• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Come together ...right now ..."

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Everyone is behind the club, I think that's without question. Glory Hunter's don't tend to spend hours poring through forums, arguing points they feel relevant and posting 36 odd pages on deadline day on what might happen.

Glory hunters are generally the ones on F365 on the comments page whose main language seems to be a strange hybrid of text speak and English....the ones who go crazy with joy after a win yet have nothing but bile after even one poor result... and then fade away completely after two or three bad results.

At least every one here, no matter what their opinion is in it for the long haul. Successful, unsuccessful , during the good bad and indifferent times everyone here lives, breathes and drinks Arsenal. That much is clear.

The only objection I would have is the use of 'Wenger apologists' or titles like that on both sides. Like everything it's easy to just lump someone into a category and then dismiss their arguments on the basis of that. Whether someone blindly saying 'Wenger knows best' or whether someone categorically saying' Wenger's lost it' ...both statements are wrong as there's valid points to be made and debated on both sides, and indeed long may it last.

Personally I'm still optimitic we will achieve something this season, in all probabilty the FA Cup rather than the Premiership but you can be damn sure, no matter how people demean it, if Gallas was to climbing up the steps to collect it there wouldn't be a Gunner here not grinning from ear to ear.

As for the League, yes we have a threadbare squad but we always have and we have triumphed before and despite Chelsea's obscenely bloated squad, we may do again. Injuries ravaged us last year, who knows? Maybe that will improve this season. Whatever happens, theres 35 more League games to go, CL battles to come and Cup outings on the horizon. Whether optimistic , pessimistic or realistic - all here will be behind the team.

Peux ce que veux. Allons-y

vin de guerre

You apparently dont know many "Glory Hunters".
If you had done a little more research, you would have realised both Biggus and myself are self proclaimed "Glory Hunters" and we have no problem in waxing lyrical about our time at Dial Square et al.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Im with Arsenal 100%, be it standing and cheering whenever I get a ticket, or throwing my fists in the air when I watch them on TV, its our club and nothing will change that, come what may.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Ah but youre wrong there. I also said Glory Hunters fade away. I dount Biggus or yourself have any intention of doing that ;)

Glory Hunters are those who seek glory but can't and won't support a team that fades or goes through tough patches. Their interest drifts and eventually they latch on to the next new thing. Take the amount of Chelsea jerseys that suddenly appeared after they won the League....

Pádraig

You don't win the title without haveing quality, experienced players. Why the **** should we 'come together' and settle for some of the utter mediocrity that is in the squad at the moment.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Because other option is to go follow Chelsea. You follow the club irrespective of whether you agree or disagree with what's happened. As Biggus put quite well, whats done is done, now we all just support the team

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Biggus said:
Sorry Webdesign if I've hijacked your thread I believe I'm keeping in the spirit of it. I don't know if you have yet heard and understood the news about Man Ciy. Things have changed- a lot and very quickly! some people will need time to realise that.

Ha ha, I only though that 2 or 3 would kill this thread ... now look. Take it away Biggus, you're the man for the job.

Actually I also agree to the Wengerites that I should have put the other side after my views to be fair.

Man City? What the feck happened there? Ronaldo ha ha ..You are right Biggus the United effers must be so mad ...

Peace to all.

"In Arsen' (al) we trust" (That phrase must satisfy all).

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Pádraig said:
You don't win the title without haveing quality, experienced players. Why the f**k should we 'come together' and settle for some of the utter mediocrity that is in the squad at the moment.

'cause it's done brother. We have to back the team. That's all.

air

Biggus said:
GoonerAG said:
Wenger has simply given all he can to the club now and should step aside and let a younger, more ambitious and fresher manager come in, who is willing to spend big money on reviving the team's fortunes.

But GoonerAG the time for spending big money is past, its over. These bastards are talking about 100M! or whatever it takes for Ronaldinho, Torres, Fabregas, Henry, it's a different ball game now.

I agree completely. What's crazy is that now there's a new owner at City, we suddenly need to start taking part and losing in every bidding war. And once that's done we still need to make £20 million signings for players we can't afford or don't need just to prove we're serious. Right now, our way is the way to go... well, our way plus one more midfielder would be good.

Pádraig said:
You don't win the title without haveing quality, experienced players. Why the f**k should we 'come together' and settle for some of the utter mediocrity that is in the squad at the moment.

I was going to say it's bulls**t saying Sagna, Fabregas, Nasri and van Persie are UTTER mediocrity but I realized you added the word "some". I still don't agree with you though.

Rohit

Established Member
Pádraig said:

Really don't, you shouldn't.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Lay down your arms and surrender to me.
Oh lay down your arms and love me peacefully. yea.
Use your arms for squezing and pleasing the one that loves you so.
Oh there aint no reason for you to declare war on the one who loves you so.
So forget the other boys because my love is real.
Come off your battlefield.
Yea lay down your arms and love me peacefully. yea.
Use your arms for squezing and please cuse thats the way it has to be.
The weapons youre using are hurting me bad.
But someday youre going to retreat.
Cause my love baby is the truest youve ever had.
A soldier of love thats hard to beat.
Lay down your arms and love me peacefully. yea.
Use your arms to hold me tight. baby I dont wanna fight no more.
Oh baby, lay down your arms.
Please baby lay down your arms.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We must be realistic potentional wise we can challenge but expierence wise and depth we cant.

If we wont win anything this season,

Our star players are defenitly gone.

Mckenna

I'm definitely behind the team. Funny though it may sound, I don't think I ever wasn't. I think there's been a period of (for the most part) constructive criticism of Arsène and his approach. I think it has stirred some interesting debates. These may've crystallized into two warring sides, doctrines etc, for some people, but for the most part, I think the debates have actually remained civil.

At this time, yes, I support calls for a general amnesty in the good name of Arsenal FC. We must come together and support the team. For the greater good. I'd never forgive myself if Sp**s overtook us at some point because we fans were holding back our own club.

Gooners For Life.

kym7224

Man city owner has 550 Billion pounds, I honestly don't know how much money it is. :lol:

Circumstance around EPL is rapidly changing, yes window is shut, Let's back the boys 100%.

I am on Biggus side during this summer, but with small money (even Roman looks like kid has piggy bank to Man City new owner) Wenger is the right man to manage the team.

Until the January window, we all in peace.

Tony Montana

Established Member
As the author of the Arsenal-Mania Politics thread, and a former Wenger sceptic (although not necessarily the most ardent of them), i'm delighted to hear language such as 'civil war', 'ceasefire' and 'truce'. This concept of war and factions has really gone strong for several months and the divide was really clear.

Many people entered (or made a real presence in) the war later, such as J'nuh, Morpho, Ricky1985, McKenna and Psycho and they contributed wonderfully. But now the sceptics leader Biggus has called for a truce and for us all to rally round Arsène Wenger as one. We need to fight together against many many other nations. Nations like Chelsea, United and Sp**s who are near and nations like Barca and Milan who are far away.

I've really enjoyed the intelligent posts of Lancelot, Asajoseph, Law, Biggus, Alfonso, Rohit, RTC and many others. I hope they continue but for now we must rally together.

COME ON ARSENAL! COME ON!

Biggus

Established Member
:lol: Well said Tony. I can't stomach the thought of "Johnny Foreigners" from these other "nations" coming here and getting cheap laughs reading us pulling ourselves to shreds. The facts are there is nothing more to be said or done until January but come together and hope we win win win. Then we can take stock of the situation again, where we are in the league, what's the news coming out from other "nations".

MDGoonah41 said:

Nobody is surrendering to anyone, we can all keep our pointy venom tipped keyboards. As Lancelot says "ceasefire" is probably more apt. I'm sure there'll still be a few hotheads with itchy typing fingers on both sides but I'd hope people will try to calm them down.

Biggus said:
We Wenger Skeptics have to accept that we cannot hope to compete in the transfer market even if we wanted to now, so Wenger is off the hook as it were. And you Wenger loyalists must accept that we can now never win the title again under these conditions.

MDGoonah41 said:
Lay down your arms and love me peacefully. yea.

Physical intimacy between factions whilst permitted is not mandatory.

Alfonso

Established Member
A so-called 'Ceasefire' is pretentious and will only last until our next bad result. Another 'Fulham' like result and all hell will break out on here and the 'war' will very much be on. Anyway, doesnt a ceasefire go against the whole point of a forum? One reason why a forum is developed is so that you can hear different sides of the coin. If everyone is singing from the same page for the sake of it then we might as well lock up this forum.

At the end of the day I aint joining any group, im my own man. I support Arsenal football club and if I see something aint right Im going to say it how it is from my perspective.

Tony Montana

Established Member
But it's easier to group people into pigeonholes. You're clearly a Wenger sceptic.

It doesn't mean you can't say what you feel now that there's a ceasefire. You just have to support Wenger.....until May.

Lancelot

Established Member
Spoken like a true leader, Tony. I take it as a privilege to be able to read your cultured posts as well. :)

3 points all the way till the end.

COME ON ARSENAL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom