• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Come on, five minutes'

Reyes(9)

yeah i read it and i got really shocked with what i've read.. !! it's really strange to put the same ref again between the two teams within only two weeks ..and they've played physical again against us !! Strange thing "come on,five minutes" now that's interesting !!! :evil:

phonics

"As a German, I should not make comments about the referee because of our referees.

"They found out there have been some links to some other foreign countries."

thats the far more interesting part

seb_afc

Established Member
well to be fair the ref helped jens stay on the pitch...most refs would have at least given him a yellow.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lol. considering howard webb could have sent off lehmann at least twice, i think he should keep his mouth shut.

Army of Me

Established Member
webb could've sent off or at least booked many people he didn't.

he's one of my favourite ref's, but he did have a poor game yesterday.

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah i like webb. he lets things go that loads of other refs blow for. he makes the game more physical like the old days which i like about him.

polaris sc

seb_afc said:
yeah i like webb. he lets things go that loads of other refs blow for. he makes the game more physical like the old days which i like about him.

i like the physical stuff but there is also dangerous ask reyes

andyswafc

polaris sc said:
seb_afc said:

i like the physical stuff but there is also dangerous ask reyes

How long does it take to X-Ray Jose's leg?

DC Gunner

Established Member
Com'n people , if Faye got his well deserved RED, do you think the game would have turned to be that out of control as far as physical play is concerned ?

Glass_Heart

Love him or hate him

Jens Lehmann is one committed gooner ok

He's one who proudly wear the badge on his sleeve and doesn't back off from any challenge

As a gunner fan, i wish we have more players with his intrepid attitude

Dougan17

that's our crazy keeper for you. He was right it did seem as though Webb was letting things go a bit for bolton, especially the faye challenge that's a straight red no matter what. Oh and he booked fabregas without even looking at the challenge. If you watch it he's right next to him and the ball is kicked in front and he watches the ball and Cesc gets in late and he turns and gives a yellow just based on the sound that the bolton player made.

Faye was dynamite all game too :( If he were off we would've won.

Feanor

Established Member
You know, I always say that you shouldn't use the refs as an excuse when things don't go your way but I'm must that this season has been tough. Most 50-50 call that I can think has gone against us this season and it's usual if you're on the road but even as the home team, we don't get the close calls anymore. I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe it's because Wenger doesn't complain as much as the other managers? Maybe it's because we're having a bad season and I think we're losing a lot of the 50-50 calls...

Latest posts

Top Bottom