• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Come together ...right now ..."

Galahad

Well as it was never any different for me, I have no problems with just supporting the lads likewise :) Things might look much brighter after the next match anyways...well or darker ;-)

Biggus

Established Member
GoonerAG you're a fiery one! :wink: Have a look back at some of the posts in the "Wenger must step up" or "Arsenal Mania politics" threads. I could have done with you on my side when I was getting hammered by almost everyone when I was probably one of the first to suggest that Wenger has got it all wrong. But now it's different, a 15M player that may have helped us will cost a lot more. So whether or not Wenger had money and irregardless of whether he was willing to spend, we need Wenger's canniness in the transfer market now more than ever.

Whether or not they will get any of their targets is irrelevant. The market has changed.

GoonerAG

Biggus said:
GoonerAG you're a fiery one! :wink: Have a look back at some of the posts in the "Wenger must step up" or "Arsenal Mania politics" threads. I could have done with you on my side when I was getting hammered by almost everyone when I was probably one of the first to suggest that Wenger has got it all wrong. But now it's different, a 15M player that may have helped us will cost a lot more. So whether or not Wenger had money and irregardless of whether he was willing to spend, we need Wenger's canniness in the transfer market now more than ever.

Whether or not they will get any of their targets is irrelevant. The market has changed.
In which case we should adapt to change and not sit there stagnant as everyone around us gets bigger and better!!!

I don't care if it means foreign investment, we should simply continue as a big club, and right now, our status is under threat! Don't get me wrong, I was one of Wenger's biggest supporters (I wrote quite a bit about that on this website) and thought that what he had done last season deserved a lot of credit, but it seems that we have gone back to the way things were 3 seasons ago (when, despite reaching the Champions League final, we were still 20 something points behind Chelsea)!!!

GoonerAG

Galahad said:
Well, you want to support a big club, I want to support Arsenal.
To me they have always been synonymous them two phrases mate, and the board, Wenger, the players all have the responsibility to carry this on to their absolute maximums

Biggus

Established Member
GoonerAG said:
I don't care if it means foreign investment,

That's a discussion for another thread.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30020&p=1409517#p1409517" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30020&p=1409517#p1409517</a>

GoonerAG

Biggus said:
GoonerAG said:
[
I don't care if it means foreign investment,

That a discussion for another thread.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30020&p=1409517#p1409517" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30020&p=1409517#p1409517</a>
lol I don't wanna discuss it, it was just an in-passing example that we should do whatever it will take to guarantee future success, and by success I mean trophies, not style or purism etc...

Kilgallon

Webdesignlab said:
It's not about winning anything or not. It is about getting behind the guys.

Even Eboue.

I refuse to get behind Eboue. He just seems like a nasty character :|

Why wouldn't we support the club anyway? If anybody doesn't support the club 100% of the time then they can **** off and support Man City for a bit. I heard they're on the up...

GoonerAG

Biggus said:
Ahh AG I wish you'd been here a few months ago.

Biggus, the season is young, and I am sure myself and many Gooners will have many things to say about what success is etc...

The fact is I have been supporting Wenger as if I was his son for the last three seasons, and all my friends, Arsenal and non-Arsenal fans will testify to that. But there always comes a point where enough is enough, and for Arsène Wenger and Arsenal's board, that time is now!

It's all good supporting them and backing them etc, which I believe was the main point for opening this thread (so I apologise profusely for bursting the author's bubble here); however, what's the point in backing the players and manager when we know from deep within that the probable conclusion is that we will finish 4th (just) and start an almighty struggle all summer long to keep Fabregas, Adebayor etc..?

I for one hope I'm proven dramatically wrong, but at the moment I can't see it!

morpho

Established Member
Biggus as a peacemaker! Times have changed :mrgreen:
civil war only makes our exterior enemies stronger, and we cant have any of that can we.
More importantly we have to support the team at the stadium. Get behind them, and let them know that we DO believe! Even in Eboue! Guess thats what me and the rest of the wengerism-boys have been preeching for... :D

Biggus

Established Member
GoonerAG said:
we should do whatever it will take to guarantee future success, and by success I mean trophies, not style or purism etc...

I agree 100% but at the moment that is simply unattainable and unrealistic, In the present climate we would do well to maintain our CL spot, and Wenger is our best possible hope for that.

morpho said:
Biggus as a peacemaker! Times have changed

Well there are historical precedents: Nixon in China, Sadat and Begin, Rabin and Arafat......Hope I don't end up like Sadat or Rabin. :|

GaelForce22

Established Member
Oh, come on! I know Man City becoming ChelseaII with more spending power drove a lot of you 'off the edge' but this is ridiculous. We know we are all here to support the club and we know we are all here hoping the club will be successful in the next game, the next season and in the future. But saying that we now have no chance of winning anything is simply not true. Man City will be lucky to overtake Liverpool this season and even if they buy a whole new team for the next season they wont instantly 'click'. Not to mention the problems having a dressing room full of big egos will give the team. They are a problem for the future, not for now.

Last weekend none of our rivals for the Premiership won their matches. Neither did any of our major rivals for the Champions League (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Inter, Juve, Barca, Madrid). The kids have gotten to the last 4 of the Carling Cup two years running. A slightly better performance will get them further this year. And we have as much chance of winning the FA cup as anyone else.

Biggus

Established Member
No you don't get it Gael. Many of us came to the conclusion that we couldn't win the title ages ago, the passing of the transfer deadline confirmed it and even called Wenger's leadership into question. But the Man City news has changed the landscape again. Of course this team has too many deficiencies to succeed, but for survival in the big 4 and that's what we're looking at now it's hard to see how anyone but Wenger can do it with such a young side. I'm a pragmatist so I fail to see what choice any of us have now but to get behind him and the team.

ricky1985

Established Member
Biggus, mate, there never was a war.

Just a difference of opinion, and it was fun to discuss, even if a few have gone overboard since the close of the transfer window.

If you see something wrong with how Arsenal are running the club, from the bottom to the the top, then you have every right to bring that up.

I, unlike some others can differentiate between you and your opinions. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts (most of the time) because I get a very well written, intelligent insight into an opinion different to mine.

Ultimately, like I said in another thread, we are all here because we love Arsenal, and because we want to see them achieve all that they are capable of. But there is more than one way to skin a cat, and so we all have different opinions about how Arsenal should go about reaching the top, and staying there. The bottom line is we all want the same thing, success for our club.

We are all different factions of the same movement. You are like Malcom X, and we are like Martin Luther King, we preach peace and love, and you preach social mayhem :) Either way we are both gonna get shot.

Not quite the Civil Rights Movement, more the Arsène's Tight Movement. I'll get my coat. :)

arsmile

Established Member
i have always been behind the club- i am behind eboue, almunia, and even mikeal f**king silvestre.

but i also have hope that we will have a good season- with luck and inhuman consistancy we can win one of the big 2 comps(not likely...but could happen)

and i dotn want succes at all costs- i want succes the right way, i want success without a billionaire pouring money into us, success without spending 30million on players, success with beautiful football, success wenger's way- and i'm happy to wait ANOTHER season or 2 actually, cos our succes will mean so much more than chealsea, liverpool, or manure's cos we'll have done it the right way when everybody said it was impossible...a team can only be so good- chelsea/manure/mancity will never build an unbeatable team...there is always a chance

and so long as i am on these drugs i will believe the above

Biggus

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I, unlike some others can differentiate between you and your opinions. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts (most of the time) because I get a very well written, intelligent insight into an opinion different to mine.

Thank you Ricky the respect is mutual.

vin de guerre

Biggus said:
ricky1985 said:

Thank you Ricky the respect is mutual.

Oh my god Biggus! All this mutual respect is making me nauseous
We might as well get behind the team as much as possible because from what I have heard there may not be enough time left to finnish the season

Top Bottom