can keep out Chelsea.

The lack of creativity is worrying, but Pires has played well in the big games this season so maybe he will turn it on. If not, it may take an error, or an individual piece of brilliance to decide this game.

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh, I certainly wouldn't want to take anything away from the defence - you can only beat, and indeed defend against, what's put in front of you, and they've done that job superbly.

But, we'll see how they cope in the run in, against teams with higher quality attacking players like Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd in the cup final (probably)...

Mark

Established Member
Certainly the biggest tests are yet to come, but they will surely get confidence from the recent statistics and all those clean sheets.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
i feel like i'm in heaven right now. robin van persie was immense. paddy was incredible over the whole 90 mins though. and how about that defence?!?! that unit was magnificent all through the game. well done arsenal. i'm off to work now.
I know what you mean, life feels pretty good at the moment. I am very impressed with our defense and how it has strenthened recently and with Sol back it can only get better.

Like Mark said though, our biggest tests are yet to come but thanks to our recent matches and all those clean sheets that we have recorded we will have the confidence we need.

Wenger14

Established Member
Our defense has certainly improved, we conceded 4 goals in a match to both scums this season, I certainly don't see us doing that again the way our defence is playing now.
On another note, is it defense or defence :?

voomboom

unless you're american

(which I ain't....)

they can't spell colour properly either

hate it when my html won't work 'cos I forgot to spell it wrong

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom